+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP 2023 Post your questions and timeline

John08

Feb 25, 2024
Hi all,
Im just wondering if anyone of you applied for bc pnp and working in Interiorhealth? Im a housekeeper in kelowna general hospital. Unfortunately I am still casual and need a permanent position in order to apply for BCPNP. Some say they apply using “permanent part-time” position as long as you make 32hrs per week. I just wanna make sure if can really use permanent part time also because it is hard to get permanent full time position all over the okanagan. And my permit will expired on sept 1. So im really worried. I hope anyone know the answer thank you guys!!

Dhillon00

Feb 15, 2024
BC
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-02-2024
Hi all,
Im just wondering if anyone of you applied for bc pnp and working in Interiorhealth? Im a housekeeper in kelowna general hospital. Unfortunately I am still casual and need a permanent position in order to apply for BCPNP. Some say they apply using “permanent part-time” position as long as you make 32hrs per week. I just wanna make sure if can really use permanent part time also because it is hard to get permanent full time position all over the okanagan. And my permit will expired on sept 1. So im really worried. I hope anyone know the answer thank you guys!!
You are eligible to apply for BC PNP as long as you have a permanent job offer with minimum of 30 hours per week. Casual or Temporary employment is not eligible to apply for BC PNP Health Authority.

John08

Feb 25, 2024
You are eligible to apply for BC PNP as long as you have a permanent job offer with minimum of 30 hours per week. Casual or Temporary employment is not eligible to apply for BC PNP Health Authority.
Thank you so much for your reply.

MIT99110110

Feb 28, 2024
In terms of getting ITA for skilled workers (Chemical engineers) and international students (diploma), which is faster Alberta or British Columbia?

PipeWrench33

Mar 4, 2024
Question for people who are in process for BC PNP under international graduates:

I have a 2-year diploma from Alberta. I have a full time permanent job in my field (TEER 2 job). Do I need employer support for BC PNP as an international graduate? Or just the job offer letter.
Do I need certain months of experience before i can apply?

MIT99110110

Feb 28, 2024
Question for people who are in process for BC PNP under international graduates:

I have a 2-year diploma from Alberta. I have a full time permanent job in my field (TEER 2 job). Do I need employer support for BC PNP as an international graduate? Or just the job offer letter.
Do I need certain months of experience before i can apply?
https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/Skills-Immigration#IG
As per attached BC PNP web, you need the following:
International Graduate
The International Graduate stream is a way for recent graduates with a degree or diploma from an eligible Canadian post-secondary institution to get permanent residence and stay in B.C.
Eligibility
To qualify for this stream, you must:
  • Have completed a degree, diploma or certificate from an eligible post-secondary institution in Canada in the past three years
  • Have accepted an indeterminate* (no defined end date), full-time job offer from a B.C. employer. The job must be classified as NOCTEER category 1, 2, or 3
    • management occupations (NOC TEER 0) are not eligible under this stream
  • Be qualified to work in your occupation in B.C.
  • Meet minimum language requirements
  • Have a wage offer in line with B.C. wage rates for the occupation
  • Show you can support yourself and your dependants
Your employer must agree to support your application and must meet certain requirements. For more information, please see the Employer page.

This stream also has the Express Entry BC option.

* Your job offer does not need to be indeterminate if it is in a priority technology occupation.

For complete eligibility criteria for the International Graduate stream, please refer to the Skills Immigration Program Guide.

MIT99110110

Feb 28, 2024
MY BC PNP TIMELINE: Skilled Immigration EE NOC: 21301 Mechanical Engineer
EE Profile Created: 30/10/2023
BC PNP Registration: 03/NOV/2023
BC PNP ITA: 07/NOV/2023
BC PNP Application Submitted: 24/NOV/2023

I am Still waiting on Date: 30/DEC/2023 for any progress. The Application is still "In Progress"
What is your SIRS score?

NQM2024

Mar 6, 2024
Hello, just a question, My employer is willing to provide the recommendation letter. They are not very sure of the format and content of the recommendation letter. I would appreciate if anyone can provide me a sample or provide guidelines. TIA

Amandeeps599

Mar 8, 2024
Hello Everyone,
I am creating a profile for BC PNP and am confused about selecting the work Location as I work remotely from my home and my employer is based out of Northern BC. I also live in BC but in Metro Vancouver. If I select my home as work location, I get 0 points for PNP areas whereas if I select the Head Office of my Company as my work location, I get 15 points. Is there anyone who has experience with this situation... Thanks in advance...