+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP 2016 applicants join here!!!!

yansenwong

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zedd4x said:
Actually in my application it asks me for a bunch of documents to upload such as express entry candidacy, passport scans, immigration documents, ECA, English test results, official transcripts and a photograph.
Yes, because your profile is under international post-grad, you bypass the 'Registration' stage and go right to the 'Application' stage.

The pathway to permanent residency for the BC PNP program is:
Registration > Invitation > Application > Nomination > Permanent Residence

In the BC PNP Program Guide (page 49), it says:

"Please note that if you are interested in the following categories, you do not need to register and may proceed directly to the application via BCPNP Online:
 Skills Immigration – Health Care Professional
 Skills Immigration – International Post-Graduate
 Express Entry BC – Health Care Professional
 Express Entry BC – International Post-Graduate"

We do not need to upload any documents in the 'Registration' stage. We do that in the 'Application' stage, which is after we get an ITA.

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
yansenwong said:
Yes, because your profile is under international post-grad, you bypass the 'Registration' stage and go right to the 'Application' stage.

The pathway to permanent residency for the BC PNP program is:
Registration > Invitation > Application > Nomination > Permanent Residence

In the BC PNP Program Guide (page 49), it says:

"Please note that if you are interested in the following categories, you do not need to register and may proceed directly to the application via BCPNP Online:
 Skills Immigration – Health Care Professional
 Skills Immigration – International Post-Graduate
 Express Entry BC – Health Care Professional
 Express Entry BC – International Post-Graduate"

We do not need to upload any documents in the 'Registration' stage. We do that in the 'Application' stage, which is after we get an ITA.
Thanks for the information.

I am having trouble overwriting already uploaded documents. I get a fatal error every time I try to upload again... Is anyone else having this problem too ?

gimvie

Jul 5, 2015
Hi Guys.
I have created online profile in BCPNP Under International graduates.
But i have some questions.

Firstly we get 600 points for CIC EE if BC will nominate us, so what does that nomination actually mean! Does it mean when i will receive ITA then i can claim 600 points for EE? or Nomination is next stage after receiving ITA? AND when i will get ITA if i will be selected in next draw of BCPNP EE?

Secondly, is there any difference between Permanent residency of Canada and PR of BC?

Third, suppose in next draw of BCPNP i will be selected then what is best estimate time that i will get my PR Card or PR documents (I know on their website its written that processing time in EE is 4-5 months, is it time of submitting all documents till getting PR?

Lastly, I have a full time permanent job and i am on Post graduation work permit and while filling online BCPNP EE profile there was a question "Are you currently working for the B.C. employer supporting your job offer?". I selected "NO". My employer is willing to provide all necessary documents for my immigration i.e job offer letter or company's documents.. So should i select "YES" or "NO" (I am thinking it is LMIA related question)

Thanks..

yansenwong

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gimvie said:
Hi Guys.
I have created online profile in BCPNP Under International graduates.
But i have some questions.

Firstly we get 600 points for CIC EE if BC will nominate us, so what does that nomination actually mean! Does it mean when i will receive ITA then i can claim 600 points for EE? or Nomination is next stage after receiving ITA? AND when i will get ITA if i will be selected in next draw of BCPNP EE?
When you get nominated, it means that you fulfill the requirement of BC PNP program and BC sees you as a good candidate to meet labor market demands in BC.
When you get an Invitation to Apply (ITA), you are invited to apply to EEBC PNP program, but it is not guaranteed that you're going to get nominated.
After you get your Provincial nomination, you'll get an addition of 600 points towards your Federal Express Entry points.
For EEBC - International Graduate category, you're guaranteed an ITA if your BC PNP registration point is more than 105.
If it is less than that, you'll be placed in the registration pool and the selection will be based on your rank in that pool.
Unfortunately, no one here knows the exact date of the next draw of EEBC - International Graduate category. I'm hoping they'll do it soon since I'm in this category as well ;)

Secondly, is there any difference between Permanent residency of Canada and PR of BC?
We all here are applying to be a permanent resident of Canada :)

Third, suppose in next draw of BCPNP i will be selected then what is best estimate time that i will get my PR Card or PR documents (I know on their website its written that processing time in EE is 4-5 months, is it time of submitting all documents till getting PR?
The best estimate time is what's written in their website. If it says 4-5 months, then that will be a good reference for the best estimate time.
For BC PNP, I've created a spreadsheet to track how we're doing with our progress. You're welcome to add your information so we all can let each other know where we are with our registration/application. See my signature below for the link to the spreadsheet. Provide your info in this discussion thread if you want to be added to the spreadsheet.
For EEBC - International Graduate category, you'll submit the required documents during the 'Application' stage. For the list of required documents in BC PNP Online application, please refer to Appendix 1 of BC PNP Technical Guide.

Lastly, I have a full time permanent job and i am on Post graduation work permit and while filling online BCPNP EE profile there was a question "Are you currently working for the B.C. employer supporting your job offer?". I selected "NO". My employer is willing to provide all necessary documents for my immigration i.e job offer letter or company's documents.. So should i select "YES" or "NO" (I am thinking it is LMIA related question)
You should select the answer that best describes your situation. If you're currently working for the BC employer supporting job offer, answer yes. If you're not working for that BC employer, answer no.

Thanks..
See above for my response.

Sardar Ali

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
zedd4x said:
Thanks for the information.

I am having trouble overwriting already uploaded documents. I get a fatal error every time I try to upload again... Is anyone else having this problem too ?
I have the same problem. Getting error while updating the douments. Please let me know when you find any solution.

yansenwong

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gimvie said:
Hi Guys.
In technical guide Appendix 1, it says attachment required for each categorey. But when i was filling profile it never asked for any attachment..so should i wait till the draw?
And i am not able to open "please see the descriptions listed here" in technical guide Appendix 1 for post graduate students If any one can open the link please share it or send me email at : g i m v i e @hot mail.com :
You will be required to upload those attachments in the 'Application' stage. Right now you're only in the 'Registration' stage, which is 1 step before the 'Application' stage.
Yes, I also noticed that link doesn't work. But you can just manually go to page 50 of the Technical Guide to see the descriptions.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
yansenwong said:
Hi Rabin, you can just provide your information here. I'm the only one who has access to edit the spreadsheet.
I will add your information to the spreadsheet manually.
My stream is skilled worker BC PNP and i got 76 pints Yasenwong .Just add me in you spreadsheet.Please do let me know if you need any other information.
Thanks

gimvie

Jul 5, 2015
As we all know that we need to require lot of documents from our employer for BCPNP. One of them is Employment offer letter. My employment letter is missing my job duties and number of hours i work per week. I i requested my employer to amend my offer letter, they told me that offer letter can't be amended as it was issued last year but we can give you additional letter with missing things mention on it (orignal offer letter was issued last year and two letters just issued on my special request this month), one with detail job duties and qualification required for this post which is singed by me and my employer on current date, and employer also issued 2nd letter with number of hours i work per week which is only singed by my payroll manager.

So if original employment letter is missing hours we work per week and pay per hour (which is one of the requirement) then obviously company can't amend original offer letter and even can't issued 2nd offer letter with updates. So only way is to issue separate letters which will show those missing things in employment letter I believe many candidates are facing this issue.

Please share your experience.

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Sardar Ali said:
I have the same problem. Getting error while updating the douments. Please let me know when you find any solution.
I deleted my entire application (after saving screenshots ofcourse, and copying all the text manually in a text file) and re-created very carefully making sure that I don't have to re-upload any documents.

ashraf09

Oct 4, 2015
Hey Everyone. I will be done with my Masters degree by this year(I will take summer semester and will complete by 1 year). Hoping that the International Post graduate stream is still open on 2017, I want to know what are the other requirement for a student who obtained a masters degree from a recognized university in Canada to obtain a PR? Is having prior job experience or job offer from any employer in Canada required while applying for this stream? As I will complete my Master's in 1 year time, will there be any problem? Please do give me some idea so I can plan accordingly. Thank in advance.

happy Canada 2015

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-Feb-2016
Passport Req..
12 May 2016
ashraf09 said:
Hey Everyone. I will be done with my Masters degree by this year(I will take summer semester and will complete by 1 year). Hoping that the International Post graduate stream is still open on 2017, I want to know what are the other requirement for a student who obtained a masters degree from a recognized university in Canada to obtain a PR? Is having prior job experience or job offer from any employer in Canada required while applying for this stream? As I will complete my Master's in 1 year time, will there be any problem? Please do give me some idea so I can plan accordingly. Thank in advance.

Hi brother,

The pnp rules can change any time ( From my experience ) the best plan is always look for a skilled job before you finish studies and start working there, so even the pnp didn't accept your application you can still apply for the express entry federal PR through CEC after a year, since you have a master's in canada your points will be enough to get a ITA unless you have a very low language skills, it's just an second option, if the BC pnp keep the same rules for the post graduate category until 2017, then you can directly apply to bc pnp and no need of one year experience, but from my experience always keep an second option, it does help you if pnp put more restrictions on their intake applications.

And most important you must qualify for one of the federal stream before apply to BC pnp, All the info is in the CIC website.

All the best, Hope for for the best!

ashraf09

Oct 4, 2015
happy Canada 2015 said:
ashraf09 said:

Hi brother,

The pnp rules can change any time ( From my experience ) the best plan is always look for a skilled job before you finish studies and start working there, so even the pnp didn't accept your application you can still apply for the express entry federal PR through CEC after a year, since you have a master's in canada your points will be enough to get a ITA unless you have a very low language skills, it's just an second option, if the BC pnp keep the same rules for the post graduate category until 2017, then you can directly apply to bc pnp and no need of one year experience, but from my experience always keep an second option, it does help you if pnp put more restrictions on their intake applications.

And most important you must qualify for one of the federal stream before apply to BC pnp, All the info is in the CIC website.

All the best, Hope for for the best!
Hey, thank you for your reply. I understand your point, keeping a second option open is the best thing to do, I have that in mind as well. In the last part, you mentioned about qualifying for a federal stream. If I get a job, I will be eligible for applying in federal skilled worker and if not, I can always apply through International post graduate category(given its still open) right? or did I get it wrong?