May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Langford_Man said:
We're on virtually the same timeline as you with the same answers. An Ombudsperson investigator called us back last week and told us our complaint has been added in with several other similar complaints and will be investigated as a systemic issue, which means it will take longer.
I think we got the same phone call, maybe 2 weeks ago, they asked us to send everything again via email, but said nothing about when will they process it. Now with the new pilot program many applicant can get OWP and with that healthcare too, so maybe by the time they will proceed with the class action some already will be covered. I'd like to get OWP as soon as possible, but still would like to see that someone is addressing these issues with BC MSP.

Van Rooster

Jan 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-04-2015
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
This has been a helpful thread as we'll be needing to apply for MSP when my wife arrives albeit on an outland application.

Hopefully we get some proof of transfer from Miss. to Manila.

She is initially coming on a WHV which qualifies for MSP too but wasn't planning on having a return ticket as we anticipate completing the PR process before or shortly after the WHV visa expires.

Pulak

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2010
Doc's Request.
With Application
AOR Received.
10-12-2010
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
14-02-2011 (In Process from 24-02-2011)
Med's Request
05-10-11 (issued on 29-09-11)
Med's Done....
15-10-11
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2011
LANDED..........
06-02-2012
Me and my wife got our PR on 2012 and came to Canada , received our PR card and went back to Bangladesh. There on 2013 our child was born. Now on 2014 we came back to Canada permanently with my child(tourist visa for the child). I applied for my child's PR on August 2014. First part of the process is complete, that is I am eligible to sponsor my child. They have send the application to Singapore visa office for further process on September. Still ecas showing 'application received' . Do you have any idea how long it will take to complete the whole process? The have already extended my child's visit visa. Can I apply for MSP for my child.
Thanks.

Van Rooster

Jan 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-04-2015
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
Pulak said:
Me and my wife got our PR on 2012 and came to Canada , received our PR card and went back to Bangladesh. There on 2013 our child was born. Now on 2014 we came back to Canada permanently with my child(tourist visa for the child). I applied for my child's PR on August 2014. First part of the process is complete, that is I am eligible to sponsor my child. They have send the application to Singapore visa office for further process on September. Still ecas showing 'application received' . Do you have any idea how long it will take to complete the whole process? The have already extended my child's visit visa. Can I apply for MSP for my child.
Thanks.
Do you have MSP? If you do you should be able to add your child to your MSP. Your child qualifies as a resident because of the processing PR. See here for info, wait time, document list.
http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/pdf/covering-a-spouse-or-child-who-is-an-applicant-for-permanent-resident-status-in-canada.pdf
It should be no more than 3 months to get covered but based on this thread prepare for a run around. Hopefully you have CIC documentation showing your child's PR is 'In Process'

If you have MSP you can apply for an MSP Account change to add your child.
https://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/eligible.html

If your employer covers your MSP, talk to the HR department.

Pulak

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2010
Doc's Request.
With Application
AOR Received.
10-12-2010
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
14-02-2011 (In Process from 24-02-2011)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
15-10-11
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2011
LANDED..........
06-02-2012
thanks Van Rooster,
according to your advice i have applied for MSP. But the e-cas still showing "Application Received".

karen_nd

Feb 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
AOR Received.
02-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-01-2015 except delaying X-ray
kcorbin said:
Ooh! Thanks for clarifying computergeek!
kcorbin, were you success in getting the MSP approval?

And everyone, sorry it might have been discussed earlier but I just want to double confirm - can I apply for the MSP health insurance coverage the same way if mine is an outland application?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Does anyone tried to apply for health care with the "new" pilot work permit? Someone said that it has some note that this does not give you status and therefor it still not good enough for the BC MSP.
Other question is, if I get my work permit and I'm eligible, does the "month of arrival plus two months" waiting period applies to me or does the coverage begin immediately?
Last question, does anyone else contacted the ombudsperson?
Thanks

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
I've been following this thread as I'm also in BC. Ecas recently changed to 'In Process', so from what I understand, this would be enough to get MSP? Am I correct? I'm asking because my husband called HIBC the other day and the woman just sighed and said "you must have a PR card to be enrolled", which I think it's bullshite.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
MissRepresentation said:
I've been following this thread as I'm also in BC. Ecas recently changed to 'In Process', so from what I understand, this would be enough to get MSP? Am I correct? I'm asking because my husband called HIBC the other day and the woman just sighed and said "you must have a PR card to be enrolled", which I think it's bull*censored word*e.
I say it's worth a try, I don't know if the fact that you applied outland makes any difference.

kcorbin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
09-06-2014
Hi!

So I'm currently on outland application (just got In Process) but I'm here in BC with my husband. And yes, I applied for MSP while my application's status was still Application Received and I still got approved! I believe I got my Care Card in the mail after a month.

I basically completed their application package, I included a cover letter quoting what was said in their website about having sent an application to CIC making me eligible for MSP "A spouse or child of an eligible B.C. resident may also be deemed a resident provided that an application for permanent residence status has been accepted for processing by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), and the application remains active", I also included printout copies of any correspondence we received from CIC, our eCas pages, CIC receipt and other documents. I also printed out a screen copy of their website where I got the quote so they know I'm not making things up. Lol

What I remember, the agents at HIBC are not aware that we are eligible for MSP. Which is so unfortunate and frustrating for us. But I didnt have any issue with my application.

Here's the link that I based my application on: http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/DownloadAsset?assetId=3BE8B2E4E1C34424815ABA87A1726944&filename=covering-a-spouse-or-child-who-is-an-applicant-for-permanent-resident-status-in-canada.pdf

Hope this helps!

greenfrog77

Dec 15, 2015
Hi there

Thanks everyone for all your input & information on MSP eligibility for inlanders in BC. I've hit a brick wall with mine today after a very frustrating phonecall with MSP agent :mad:

Short story - our family sponsorship application status is "Application Received'' on CIC website and MSP say they wont give me MSP until it says "Application Processed" - so in 23 months time. Nice. I tried talking to her and quoted her back their own policies (thanks Ponga and others for all the links to all the relevant docs, including the medical and healthcare services regulations - I've read all of them and printed them off).

I'm currently writing a letter to MSP with the same stuff in writing that I said on the phone. Is anyone else in this boat too? I see this thread hasn't been posted on in a while... Any thoughts much appreciated as I'm somewhere between furious, frustrated and very dejected ???

My husband is a Canadian citizen and I'm from the UK.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
greenfrog77 said:
Hi there

Thanks everyone for all your input & information on MSP eligibility for inlanders in BC. I've hit a brick wall with mine today after a very frustrating phonecall with MSP agent :mad:

Short story - our family sponsorship application status is "Application Received'' on CIC website and MSP say they wont give me MSP until it says "Application Processed" - so in 23 months time. Nice. I tried talking to her and quoted her back their own policies (thanks Ponga and others for all the links to all the relevant docs, including the medical and healthcare services regulations - I've read all of them and printed them off).

I'm currently writing a letter to MSP with the same stuff in writing that I said on the phone. Is anyone else in this boat too? I see this thread hasn't been posted on in a while... Any thoughts much appreciated as I'm somewhere between furious, frustrated and very dejected ???

Sorry I can't help with any information, but I can commiserate with you on how terrible the MSP agents are. When I called there a few times now, they all sound like robots. It's like they've trained any emotion out of their voices. :-X

But, are you sure you want to go through inland if your spouse is from the UK? UK outland apps are taking less than a year.

DustinBrett

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
greenfrog77 said:
Hi there

That's terrible. The people at MSP sound like complete idiots. I am in a similar situation but still haven't received my AOR from CIC so I can't even talk to MSP yet. It sounds like I am going to have a hell of a fight when the time comes. It's so clear from the documents online that we should be allowed to apply. I wish there was more than could be done. I intend to try and talk to a supervisor as soon as the people at MSP start giving me incorrect information. My wife is 5 weeks pregnant so it's unfortunate also that she can't get coverage, likely for her entire pregnancy. We are currently waiting to hear from BC Women's as they MIGHT be able to cover all my wife's medical needs during her pregnancy. Hopefully that will work out or I am going to be paying for everything out-of-pocket.

greenfrog77

Dec 15, 2015
Aquakitty said:
Sorry I can't help with any information, but I can commiserate with you on how terrible the MSP agents are. When I called there a few times now, they all sound like robots. It's like they've trained any emotion out of their voices. :-X

But, are you sure you want to go through inland if your spouse is from the UK? UK outland apps are taking less than a year.
Hi. Thanks, yes it's nightmare. I really need some medical input right now too, which doesn't help ...
Inland is definitely the best option for us. I'm from the UK and my spouse is Canadian. His assessment to sponsor me will take 64 days, but the London office outland wait time is currently 28 months. At least our inland application is somewhere along the way of getting done - albeit 23 months or something ridiculous away...

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
greenfrog77 said:
Hi. Thanks, yes it's nightmare. I really need some medical input right now too, which doesn't help ...
Inland is definitely the best option for us. I'm from the UK and my spouse is Canadian. His assessment to sponsor me will take 64 days, but the London office outland wait time is currently 28 months. At least our inland application is somewhere along the way of getting done - albeit 23 months or something ridiculous away...
The wait time is not 28 months, the average is actually under a year. The times on the CIC site are 80% times, meaning 79% of applications are processed sooner than this time. The 28 months really only comes into play if you need an interview. It's the Islamabad applications that mess up the time.

Even if you withdraw now and apply outland you'll still get pr sooner than inland.