+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bangladeshi Applicants for Sponsoring Spouse Only

chercher_info

May 17, 2015
hi
is it possible to apply for TRV if u already applied for spouse sponsorship? my husband send my papers 3 months ago.i am bangladeshi. any body know about this...

tanvirmk

Star Member
Jan 30, 2005
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 June
AOR Received.
24 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
27 Aug
Med's Done....
April 2015
Have we found the main reason being selected for interviews? I am almost done with filling out the forms and double-checking.
Contributors to this forum, did you write a big story on how the relationship developed on form 5490?

May 15, 2015
tanvirmk said:
Have we found the main reason being selected for interviews? I am almost done with filling out the forms and double-checking.
Contributors to this forum, did you write a big story on how the relationship developed on form 5490?
Yes, my husband and I did. Why?

tanvirmk

Star Member
Jan 30, 2005
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 June
AOR Received.
24 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
27 Aug
Med's Done....
April 2015
If we know typical reasons for interviews, we can be cautious when filling out the forms.

May 15, 2015
tanvirmk said:
If we know typical reasons for interviews, we can be cautious when filling out the forms.
They call for interviews b/c they're questioning the validity of the marriage. They have certain red flags they look for, like
1. Age difference,
2. If it's first or second marriage,
3. Time line in which you met and development of relationship
4. Education backgrounds
5. Social backgrounds
6. Religion
And that's only to name a few I know of. My husband and I unfortunately 2 of the previous in those categories we know they would consider justification for an interview. :( But we were very honest. Honesty is the key b/c if you lie on paper they can catch you in the interview so be wary of what you consider putting on the forms and/or leaving off the forms.

Good Luck.

tanvirmk

Star Member
Jan 30, 2005
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 June
AOR Received.
24 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
27 Aug
Med's Done....
April 2015
vivalawoosaw88 said:
They call for interviews b/c they're questioning the validity of the marriage. They have certain red flags they look for, like
1. Age difference,
2. If it's first or second marriage,
3. Time line in which you met and development of relationship
4. Education backgrounds
5. Social backgrounds
6. Religion
And that's only to name a few I know of. My husband and I unfortunately 2 of the previous in those categories we know they would consider justification for an interview. :( But we were very honest. Honesty is the key b/c if you lie on paper they can catch you in the interview so be wary of what you consider putting on the forms and/or leaving off the forms.

Good Luck.
Thanks for your informative reply.

#3 is a negative factor for me as it was arranged and we never dated. Relationship development before marriage almost non-existent.

Again thanks for your quick reply. Much appreciated ;D

May 15, 2015
tanvirmk said:
Thanks for your informative reply.

#3 is a negative factor for me as it was arranged and we never dated. Relationship development before marriage almost non-existent.

Again thanks for your quick reply. Much appreciated ;D

Don't worry they account for arranged marriages with questions on the form, you should be ok.

May 15, 2015
Can somebody please help me?

I'm living in Manitoba, Canada. My husband is currently situated in Dhaka, Bangladesh. We have applied for sponsorship to Canada as of Jan 2014 and he received an email as of Apr 2015 for an interview. I understand the reasons they called for an interview. My question is, in the email it states the wait time is currently up to 24mths for interview. When we applied, the processing time stated 28mths to process. Now it's up to 30mths. (not sure if that was including time for circumstances that called for interviews)

1. How likely will it take the full 24mths for his interview?

2. What is the shortest time I can anticipate his interview to happen?

3. Where do they presently do interviews for Bangladeshi's, in Dhaka or Singapore?

4. What time of year do they typically do the interviews? All year round? Or just specific months?

5. When do they count the 24mths from? From application date or from date they sent the email letting him know he's on an interview list?

Any information would be helpful. With sources of where I can find this info would be appreciated as well.

RKBM

May 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2013
AOR Received.
7-10-2013
File Transfer...
11-11-2013
Hello Vivalawossaw88,
Sorry to hear your situation. I am also in the interview list from bangladesh. I don't know all of the answers but I know few

1. Yes it will be most likely around 24 months unless they boost up .
2.No one can say but I am waiting for 14 months and nothing so far.
3.Bangladesh
4. no idea
5. They count it since the day you received your interview notification.

This reply probably will saddened you but this is the reality.
The only light of hope is that the visa officer changes mind waive the interview.

May 15, 2015
RKBM said:
Hello Vivalawossaw88,
Sorry to hear your situation. I am also in the interview list from bangladesh. I don't know all of the answers but I know few

1. Yes it will be most likely around 24 months unless they boost up .
2.No one can say but I am waiting for 14 months and nothing so far.
3.Bangladesh
4. no idea
5. They count it since the day you received your interview notification.

This reply probably will saddened you but this is the reality.
The only light of hope is that the visa officer changes mind waive the interview.
Thank You RKBM, it's better to know the reality and prepare for it than to cling to hope and be disappointed. At least this way my husband and I will be able to make plans around this.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
chercher_info said:
hi
is it possible to apply for TRV if u already applied for spouse sponsorship? my husband send my papers 3 months ago.i am bangladeshi. any body know about this...
You can apply for TRV with strong proofs that you would return to your country. Chances of receiving TRV pending spousal sponsorship is very less though.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
vivalawoosaw88 said:
Thank You RKBM, it's better to know the reality and prepare for it than to cling to hope and be disappointed. At least this way my husband and I will be able to make plans around this.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-interview-questionaires-experience-preparations-t220698.0.html;msg4394798#msg4394798

The above link may be interesting to read on "Interview".

zee7447

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-10-2016
Anyone knows how long is the interview wait period time in Dhaka Bangladesh?

I filed on March 1st in Toronto 2015

Received approval April 30th 2015

File transferred to Singapore office on May 18th 2015

Wife Received a letter in Bangladesh stating she needs an Interview on June 10th 2015

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
zee7447 said:
Anyone knows how long is the interview wait period time in Dhaka Bangladesh?

I filed on March 1st in Toronto 2015

Received approval April 30th 2015

File transferred to Singapore office on May 18th 2015

Wife Received a letter in Bangladesh stating she needs an Interview on June 10th 2015
Did your wife face interview on June 10th? If so, how was the interview? Interview waiting time for SVO is around 24 months as indicated in CIC letters to many posters.

SAMHR

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
Finally Received my AOR2 on June 9, 2015. They send another email on June 10, 2015 asking for Nikah Nama in Bengali and certified translated copy, though I have submitted certified translated copy with my primary submission. I have submitted a scanned copy of our nikah nama and certified translated copy by email. is the email submission enough? I did not receive any confirmation other then the automated message. how long it takes for them to decide whether I need an interview or not. I thought I have submitted everything that they asked for. apparently it looks like I didn't. if I don't need an interview what would the approximate time for them to ask for passport? I am really worried at this point. any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks