+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bangladeshi Applicants for Sponsoring Spouse Only

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am starting a Bangladeshi Thread for Spousal Applications.

Please join here and help each other out by sharing your experiences. Many can help by providing their valuable experience. Please don't just take but also give. If you saw an answer somewhere in this Forum of a question someone is asking, then you can provide a link.

At this time, it seems our applications are being sent to Singapore - RPC, after you receive your approval of a Sponsor. we all know, it takes too long for the applications to get processed there. So, may be you can provide some information that may be helpfull to someone else. At the same time, we can comfort each other.

PLEASE JOIN

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Form 5406

I am sponsoring my wife. It is an outland application.

My questions are:

1) The 5406 Form needs to be filled out by my wife: right?

2) For section A: APPLICANT is my wife and the Spouse should be me: right?

3) Section A asks to write name also in native language. How do we do that? After typing name in English, also write their name in native language (Bengali)? OR better to use a separate sheet of paper?

4) Who signs Section A?

5) Who Signs Section B? (We don't have any children)

6) Who signs Section C? (only my wife's brother/sister names goes here right?)

7) Who signs Section D?

Of all the Forms, I found this one most difficult to understand.

Sumon

Star Member
Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
09 April 2010
AOR Received.
07 June 2010
File Transfer...
E-status: In process
Med's Request
05 October 2011
Med's Done....
15 October 2011
Passport Req..
05 October 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 January 2012 (DM)
Re: Form 5406

Hello goodman,

I am planning to sponsor my wife.I am collecting all the documents.I am going through the forms and am planning to discuss this matter with you.We even can talk over phone.Are you in Canada now?Thanks.

Regards

Sumon

goodman36 said:
I am sponsoring my wife. It is an outland application.

My questions are:

1) The 5406 Form needs to be filled out by my wife: right?

2) For section A: APPLICANT is my wife and the Spouse should be me: right?

3) Section A asks to write name also in native language. How do we do that? After typing name in English, also write their name in native language (Bengali)? OR better to use a separate sheet of paper?

4) Who signs Section A?

5) Who Signs Section B? (We don't have any children)

6) Who signs Section C? (only my wife's brother/sister names goes here right?)

7) Who signs Section D?

Of all the Forms, I found this one most difficult to understand.

upnob

Feb 25, 2013
Hi goodman,

Your and my timelines are almost the same. My timeline is the following:

Application received by MISS: August 2012
Sponsorship approved: September 2012
CSQ: October 2012.

Status in my ECAS says that the application and the medical report has been received since September. Is it the same for you? What does your's say?
Should the status of my ECAS at some point say that the file has been transferred to Singapore? How does someone know if the file has been transferred to Singapore or not? Any idea?

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
upnob said:
Hi goodman,

Your and my timelines are almost the same. My timeline is the following:

Application received by MISS: August 2012
Sponsorship approved: September 2012
CSQ: October 2012.

Status in my ECAS says that the application and the medical report has been received since September. Is it the same for you? What does your's say?
Should the status of my ECAS at some point say that the file has been transferred to Singapore? How does someone know if the file has been transferred to Singapore or not? Any idea?
If you received a letter or e-mail from Mississauga saying that your were approved as a sponsor and that the file is being transferred to Singapore office, then the file has been transferred. Singapore visa office will not sent you any confirmation. The ECAS does not show the application is with Singapore. It changes only if the file is in Process. But, they are behind in updating ECAS then notifying you of any update over e-mail.

My e-cas shows the same as your's.

By the way, What does CSQ mean?

upnob

Feb 25, 2013
Thanks for your comments.
CSQ stands for Certificat de sélection du Québec -- Québec selection certificate.
Please let me know if you see any change in your ECAS. We are possibly looking at a similar time frame for the processing of our file.

Thanks once again

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
upnob said:
Thanks for your comments.
CSQ stands for Certificat de sélection du Québec -- Québec selection certificate.
Please let me know if you see any change in your ECAS. We are possibly looking at a similar time frame for the processing of our file.

Thanks once again
I got Stage 1 approval (Sponsor) already thru e-mail. Now ECAS shows file received, medical received. Recently we also got a doc request by e-mail.

When did you send your file? Is it in Singapore now? What does your ecas shows now?

upnob

Feb 25, 2013
goodman36 said:
I got Stage 1 approval (Sponsor) already thru e-mail. Now ECAS shows file received, medical received. Recently we also got a doc request by e-mail.

When did you send your file? Is it in Singapore now? What does your ecas shows now?
I also got stage 1 approval (sponsor approval) through email which attached the letter confirming that I am approved as an eligible sponsor. I sent my file on August, 2012 and my file is transferred on October, 2012. Now my ECAS shows application received and medical report received.If they asked for a document, I think that is good sign. It possibly means that, your file is no longer on the waiting queue and being processed. Is it?

Does your ECAS tells you that your file is in process?

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
upnob said:
I also got stage 1 approval (sponsor approval) through email which attached the letter confirming that I am approved as an eligible sponsor. I sent my file on August, 2012 and my file is transferred on October, 2012. Now my ECAS shows application received and medical report received.If they asked for a document, I think that is good sign. It possibly means that, your file is no longer on the waiting queue and being processed. Is it?

Does your ECAS tells you that your file is in process?
No. ECAS shows the same thing as before.

hardtowait

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
August 20, 2012
Med's Request
July 11, 2013
Med's Done....
July 17, 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
December 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 08, 2014
goodman36 said:
Hi goodman36: Would you feel comfortable to tell us - what kind of document did they ask you recently through Email ? Just wanted to get idea about my file whether I should be aware of that kind of document. Thank you in advance.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hardtowait said:
Hi goodman36: Would you feel comfortable to tell us - what kind of document did they ask you recently through Email ? Just wanted to get idea about my file whether I should be aware of that kind of document. Thank you in advance.
When I submitted the application, we didn't include the Birth Certificate of my spouse (the applicant). They asked for it (after the file was transferred to Singapore). The email came from Singapore.

hardtowait

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
August 20, 2012
Med's Request
July 11, 2013
Med's Done....
July 17, 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
December 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 08, 2014
Hi goodman36: Thank you so much.......

zahidnew

Mar 17, 2013
thx for ur nice initiative ! hope it will be valuable for bangladeshi sponsor . we also start to send application for sponsorship very soon. really happy to find such a useful thread.