+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bangladeshi Applicants for Sponsoring Spouse Only

zislam500

Aug 29, 2012
Need help on Medical report

Hi,

I applied to sponsor my wife who is residing in Bangladesh. I received the eligibility letter from Mississauga mentioning that the applicant needs to do an upfront medical (I did not send any medical report with the application). It was mentioned that the letter has to be sent to the applicant who will carry it to the doctor. My wife took it to the doctor (Dr. Wahab's Medical Center) but they just looked at and returned it to my wife saying that they dont need it. They just collected my wife's passport.

My question is if they dont take the letter then how are they going to know the application number? Overall, is it normal?
Also, if someone knows, how are they going to send the report to Singapore; by mail or electronically?

Any reply will highly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Zahid

tanvirmk

Star Member
Jan 30, 2005
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 June
AOR Received.
24 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
27 Aug
Med's Done....
April 2015
Hi Zahid,

DMP does NOT require any letter to do the med. When they input the passport details of an applicant, system creates UMI, med form carries that number on top right and all meds are tracked based on that UMI.

In our case, DMP didn't say how they are going to send the report to Singapore. How does that matter to us anyways?

Hope it helps.

zislam500

Aug 29, 2012
Hi Tanvir,

Thank you very much for your reply. I do appreciate that very much.

Only thing that is confusing to me is in the medical form they did not mention the application number (Fxxxxx) or my UCI number; they mentioned only UMI as you said. Without application number or UCI number how are they going to relate the medical report (using UMI) to the application that has already been submitted and partly processed? Are they going to use passport number? I do not need to know all these but just wanted to be sure that we are doing the thing right.

If they are using electronic transfer then that will be faster than the mail (probably does not matter much).

Thanks again.

Zahid

tanvirmk

Star Member
Jan 30, 2005
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 June
AOR Received.
24 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
27 Aug
Med's Done....
April 2015
Here is your fun reading material for this weekend ;D This handbook explains everything:

Panel Members’ Handbook 2013

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/index.asp#chap3.4.10

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
Re: Need help on Medical report

zislam500 said:
Hi,

I applied to sponsor my wife who is residing in Bangladesh. I received the eligibility letter from Mississauga mentioning that the applicant needs to do an upfront medical (I did not send any medical report with the application). It was mentioned that the letter has to be sent to the applicant who will carry it to the doctor. My wife took it to the doctor (Dr. Wahab's Medical Center) but they just looked at and returned it to my wife saying that they dont need it. They just collected my wife's passport.

My question is if they dont take the letter then how are they going to know the application number? Overall, is it normal?
Also, if someone knows, how are they going to send the report to Singapore; by mail or electronically?

Any reply will highly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Zahid
Zahid

Doctor gave a receipt to your wife.

You please send a copy of that receipt attaching your letter (you received from cic missisauga) to Missisauga CIC.

Shaw

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Need help on Medical report

Shaw said:
Zahid

Doctor gave a receipt to your wife.

You please send a copy of that receipt attaching your letter (you received from cic missisauga) to Missisauga CIC.

Shaw
Agreed.

I am not sure why you didn't do a up front medical when it is a requirement to do so. I don't think you actually save any time by deferring it and Mississauga office most likely will not send the file to Singapore Office till they get the medical report completion receipt. As Shaw said, the Doctors office should have given a receipt which has details of the applicant - send that to Mississauga office along with a copy of the letter you received.

zislam500

Aug 29, 2012
Tanvir, Shaw, and Goodman; thank you very much for your replies.

I made the mistake of not sending the upfront medical report with the application. I did not know it, neither did I see it anywhere (application forms, document checklist etc.).

Anyway, the letter from Mississauga said that they transferred the application to Singapore noting the deficiency of the medical report and suggested to send the report directly to the Singapore office.

Thanks again.

Zahid

nimu

May 13, 2015
Can I sponsor my husband living in Bangladesh and leave Canada after sending all the forms and documents? If yes, how long can I stay outside Canada? Can I stay in Bangladesh till my husband's file gets approved and return together?

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June, 2015
nimu said:
Can I sponsor my husband living in Bangladesh and leave Canada after sending all the forms and documents? If yes, how long can I stay outside Canada? Can I stay in Bangladesh till my husband's file gets approved and return together?
Yes, no problem.

But remember, you can not go to welfare other than disability. It will destroy your husband's immigration application.

tanvirmk

Star Member
Jan 30, 2005
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 June
AOR Received.
24 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
27 Aug
Med's Done....
April 2015
I would be physically present in Canada until sponsorship application gets approved and PR file is sent to Singapore office. They may contact sponsor anytime during the sponsorship approval.

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June, 2015
tanvirmk said:
I would be physically present in Canada until sponsorship application gets approved and PR file is sent to Singapore office. They may contact sponsor anytime during the sponsorship approval.
CIC missisauga does not contact by phone, they either contact by mail or email.

nimu

May 13, 2015
But if they may contact by mail, is it necessary to be physically present in Canada after sponsorship till it gets approved? If I am filling the outside Canada Form.

May 15, 2015
How likely will it take full 24mths for interview?

I'm living in Manitoba, Canada. My husband is currently situated in Dhaka, Bangladesh. We have applied for sponsorship to Canada as of Jan 2014 and he received an email as of Apr 2015 for an interview. I understand the reasons they called for an interview. My question is, in the email it states the wait time is currently up to 24mths for interview. When we applied, the processing time stated 28mths to process. Now it's up to 30mths. (not sure if that was including time for circumstances that called for interviews)

1. How likely will it take the full 24mths for his interview?

2. What is the shortest time I can anticipate his interview to happen?

3. Where do they presently do interviews for Bangladeshi's, in Dhaka or Singapore?

4. What time of year do they typically do the interviews? All year round? Or just specific months?

5. When do they count the 24mths from? From application date or from date they sent the email letting him know he's on an interview list?

Any information would be helpful. With sources of where I can find this info would be appreciated as well.