+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

backround declaration

angelyohann

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
hi!!!
i have a question about the eimm5669 backround declaration..

the question is have you, or if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in canada ever: been convicted of a crime etc etc...

should i declare about my father because he is in the prison right now here in the phil..even if he is not listed in the application for permanent residence?

this is the spousal application w/o child..

do you think guys it will affect about my background check? cause im also confused with that..

thank you so much for your hel!!

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
It says "listed on your application" and he is listed as your father so I believe so. But no it won't effect your application. A senior member can confirm.

Reactions: angelyohann

paint.thinner

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014
Nomination.....
November 2014
AOR Received.
January 2015
Med's Request
November 2015
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
December 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 2015
@angelyohann assuming you are the principal applicant who is a citizen of and currently living in The Philippines while your spouse is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (and residing in Canada) and you guys do not have any children... ... ... I don't think you should answer "Yes" on this question.

The question says:
4 - Have you, or, if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada ever:
b) been convicted of, or are you currently charged with, on trial for, or party to a crime or offence, or subject of any criminal proceedings in any country?

Based on the Complete Guide, 'family member' refers to "an applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children." So, from your point of view, your father is not your family member. Only your spouse/partner and/or children, etc are family members for you.

On top of that, the question mentions "... ... ...listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada... ... ...". I am guessing your Canadian citizen/permanent resident spouse is just sponsoring you, and your father is not part of the application.

If I were in your shoes, I would have simply answered "No" to that question and I would have moved on. However, I would suggest you to attach a separate sheet and briefly provide some information about your father. Just mention that he is in prison right now and briefly mention the reason and write that "Further details about my father may be provided if requested."

Reactions: angelyohann

kemeshia

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hi!!!
i have a question about the eimm5669 backround declaration..

the question is have you, or if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in canada ever: been convicted of a crime etc etc...

should i declare about my father because he is in the prison right now here in the phil..even if he is not listed in the application for permanent residence?

this is the spousal application w/o child..

do you think guys it will affect about my background check? cause im also confused with that..

thank you so much for your hel!!
The answer is no. Its referring to you and your spouse and your children if any on the application.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
@canuck_in_uk
@Wakki
Can you help please.
It's no. "Listed in the application," refers to people being sponsored. Meaning the principal applicant and any dependents or anything like that.

It does not refer to family members just generally declared in the additional family members form.

angelyohann

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
@angelyohann assuming you are the principal applicant who is a citizen of and currently living in The Philippines while your spouse is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (and residing in Canada) and you guys do not have any children... ... ... I don't think you should answer "Yes" on this question.

The question says:
4 - Have you, or, if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada ever:
b) been convicted of, or are you currently charged with, on trial for, or party to a crime or offence, or subject of any criminal proceedings in any country?

Based on the Complete Guide, 'family member' refers to "an applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children." So, from your point of view, your father is not your family member. Only your spouse/partner and/or children, etc are family members for you.

On top of that, the question mentions "... ... ...listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada... ... ...". I am guessing your Canadian citizen/permanent resident spouse is just sponsoring you, and your father is not part of the application.

If I were in your shoes, I would have simply answered "No" to that question and I would have moved on. However, I would suggest you to attach a separate sheet and briefly provide some information about your father. Just mention that he is in prison right now and briefly mention the reason and write that "Further details about my father may be provided if requested."
thank you so much!

Reactions: paint.thinner