+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Verification time! How long?

Mr.Mark.O

Jan 2, 2024
How old is your daughter? Processing for your permit is 13 weeks so well within processing times. So if you don’t get a response mid-February then follow up.
She’s 2 yrs. old. I see, thought that the timeframe for my work permit will expedite since the Student application of my wife has already been approve. Looks like we may need to wait for a lil bit more time.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She’s 2 yrs. old. I see, thought that the timeframe for my work permit will expedite since the Student application of my wife has already been approve. Looks like we may need to wait for a lil bit more time.
There is no such thing as expedited approval. Permits have different processing times.

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023
Hello guys,

What is the longest waiting case have you come across here since eligiblity completed and your case has been put into background verification.
Can it even take a year to hear a response or even more than that? I enquired from Vienna consulate they said they have no fixed time frame. To be honest , it is a vague answer coming from a higher authority.
I filed my case from germany.
Hello my friend, have you heard from IRCC yet?

parfar

Jan 1, 2024
Hello guys,
I have submitted an application for visitor visa on first June. After 4 months, when there was no news about my application status, I sent a web form to the IRCC and they said that your application has been received and is currently under review, if additional information is needed or if there is any news, we will inform you.

Again, there was silence and the status of my application did not change. Two months after the web form, I applied for officer's note (through someone in Canada), and I have received an email said: "her file was under review and required additional verifications that were out of their scope."
Also, a file is attached to this email includes of the officer's notes and other information about my application. but I can't understand all of them myself, and I have some doubts.
Is there anyone who can help me understand the officer's note?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello guys,
I have submitted an application for visitor visa on first June. After 4 months, when there was no news about my application status, I sent a web form to the IRCC and they said that your application has been received and is currently under review, if additional information is needed or if there is any news, we will inform you.

Again, there was silence and the status of my application did not change. Two months after the web form, I applied for officer's note (through someone in Canada), and I have received the an email said: "her file was under review and required additional verifications that were out of their scope."
Also, a file is attached to this email includes of the officer's notes and other information about my application. but I can't understand all of them myself, and I have some doubts.
You never say where you applied from. Post the notes or hire an immigration consultant to review them.

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
Hello guys,

Again, there was silence and the status of my application did not change. Two months after the web form, I applied for officer's note (through someone in Canada), and I have received the an email said: "her file was under review and required additional verifications that were out of their scope."

Could you please share your notes so we will guide you further.

parfar

Jan 1, 2024
You never say where you applied from. Post the notes or hire an immigration consultant to review them.
Hello and Thanks for your attention.
I am Iranian and applied visa application through the new portal.
my fingerprints and photo (bio metrics) are still valid.
How can I post the officer's note file?
I am eagerly awaiting your guidance.Thank you for your time and consideration.

msa90

Jan 26, 2024
I thought it was possible to file a complaint if the processing time exceeded the estimated time on their website. However, I was not aware that 5 months must pass before filing a complaint.