+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Declaration - Personal History Help

deep_s

Jul 3, 2013
Hello guys,

I am filling my personal history in background declaration form. I have a doubt which hopefully someone can clarify.

I studied in Canada for an year from 2011 -2012 and for that I got study permit for 1 year and 3 months. I was also eligible for post grad work permit. After graduating in April 2012 I looked for job until end of my study permit and then got my work permit by going to the border. Now how should I show that gap of 2 months ?? Should I just write "were looking for work" under activity with status in canada as "study permit" ?? or just add that period as a study because I was already graduated in April and were looking for job for rest of the 2 months..

Any help would be appreciated..

Thank you in advance.

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
I would put 'unemployed'.

deep_s

Jul 3, 2013
Thank you for the reply.. So should I put "unemployed" under activity and "study permit" under Status in country ??

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
Hey, thought you already had wp from May, just noted from your initial post that you have wp since June. If so, I agree with what you intended to fill in as looking for job or like.

DK123

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Hi Deep_s

One question - you mentioned you got PGWP at border? How did you get that? Do we have option to get WP at border? which border? did you fill the application forms?
My brother is about to finish his program and this would be of great help!

Thanks much in advance!

medabor

Star Member
Jan 1, 2014
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deep_s said:
Hello guys,

I am filling my personal history in background declaration form. I have a doubt which hopefully someone can clarify.

I studied in Canada for an year from 2011 -2012 and for that I got study permit for 1 year and 3 months. I was also eligible for post grad work permit. After graduating in April 2012 I looked for job until end of my study permit and then got my work permit by going to the border. Now how should I show that gap of 2 months ?? Should I just write "were looking for work" under activity with status in canada as "study permit" ?? or just add that period as a study because I was already graduated in April and were looking for job for rest of the 2 months..

Any help would be appreciated..

Thank you in advance.

I think the best u can do is put " unemployed " and attach a sheet explaining that you were waiting for a work permit while you were still under the study permit....