+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Checks -EXPLAINED >>>

P

paris_33

Arjoolak said:
Well this post will get so famous then. ;D ;D
They did the csis check a bit late, it has started after second medical.
But something came up because of military and army duty, which was mandatory.
After the security interview , couple weeks,,, they asked for new pcc and new medical.
So far no news yet. Done the medical last month... Not sure how it is going...
Cheers
I have full confidence that, this time, you will hear good news.

Military and Army background verification checks take time. It is only a matter of time when you will get your visa.

This post is famous indeed. I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for Mr. Qorax. God bless him.

Send them an email about 5-6 months after your medical results have reached the visa office.

Good luck !! God bless you.

Androse

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
paris_33 said:
Dear Androse,

Yes, but remember it depends on the workload of the medical office.

If an applicant gets a medical furtherance request, it simply means the medical file was evaluated at that time. Also, it does NOT mean that an applicant is ineligible on medical grounds, it simply means more examinations to determine to exact nature of the medical condition being investigated.

The queue for the evaluation of medical files is the longest. It takes time to evaluate medical files. And at least two medical officers must agree to the final medical decision or a medical furtherance requirement action.

Be optimistic always. Good luck.

God Bless You.
Thank you paris_33. +1 for you.
God Bless You too. Thanks again for sharing.
Androse

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
paris_33 said:
Thanks for the response. Criticism is normal.

I measure my words very carefully. I know what I have written.

Please note that there is a clear distinction between Background Checks and Security Checks. I have never used and meant these two terms in the same sense, intertwined ( unless if I have committed a mistake when writing quickly as I respond to lots of threads and emails on a daily basis ).

Background Checks always happen before the medical request. Security Checks happen after a positive evaluation of medical results.

Medicals must be cleared before the security checks start on an application.
Background checks always happen before the medical examination.

I do not blame you though. Many people use these terms in the same sense.

I would highly appreciate if you can show me any thread which I have written where it says ( Medicals must be cleared before BC starts ) instead of ( Medicals must be cleared before security checks or SC starts ).

Please read my threads and watch how I have used these words in phrasing my sentences.

Cheers !! God bless you. :)
Thanks for clarification. So which step involve CISI? Which step takes longer? What do they do for BC or Security Checks?

P

paris_33

TRUONGAN said:
Thanks for clarification. So which step involve CISI? Which step takes longer? What do they do for BC or Security Checks?

You are welcome.

1 / CSIS is post-medical security checks.

2 / Different stages have different processing times for different applicants. For example, some VOs take more time than others to process medical results, depends on the influx of medical files at the VO. Other VOs take more time to complete security checks. Some VOs are responsible for more countries as compared to other VOs. In few countries, doing background and security checks are a nightmare for VOs and thus affects processing times considerably.

3 / Security Checks - whether you were/are/are likely to be a security threat to Canada. The CSIS defines security threat as espionage, terrorism and subversion but also may involve other factors. What others and How do they do it ? No one knows for sure, no one. Not even the VO.

Background Checks - it is the stage where the VO verify applicant details, birth and parentage, education, work experience, nomination letters, authenticity of documents submitted with the visa application, family history, marriage and divorce issues, child custody issues e.t.c. everything that is in the application to determine whether the applicant is eligible for a PR visa - the statutory adjudication stage.

The processing of your application seems to be going really fast. You are fortunate, I must say.

Buffalo seems to be quite alive. Hopefully you will get your PPR within the next 2-3 months. Also, the fact that you are a Provincial Nominee contributed to your application being processed considerably faster than other applicants as Provincial Nominee applications are processed on a priority basis at a faster pace than other applications.....

Good luck. God bless you.

Cheers !!!

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
paris_33 said:
You are welcome.

1 / CSIS is post-medical security checks.

2 / Different stages have different processing times for different applicants. For example, some VOs take more time than others to process medical results, depends on the influx of medical files at the VO. Other VOs take more time to complete security checks. Some VOs are responsible for more countries as compared to other VOs. In few countries, doing background and security checks are a nightmare for VOs and thus affects processing times considerably.

3 / Security Checks - whether you were/are/are likely to be a security threat to Canada. The CSIS defines security threat as espionage, terrorism and subversion but also may involve other factors. What others and How do they do it ? No one knows for sure, no one. Not even the VO.

Background Checks - it is the stage where the VO verify applicant details, birth and parentage, education, work experience, nomination letters, authenticity of documents submitted with the visa application, family history, marriage and divorce issues, child custody issues e.t.c. everything that is in the application to determine whether the applicant is eligible for a PR visa - the statutory adjudication stage.

The processing of your application seems to be going really fast. You are fortunate, I must say.

Buffalo seems to be quite alive. Hopefully you will get your PPR within the next 2-3 months. Also, the fact that you are a Provincial Nominee contributed to your application being processed considerably faster than other applicants as Provincial Nominee applications are processed on a priority basis at a faster pace than other applications.....

Good luck. God bless you.

Cheers !!!
Thank you a lot for your detailed reply.

I have never lived in any country other than Canada since I turn 18. I came to Canada when I was 17 and has been lawfully a temporary resident of Canada since then.

In that case, do you think my application will require CSIS security checks? I think CSIS only screen cases concerning security issues or those who have lived in many different countries. Is that correct?

Do you think my "simple" background is a factor that has made my application moving quickly?

Thanks again for your input.

mod.66

Sep 9, 2011
Dear Paris_33,

Thank you very much for your help and explanation to all the member of the thread. I have a question for you, after I finished my medical and appeared at Ecas medicals have been received, I received email requesting updated schedule 1 which is for background declaration. My visa office is London and I'm post June applicant. could you please help to explain although all the opinions that background check all done before medicals. Thank you .

sunshine11

Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
March 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Jan 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2014
Interview........
god knows
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi paris_33
First thankkkkksss a lot for ur help... ur answer gave me some light.....u r star * :)...May God blesssssss you.....

P

paris_33

TRUONGAN said:
Thank you a lot for your detailed reply.

I have never lived in any country other than Canada since I turn 18. I came to Canada when I was 17 and has been lawfully a temporary resident of Canada since then.

In that case, do you think my application will require CSIS security checks? I think CSIS only screen cases concerning security issues or those who have lived in many different countries. Is that correct?

Do you think my "simple" background is a factor that has made my application moving quickly?

Thanks again for your input.
ALL applicants undergo CSIS security checks, without any exception, including applicants in Canada.

Yes, CSIS screening is security-related only, it takes more time to screen applicants for applicants who have lived in different countries.

About your Application :-
When it comes to receiving AOR, the answer is NO. Because AORs are issued in the order applications are received at the visa office. Background simplicity is not a factor here as the visa officer only checks the completeness of a visa application. The officer does not start reading/evaluating applications.

After receiving AOR, and

Pre-Meds : YES, your simple background did contribute to the faster processing of your application. This is the reason why you have received your medical requests within days of receiving your AOR. Many Buffalo VO applicants, including Provincial Nominee applicants receive medical requests after about 6-8 months from the date they received their AORs.

Meds Evaluation : NO, because the medicals are evaluated in the order they are placed in the queue. Background simplicity is not a factor here.

Post-Meds : YES again, because your simple background and the fact that since turning 18 you have not lived in any country other than Canada makes the CSIS security screening a hell-lot easier for CSIS officers, resulting in a faster security clearance. They have less work to do and obviously, without any question, that would positively affect your application's overall processing time.

PARIS

P

paris_33

sunshine11 said:
Hi paris_33
First thankkkkksss a lot for ur help... ur answer gave me some light.....u r star * :)...May God blesssssss you.....
You are welcome.

Although we are not visa officers here in this forum, we try to explain on the basis of what we have witnessed and observed, giving a realistic picture of the visa application process.

May we all get our visas soon.

PARIS

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
paris_33 said:
You are welcome.

Although we are not visa officers here in this forum, we try to explain on the basis of what we have witnessed and observed, giving a realistic picture of the visa application process.

May we all get our visas soon.

PARIS
I doubt you are a (retired/anonymous) visa officer monitoring us in the forum. You know all the VO secrets.

Just kidding, I really appreciate your helps. God bless you.

Oh by the way, there is a member here named Rossei. He got PPR only 14 days after Medical received. He is PNP applicant with accompanying wife and children. He submitted his application in January, got MR July 25 for himself and family, Ottawa Regional Medical Office received Medical results August 22 and he got PPR Sep 8. Your thoughts, PARIS?

Another friends of mine in CEC category just got her PPR one week after Medical received.

Both cases mentioned above are in-Canada applicants filing to Buffalo VO. That leads me to believe CSIS is really responsive to those with background simplicity and already in Canada. CSIS can return to CIC within a few days?

P

paris_33

mod.66 said:
Dear Paris_33,

Thank you very much for your help and explanation to all the member of the thread. I have a question for you, after I finished my medical and appeared at Ecas medicals have been received, I received email requesting updated schedule 1 which is for background declaration. My visa office is London and I'm post June applicant. could you please help to explain although all the opinions that background check all done before medicals. Thank you .
Your E-cas says MEDICAL RESULTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED. It usually means that you have passed your medical examination.

Background checks are done pre-meds. If they have requested updated Schedule 1, no need to worry. Many VOs do that. It helps them to transmit some information from the updated form to responsible agencies, say CSIS, to conduct security checks in an efficient manner. It helps them to get a speedy security clearance. Background Checks and Security Checks are different in the procedural way, but inter-related to one another, in many different ways.

What happens in the security screening process ? No one knows that. Except CSIS. They will not tell you, they will also not inform the VO of their operational procedures. The VO only gets the results - in YES or NO.

What I do know is that CSIS does not fail applicants for immigration purposes unless there is a serious reason to do so. More than 99 percent of applicants pass this stage without any hassles.

NO ONE CAN ANSWER WHAT IS DONE IN SECURITY CHECKS THAT ARE CONDUCTED BY CSIS. CSIS CHECKS ARE INTELLIGENCE RELATED AND CLASSIFIED.

Act on their request. Do NOT worry unless the VO gives you a reason to do so.

A little while to go, and you will probably on your way to getting a maple leaf label in your passport.

Cheers !!!

PARIS

P

paris_33

TRUONGAN said:
I doubt you are a (retired/anonymous) visa officer monitoring us in the forum. You know all the VO secrets.

Just kidding, I really appreciate your helps. God bless you.

Oh by the way, there is a member here named Rossei. He got PPR only 14 days after Medical received. He is PNP applicant with accompanying wife and children. He submitted his application in January, got MR July 25 for himself and family, Ottawa Regional Medical Office received Medical results August 22 and he got PPR Sep 8. Your thoughts, PARIS?

Another friends of mine in CEC category just got her PPR one week after Medical received.

Both cases mentioned above are in-Canada applicants filing to Buffalo VO. That leads me to believe CSIS is really responsive to those with background simplicity and already in Canada. CSIS can return to CIC within a few days?
Oh yes, do not forget that CSIS and CIC along with CBSA ( Canadian Border Services Agency - it has taken the role of investigating war crimes allegations ) are all Canadian agencies, all headquartered in Canada. It makes sense to me that CSIS screening for in-Canada applicants are faster than out-of-Canada applicants. It can be this fast, great for them !!

I have also read somewhere in this forum that someone called CIC office in Canada and an agent told him that processing standards between in-canada and out-of-canada applicants are different. I can see some truth behind this. CIC may have requested CSIS for security screening earlier in the process so once they receive the final medical decision, all they have to do is to issue the visas.

This is the reason why I believe that you will get your visa earlier than most of us in the forum, although we filed applications at VOs earlier than yours. And most of us are out-of-canada applicants.

Application procedures may change without notice, what we all write here are only observations and interpretations of VO procedures. Anyone can be wrong, including me.

PARIS

A

Arjoolak

paris_33 said:
I have full confidence that, this time, you will hear good news.

Military and Army background verification checks take time. It is only a matter of time when you will get your visa.

This post is famous indeed. I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for Mr. Qorax. God bless him.

Send them an email about 5-6 months after your medical results have reached the visa office.

Good luck !! God bless you.

Thanks for your reply,
:)

Thanks for your reply.
;D

launeq

Sep 17, 2011
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
octobre 2010
AOR Received.
octobre 2010

[/quote]

hello!

I have some questions please:

I remember that when asking for our documents, the federal part doesn't ask for our studies certificates, and POF again. so how do they manage to make a review of these points?
If they are reviewing even our work experiences does it means that they are not trusting the Quebec office who is supposed to have already check all our documents and approve them?
When they are ready to send us medicals or our PPR do they usually ask again for an up to date POF or just in some cases?

Thank you.