+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Checks -EXPLAINED >>>

Prince_Raj

Star Member
Jun 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Now LONDON (Since 30 June 2010)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
COMPLETE APP FILE ON MAY 2009
Doc's Request.
JAN 2010 BY ISB. AND THEN ON FEB 2011 BY LON. In July 2011 Update Forms, Photos requested & sent AND NOW agian in May 2012 updated Forms with Poliice Certificates & RPR Fee is requested /sent
Nomination.....
PNP NOMINATION APRIL 2009
AOR Received.
MAY 2009
IELTS Request
Submiit with appliication
File Transfer...
30 JUNE 2010 TO LONDON
Med's Request
August 2012
Med's Done....
SEPTEMBER 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1, SEPTEMBER 2012, PPR-2 in THE SAME MONTH
VISA ISSUED...
visa issued on october 16th 2012
Dear Quorax,

I received an e-mail in the month of July 2011, from CHC London, asked to provide the following:

1. New application for Permanent Residence for principal applicant
2. New Schedule A background/declaration form for principal applicant and spouse
3. Two recent photographs of all

They have given me 45 days from the date of this letter to send them these documents.

Keeping in view of the information under my signature Can you please give some expert view on the current status of the case ?

Regards.

harshanimrani

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2008
Med's Request
03-03-2011
Med's Done....
23-04-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-OCTOBER-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-OCTOBER-2011
LANDED..........
with gold blessings very soon 2012
I think so i am sure its medicals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in my case also they had asked for first photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best of luck

Regards
Harsha

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear qorax,
as i have won my spousel appeal , after request background decleration fprms, medical request ,
pcc , from, uk, and pakistan, from canada high commission london , its been nearly 6 monthes now,
and i applied my caips, it says something that could,nt understand , like

(1) FILE SENT TO VEF FOR CRIM REVIEW
----------------------------------------B123456789 DDC 3-MAY-2011

(2) ISF created using sch1 ,
file
after PLS RTN FILE TO PXU
---------------------------------- B123456789 PXU 09 - 05-2011 ---------------------------

(3) NAMES TAKEN AS PER IMM8
FILE TO SSD
--------------------------------------- B123456789 IEV 14--MAY-2011------------------------

MY BFD IS 21 SEP 2011,
PLZ ADVISE,THANKS

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
paris_33 said:
Security Checks only happen when you have passed your medical exams.

At this point in time, as Mr. Qorax has said, it is the background check that the visa office is doing on your application i.e. your application is in process.
After your background checks are complete and documents verified and the visa officer decides that you fit the bill for a Canadian PR card, the visa office will send you the medical forms to complete an immigration medical examination. Once you receive medical request, you can be sure 99 percent that your application is approved. IF you pass tme medical exam, then the security checks begin on your application. This is done by CSIS, not by the visa office. It may take anywhere between 3-5 months, sometimes more if necessary. In short, your application is in process, neither approved nor rejected.
Are you conflicting yourself?
Initially you said Medical must be cleared before BC starts.
Then later on you said "After your background checks are complete and documents verified and the visa officer decides that you fit the bill for a Canadian PR card, the visa office will send you the medical forms to complete an immigration medical examination"

You "seem" to be knowledgable but please watch the logic of your words.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Prince_Raj said:
Dear Quorax,

I received an e-mail in the month of July 2011, from CHC London, asked to provide the following:

2. New Schedule A background/declaration form for principal applicant and spouse

They have given me 45 days from the date of this letter to send them these documents.

Keeping in view of the information under my signature Can you please give some expert view on the current status of the case ?

Regards.
6-8 months from the date u send those docs - u should be hearing something.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
love bird 43 said:
dear qorax,
as i have won my spousel appeal , after request background decleration fprms, medical request ,
pcc , from, uk, and pakistan, from canada high commission london , its been nearly 6 monthes now,
and i applied my caips, it says something that could,nt understand , like

(1) FILE SENT TO VEF FOR CRIM REVIEW
----------------------------------------B123456789 DDC 3-MAY-2011

(2) ISF created using sch1 ,
file
after PLS RTN FILE TO PXU
---------------------------------- B123456789 PXU 09 - 05-2011 ---------------------------

(3) NAMES TAKEN AS PER IMM8
FILE TO SSD
--------------------------------------- B123456789 IEV 14--MAY-2011------------------------

MY BFD IS 21 SEP 2011,
PLZ ADVISE,THANKS
Your file had gone thru Criminality Checks; and had been send for Xcheck to a staff initialled SSD on 14/5/2011. Your next review date, by your IO, is 21/9/2011.

Qorax

A

Arjoolak

Sorry, but you are a bit wrong.
CSIS checked me before medical, and I believe I am the only person in the world who has done the medical 3 times, 2009 2010 2011 ...
:))

paris_33 said:
Oh YES, and that is the overclogged section. In most VOs, only one locally recruited employee is assigned to send letters of PPRs, AORs, MRs or any other kind of communication letters from the visa office.

However, most visa offices issue PPRs within 30 days of completion of the final processing stage.

Except New Delhi VO. As this visa office requests passports of applicants along with medicals. So applicants wrongfully assume that all steps have been completed but, in fact, the final and most important step ( security-related ) remains to be completed.

Remember, after your medical results have been evaluated and you are considered medically fit for Canada, your application goes to the final processing stage. The final stage is the CSIS security check. The average time to complete this stage is about 3-6 months, longer if necessary. After this stage is completed, PPR is issued.

New Delhi visa office requests passports along with medicals and before evaluating them. So the passports remain with them for a longer duration compared to other visa offices. They evaluate the medicals and then they start security checks, resulting in a longer time to issue visas after receiving passports from applicants.

Remember, the security checks have to be completed before PPR issuance. No visa office will issue a visa without completing security checks on applicants.

If you have been waiting since April and if your medical results have reached the visa office during that month, then I advise you to wait a month more ( i.e. wait at least 6 months AFTER your medical results have REACHED the visa office ) and if you do not hear anything from the visa office, then send them a case-status inquiry by email.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Arjoolak said:
CSIS checked me before medical, and I believe I am the only person in the world who has done the medical 3 times, 2009 2010 2011 ...
Paris_33 had opined correctly, on the PRV procedures... however, he [or anyone else for that matter, including me] wouldn't/couldn't have guessed your triple medicals situation !

Yes, I for one, haven't heard/observed anyone getting their meds expire twice. Why do u think u had to take them thrice? Though it's so very unfortunate.

Qorax

A

Arjoolak

Well this post will get so famous then. ;D ;D
They did the csis check a bit late, it has started after second medical.
But something came up because of military and army duty, which was mandatory.
After the security interview , couple weeks,,, they asked for new pcc and new medical.
So far no news yet. Done the medical last month... Not sure how it is going...
Cheers

Androse

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
paris_33 said:
Oh YES, and that is the overclogged section. In most VOs, only one locally recruited employee is assigned to send letters of PPRs, AORs, MRs or any other kind of communication letters from the visa office.

However, most visa offices issue PPRs within 30 days of completion of the final processing stage.

Except New Delhi VO. As this visa office requests passports of applicants along with medicals. So applicants wrongfully assume that all steps have been completed but, in fact, the final and most important step ( security-related ) remains to be completed.

Remember, after your medical results have been evaluated and you are considered medically fit for Canada, your application goes to the final processing stage. The final stage is the CSIS security check. The average time to complete this stage is about 3-6 months, longer if necessary. After this stage is completed, PPR is issued.

New Delhi visa office requests passports along with medicals and before evaluating them. So the passports remain with them for a longer duration compared to other visa offices. They evaluate the medicals and then they start security checks, resulting in a longer time to issue visas after receiving passports from applicants.

Remember, the security checks have to be completed before PPR issuance. No visa office will issue a visa without completing security checks on applicants.

If you have been waiting since April and if your medical results have reached the visa office during that month, then I advise you to wait a month more ( i.e. wait at least 6 months AFTER your medical results have REACHED the visa office ) and if you do not hear anything from the visa office, then send them a case-status inquiry by email.
Hi paris_33,
Thank you so much for taking time to explain. Much appreciated.
I am actually worried about medical furtherance. There are members in this forum who were asked for medical furtherance even after 4 months of completing the initial medical test.
Thanks again.
Androse

P

paris_33

Arjoolak said:
This is the first time in my life that I have heard someone taking medical examination more than twice.

Even more so, applicants with criminal convictions who have filed Applications for Serious Rehabilitation simultaneously with their visa applications took their medicals only twice. They have got their decisions within 90 days of taking their second medical examination. Additionally, the visa office did not request them for a full medical examination, they have only requested the blood and urine samples by directing them to go to a specific medical laboratory.

What I have said, is the procedure for most applicants worldwide.

The CSIS checks always starts after the medical. As you have said, it started after your second medical.
Your army and military background may have contributed to the longer processing time, but then again, not to an extent that you had to take the medicals thrice.

But, in the world of law and justice, anything and everything can happen.

No one in the world could have surmised that you have gone through medicals thrice. Again, your case is an exception.

It is really unfortunate that you are in this situation. You have been through a lot. I just wish that you get your visa as soon as possible.
God bless you.

P

paris_33

Prince_Raj said:
Dear Quorax,

Regards.

Act on it immediately. The sooner you send those documents, the better. They are working on your application.

You will hear something from the London VO within the next 6-8 months, depending on the workload of the visa office.

Be happy. Your application is being worked upon.

P

paris_33

Androse said:
Hi paris_33,
Thank you so much for taking time to explain. Much appreciated.
I am actually worried about medical furtherance. There are members in this forum who were asked for medical furtherance even after 4 months of completing the initial medical test.
Thanks again.
Androse
Dear Androse,

Yes, but remember it depends on the workload of the medical office.

If an applicant gets a medical furtherance request, it simply means the medical file was evaluated at that time. Also, it does NOT mean that an applicant is ineligible on medical grounds, it simply means more examinations to determine to exact nature of the medical condition being investigated.

The queue for the evaluation of medical files is the longest. It takes time to evaluate medical files. And at least two medical officers must agree to the final medical decision or a medical furtherance requirement action.

Be optimistic always. Good luck.

God Bless You.

P

paris_33

TRUONGAN said:
Are you conflicting yourself?
Initially you said Medical must be cleared before BC starts.
Then later on you said "After your background checks are complete and documents verified and the visa officer decides that you fit the bill for a Canadian PR card, the visa office will send you the medical forms to complete an immigration medical examination"

You "seem" to be knowledgable but please watch the logic of your words.
Thanks for the response. Criticism is normal.

I measure my words very carefully. I know what I have written.

Please note that there is a clear distinction between Background Checks and Security Checks. I have never used and meant these two terms in the same sense, intertwined ( unless if I have committed a mistake when writing quickly as I respond to lots of threads and emails on a daily basis ).

Background Checks always happen before the medical request. Security Checks happen after a positive evaluation of medical results.

Medicals must be cleared before the security checks start on an application.
Background checks always happen before the medical examination.

I do not blame you though. Many people use these terms in the same sense.

I would highly appreciate if you can show me any thread which I have written where it says ( Medicals must be cleared before BC starts ) instead of ( Medicals must be cleared before security checks or SC starts ).

Please read my threads and watch how I have used these words in phrasing my sentences.

Cheers !! God bless you. :)