+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Checks -EXPLAINED >>>

P

paris_33

nayab1976 said:
Dear Qorax!!

I had submitted my medicals, pp's and rprf on 14th july and dd got encashed on 6th august. Since then there is no updation. Its been more than 2 months. Why are they taking so long to grant the visa?? Moreover, my e-cas is still not updated with "Medical results have been received"...what does it mean?? why they have not updated yet?/ I AM WORRIED..

regards
I have no idea which VO is processing your application.

London / New Delhi visa offices take anywhere between 3-4 months to update e-cas with MEDICAL RESULTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED.

Additionally, please do NOT rely too much on e-cas, this is the advice of CIC offices in Canada and most Immigration defense lawyers. E-cas is not completely accurate with updates, particularly with applications processed outside Canada.

Everyone knows what it means to submit passports, medicals, RPRF. It means you are surely going to get the visa.
Also, remember there is a queue to beat at each and every stage of the application process. Your passport will be stamped in the order it was placed in the visa stamping queue.

Do NOT worry, good news will be coming to you soon. Just relax. Good luck.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qorax,

AFTER RPRF FEE ENCASHING LAST MONTH, I GOT THIS REPLY FROM NDVO LAST FRIDAY (OOPS I FORGOT TO CHECK MY EMAIL THIS WEEKEND!!!):-
Your application is currently awaiting review by a visa officer.

At this point there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the review is complete, the next steps in the processing of this application will be determined and you will be advised accordingly.

Now what does it mean? Is my medical cleared? What all they are reviewing now? What are the possible next steps??? Anyone got the same reply?

Thanks
T

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.
10-03-2009
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2014
LANDED..........
3rd December,2014 INSHA ALLAH
I GOT SAME REPLY ON 30 AUG

i am waiting for MR and VO is london how much time VO takes to review anybudy have some idea

nayab1976

Sep 6, 2011
paris_33 said:
I have no idea which VO is processing your application.

London / New Delhi visa offices take anywhere between 3-4 months to update e-cas with MEDICAL RESULTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED.

Additionally, please do NOT rely too much on e-cas, this is the advice of CIC offices in Canada and most Immigration defense lawyers. E-cas is not completely accurate with updates, particularly with applications processed outside Canada.

Everyone knows what it means to submit passports, medicals, RPRF. It means you are surely going to get the visa.
Also, remember there is a queue to beat at each and every stage of the application process. Your passport will be stamped in the order it was placed in the visa stamping queue.

Do NOT worry, good news will be coming to you soon. Just relax. Good luck.

hey!!

mine is NDVO and i had applied in october 2010 in noc1122... well, thankyou so very much for providing me the information.

regards

P

paris_33

msaleem216 said:
I GOT SAME REPLY ON 30 AUG

i am waiting for MR and VO is london how much time VO takes to review anybudy have some idea
It depends on whether your application is eligible for processing under the new streamlined procedures or under the old rules which, in turn, depends on when your application was filed.

If you have filed under the new streamlined procedures, after the CIO sends you a PER and transfers the file to London VO, it takes anywhere between 2-4 months for the London VO to send you the medical instructions.

London VO is one of the busiest visa offices of Canada and it is responsible for the entire Gulf region and Pakistan where about 40-50 percent of Canada's total immigration applications come from.

It is only a matter of time when you will get your medical instructions if you already got your PER from the CIO.

Hope this information is satisfactory. Good luck.

P

paris_33

nayab1976 said:
hey!!

mine is NDVO and i had applied in october 2010 in noc1122... well, thankyou so very much for providing me the information.

regards
Thanks for the update.

New Delhi always requests passports of applicants along with medical exams.

As soon as your medical exams have been evaluated and you are considered medically fit, the final processing stage begins.
In this stage, the visa officer requests CSIS, national intelligence and spy agency of Canada for a security advice on your background.

It will be completed within the time frame I have indicated above.

London VO requests passports only when they have completed this final 'CSIS security check' stage. New Delhi requests passports with medicals, which means before they initiate the security checks. This is why you are concerned.

Your application is most likely undergoing a security check and as soon as they are completed, the next moment you will get your passports stamped with visas.

London VO returns passports with visas within 1-2 weeks of requesting them as they request passports only after completing the final security check.

I hope you got it. New Delhi visa office is the only visa office that requires applicants to submit passports in order to conduct security checks.

Either way, you will get your visa. It is only a matter of time.

Good luck. Good news will come to you soon.

P

paris_33

tiarachel85 said:
Dear Qorax,

AFTER RPRF FEE ENCASHING LAST MONTH, I GOT THIS REPLY FROM NDVO LAST FRIDAY (OOPS I FORGOT TO CHECK MY EMAIL THIS WEEKEND!!!):-

At this point there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the review is complete, the next steps in the processing of this application will be determined and you will be advised accordingly.

Now what does it mean? Is my medical cleared? What all they are reviewing now? What are the possible next steps??? Anyone got the same reply?

Thanks
T
New Delhi visa office always requests passports of applicants along with medical exams.

As soon as your medical exams have been evaluated and you are considered medically fit, the final processing stage begins.
In this stage, the visa officer requests CSIS, national intelligence and spy agency of Canada for a security advice on your background.

It will be completed within 3-4 months, more if required. It will take as much time as it requires since it is not done by the visa officer.

London VO requests passports only when they have completed this final 'CSIS security check' stage. New Delhi requests passports with medicals, which means before they initiate the security checks. This is why you are concerned.

Your application is within the established processing standards of New Delhi visa office and most likely undergoing security checks and as soon as they are completed, the next moment you will get your passports stamped with visas.

Almost all other visa offices return passports with visas within 1-2 weeks of requesting them as they request passports only after completing the final security check.

I hope you got it. New Delhi visa office is the only visa office that requires applicants to submit passports in order to conduct security checks.

If there was any problem with your medical results, the visa office would have contacted you. Since you did not get any communication from the visa office with regards to your medical exam, you can be almost 100 percent sure that you are medically fit for immigration.

The response you got from the visa office is a very standard response which is being sent to lots of applicants. It simply means your application will again go to a visa officer after CSIS sends their security report. The visa officer looks at the report and issues the visa. For them, this is also a case review. So, do not worry, and please stop sending them status emails.

Remember, this is the final stage of your application. It is called the CSIS security check. The visa officer does not have any idea about their operations. He/she only gets the results in the form of YES or NO. The visa officer also does NOT have any authority to speed up the security screening process.

Either way, you will get your visa. It is only a matter of time. Most applicants in India usually get their passports WITHIN 90 days.

clearcool

Aug 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
Sept 8, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Oct 7, 2011
mandiebraxton said:
Once your file is transferred to VO, VO will contact you for the PCC/other docs...Stay put and good luck...Mandie
Thanks Mandie for your reply. Appreciate it.

ickodothy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2010
AOR Received.
February 8, 2011
IELTS Request
February 8, 2011
File Transfer...
April 29, 2011
Med's Request
August 29, 2011
Med's Done....
September 21, 2011
Interview........
August 22, 2011
Passport Req..
February 6, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 23, 2012
LANDED..........
Tentatively on May 2012. See Ya'll! ;)
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
Dear Quorax,

Is this the same process that the CHC-MANILA follows?

P

paris_33

ickodothy said:
Dear Quorax,

Is this the same process that the CHC-MANILA follows?
This is a process followed by ALL Canadian visa offices worldwide.

Androse

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
paris_33 said:
Hi paris_33,
Is there a queue to beat for the request of PPR? I have been waiting since April.

Androse

P

paris_33

Androse said:
Hi paris_33,
Is there a queue to beat for the request of PPR? I have been waiting since April.

Androse
Oh YES, and that is the overclogged section. In most VOs, only one locally recruited employee is assigned to send letters of PPRs, AORs, MRs or any other kind of communication letters from the visa office.

However, most visa offices issue PPRs within 30 days of completion of the final processing stage.

Except New Delhi VO. As this visa office requests passports of applicants along with medicals. So applicants wrongfully assume that all steps have been completed but, in fact, the final and most important step ( security-related ) remains to be completed.

Remember, after your medical results have been evaluated and you are considered medically fit for Canada, your application goes to the final processing stage. The final stage is the CSIS security check. The average time to complete this stage is about 3-6 months, longer if necessary. After this stage is completed, PPR is issued.

New Delhi visa office requests passports along with medicals and before evaluating them. So the passports remain with them for a longer duration compared to other visa offices. They evaluate the medicals and then they start security checks, resulting in a longer time to issue visas after receiving passports from applicants.

Remember, the security checks have to be completed before PPR issuance. No visa office will issue a visa without completing security checks on applicants.

If you have been waiting since April and if your medical results have reached the visa office during that month, then I advise you to wait a month more ( i.e. wait at least 6 months AFTER your medical results have REACHED the visa office ) and if you do not hear anything from the visa office, then send them a case-status inquiry by email.

sunshine11

Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
March 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Jan 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2014
Interview........
god knows
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
paris_33 said:
Oh YES, and that is the overclogged section. In most VOs, only one locally recruited employee is assigned to send letters of PPRs, AORs, MRs or any other kind of communication letters from the visa office.

However, most visa offices issue PPRs within 30 days of completion of the final processing stage.

Except New Delhi VO. As this visa office requests passports of applicants along with medicals. So applicants wrongfully assume that all steps have been completed but, in fact, the final and most important step ( security-related ) remains to be completed.

Remember, after your medical results have been evaluated and you are considered medically fit for Canada, your application goes to the final processing stage. The final stage is the CSIS security check. The average time to complete this stage is about 3-6 months, longer if necessary. After this stage is completed, PPR is issued.

New Delhi visa office requests passports along with medicals and before evaluating them. So the passports remain with them for a longer duration compared to other visa offices. They evaluate the medicals and then they start security checks, resulting in a longer time to issue visas after receiving passports from applicants.

Remember, the security checks have to be completed before PPR issuance. No visa office will issue a visa without completing security checks on applicants.

If you have been waiting since April and if your medical results have reached the visa office during that month, then I advise you to wait a month more ( i.e. wait at least 6 months AFTER your medical results have REACHED the visa office ) and if you do not hear anything from the visa office, then send them a case-status inquiry by email.
Hi paris 33
First thanks for your valuable information. I want to ask you one thing.
CHC ND send me medical request in Feb along with passport request. I done my medical and sent my passport in Feb. Since Feb I haven't heard anything from them. Now it's more than 7 months.
I sent them email 2 weeks ago but no response from them. I want to know why it's taking so long?
2. Is there any chance they will ask for interview?
3. what the chance to get the visa?
Plz help me....thanks

P

paris_33

sunshine11 said:
Hi paris 33
First thanks for your valuable information. I want to ask you one thing.
CHC ND send me medical request in Feb along with passport request. I done my medical and sent my passport in Feb. Since Feb I haven't heard anything from them. Now it's more than 7 months.
I sent them email 2 weeks ago but no response from them. I want to know why it's taking so long?
2. Is there any chance they will ask for interview?
3. what the chance to get the visa?
Plz help me....thanks
The overall processing time for provincial nominees by the NDVO, as per CIC website, is about 8-10 months.

As you have read my threads, after a positive evaluation of your medical results, your application undergoes a security check by CSIS.

This process can take about 3-5 months, more if necessary, depending on the workload of the CSIS. The visa office is not involved in these checks, they only get the result in YES or NO. The visa office also cannot accelerate the security checks.

Add 60-90 days from the time you have sent your medical results and another 6 months for the CSIS ( Canadian Security Intelligence Services - Canada's national spy and intelligence department ) security checks. In India, it takes a bit more time as compared to other countries. Considering the fact that you have completed your medicals on Feb 2011, I would say wait until the first week of November. If you do not hear anything from the visa office till then, send them a status inquiry email again.

July and August are the busiest months for the NDVO as they concentrate on processing a large number of student applications from that country.

Since you have not heard anything from the visa office with regards to your medical exams, you may assume 100 percent that you are medically fit for Canada.
So, as soon as the visa office gets a NTR finding ( No Traceable Record ) from CSIS with regards to your security background, you will be issued a visa.

Passport forgery is widespread in India. They also verify Passports with the issuing authorities.

Do not worry, NDVO is one of the busiest offices in the world. There is a queue to beat in each and every stage of the application process.

So the answers to your questions are as follows :-
1 / Your security checks are still ongoing. In India, it takes a bit more time to complete security checks as compared to other countries. Additionally, NDVO is one of the busiest offices in the world. The volume of applications a visa office receives is one of the most important factors in determining the overall processing time of an application. Also, applications from India show no signs of decreasing but increasing at a rapid pace.
2 / There is little chance that you will be called for an interview. The chances are only 5 percent. And only if they find adverse information as a result of the security checks being conducted by CSIS. If they call you, that does NOT mean you are ineligible for a visa. They call applicants to give them an opportunity to see the results of their investigation and a chance to applicants to refute or accept those findings. This is very rare, it happens only in 1 percent of cases.
3 / The chances to get a visa are about 99 percent. No visa office in the world will send medical requests to applicants unless their visa applications have been statutorily approved by a visa officer. Additionally, Provincial Nominees are not subject to the points test of the Federal Skilled Worker class. Only medical, background and security checks are to be done on a provincial nominee visa application. Denial at this stage is possible only if CSIS delivers a report to the visa officer that the applicant has some adverse ( security-related ) background information, which does NOT happen in 99 percent of the cases.

In India, it takes a bit more time than other countries. But you are truly lucky that you are applying in the PNP class. NDVO processing time for PNP applications is one of the FASTEST in the world. Islamabad VO takes about 31 months to process a PNP application. One of the members in this forum got his PNP visa after more than 3 years from the date his visa application was received by the Islamabad VO.

So, congratulations and wait for your passport with a maple leaf sticker in it. You are nearing the end of the process.

My prayers will always be at your side.

God Bless You.

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paris_33 said:
New Delhi visa office always requests passports of applicants along with medical exams.

It will be completed within 3-4 months, more if required. It will take as much time as it requires since it is not done by the visa officer.

Your application is within the established processing standards of New Delhi visa office and most likely undergoing security checks and as soon as they are completed, the next moment you will get your passports stamped with visas.

Almost all other visa offices return passports with visas within 1-2 weeks of requesting them as they request passports only after completing the final security check.

If there was any problem with your medical results, the visa office would have contacted you. Since you did not get any communication from the visa office with regards to your medical exam, you can be almost 100 percent sure that you are medically fit for immigration.

The response you got from the visa office is a very standard response which is being sent to lots of applicants. It simply means your application will again go to a visa officer after CSIS sends their security report. The visa officer looks at the report and issues the visa. For them, this is also a case review. So, do not worry, and please stop sending them status emails.

Remember, this is the final stage of your application. It is called the CSIS security check. The visa officer does not have any idea about their operations. He/she only gets the results in the form of YES or NO. The visa officer also does NOT have any authority to speed up the security screening process.

Either way, you will get your visa. It is only a matter of time. Most applicants in India usually get their passports WITHIN 90 days.

Hi,
As per CAIPS notes received few weeks ago my BC was in progress.
I sent a letter to CSIS to get the status of BC. They reply me in 2 months. They said " we received request from CIC for screening <1 June 2011> and advived on <25 Jul 2011>. now is CIC who need to take the decsion. my medical is expiring in a week and still waiting to recie ve my passports back. i will wait for a week and send a letter to CIC to return my passports (1 yr with them). Is it good to ask them to return passports? this will help me to travel.....
This is an update from my side. Ecase is still inprogress