App. Filed.......
Feb.14,2008
Doc's Request.
jan.10,2009
AOR Received.
oct.2008
qorax said:
Dear Ramesch,

Firstly, kindly be aware that Feb-2008 to Oct-2008 cases are not in the 'actual' fast track system. This was the most unfortunate moment of the Canadian PR history -wherein things went into a limbo. Though the MI was placed retroactively -in practical scene all those applications were shunted from one place to another, some gaining dust for over 1yr, while some being placed on a queue [which was separate than the 'old' system files], and some even went into oblivion -until someone questioned them.

Thus, in principle these cases were applicable for fast track, but on ground they were not. In most cases they were 'on queue' for more than 1yr [no action at all] and started to get processed only by 3rd quarter of 2009. Thus, those timeframes are practically not applicable to these case files.

Your present scenario:

Qorax im a February 2008 applicant, based on what you said above my file seem to be gathering dust as i have not heard from the embassy since January 2009 when they requested documents and subsequently to that i had a daughter and i informed them in october 2010, they later in February 2011 requested i pay processing fee for her which i did immediately, but its been 6months since and i have not heard back form them. I am out of reasons for the delay can you provide any light on the issue.
1. Probably your b/ground checks r on now.
2. Send them a direct email as well [besides using the CIC web-form].
3. Shoot mails every 15-20 days, unless u hear a satisfactory response.

I wish I could be of further assistance to u.

All the best !
Qorax

mni

Mar 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-Jun-2013
Hi Qorax,

I have one more query. My file has been in "In Process" with RBVO details since 15th Feb 2011. My NOC is 0213. It's almost 6 months since the status changed to "In Process". Does that mean that the background checks have started? Or the file is still in queue.

Earlier when the status turns "In Process", NDVO use to put the processing start date which for some reason is not followed now a days.

Regards,
mni

qorax said:
1. Untrue - pure speculation.
2. Be free to bring-in as much as u want -- there's just no restrictions, either in one go - or in multiple duration.

Qorax
Ps.: Reciprocated.
mni said:
Hi Qorax,

I have been a member of this forum for quite sometime plus a regular and silent follower of your threads. All of your posts are so informative and appreciate your time and effort that you have been putting consistently for so many years. +1 for you

However, I have few queries and therefore writing to you today.

1. I applied for PR in Feb 2010. Off late it has been stated in some of the threads that New Delhi VO has been putting status to "In Process" if the applicant sends an enquiry. I wanted to check with you if you know of any change in process which is the reason this.
2. My question is regarding the POF at the port of entry. I hope there should not be any issue in carrying more funds than stated in the application. So, so all the funds should be carried at once or can be carried at a later point. Is there a time limit to this?

Thanks in advance,
mni

brebu

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 15, 2012 (hopefully)
Doc's Request.
w/app
Nomination.....
May 2012
AOR Received.
July 27, 2012
IELTS Request
w/app
Med's Request
July 27, 2012
Med's Done....
August 5, 2012
Hello Qorax and all other members,

I have a big concern, very similar to Edghar on page 68. Please share your thoughts on the issue.

Unfortunately, even worse than Edghar, I got arrested by Immigration, in order for them to collect bond money, of course. I was charged with overstaying my visa. I am now fighting my deportation case in the US and I also don't have any criminal record.
The problem is as follows. I asked for the fbi record long ago, but I had to submit my application before I got my record due to the cap in 3152 filling in fast.
There is a question in the Background application about whether you have been detained or put in jail. I said no, since Immigration only took my fingerprints and my bond money and let me go the same day. My immigration lawyer here also told me it should not be on my record since immigration and criminal are separate. Now on the fbi record it says Arrested - Charge:deportable alien.
I never intended to lie and the form asks whether you were detained, convicted or put in jail.
Since my cc wasn't charged yet, do you think I should close it and reapply, and put that in the initial application, also including my fbi record? i am secondary applicant, my common-law spouse is main applicant, and she is ok (has GC in US).
I am really confused as I don't want it to loook like i'm hiding anything, since our application is perfect in any other aspect.
Thank you all for your inputs and thoughts, I'll be waiting impatiently to hear them!!!

P

paris_33

brebu said:
Hello Qorax and all other members,

I have a big concern, very similar to Edghar on page 68. Please share your thoughts on the issue.

Unfortunately, even worse than Edghar, I got arrested by Immigration, in order for them to collect bond money, of course. I was charged with overstaying my visa. I am now fighting my deportation case in the US and I also don't have any criminal record.
The problem is as follows. I asked for the fbi record long ago, but I had to submit my application before I got my record due to the cap in 3152 filling in fast.
There is a question in the Background application about whether you have been detained or put in jail. I said no, since Immigration only took my fingerprints and my bond money and let me go the same day. My immigration lawyer here also told me it should not be on my record since immigration and criminal are separate. Now on the fbi record it says Arrested - Charge:deportable alien.
I never intended to lie and the form asks whether you were detained, convicted or put in jail.
Since my cc wasn't charged yet, do you think I should close it and reapply, and put that in the initial application, also including my fbi record? i am secondary applicant, my common-law spouse is main applicant, and she is ok (has GC in US).
I am really confused as I don't want it to loook like i'm hiding anything, since our application is perfect in any other aspect.
Thank you all for your inputs and thoughts, I'll be waiting impatiently to hear them!!!
First of all, the question as to whether you have been detained or put in jail refers to something criminal-related. Your lawyer is right, immigration and criminal cases are separate.

Your application will NOT be denied simply because you have been in an immigration case, unless that includes a criminal conviction. Only cases where you were jailed as per a competent judge's order need to be disclosed. CIC does not care about your overstay status as it does not affect your MORAL CHARACTER. Only crimes of moral turpitude will prevent you from entering Canada. If I were you, I would have done the same thing. You were arrested and then released immediately is not considered arrested and/or detained under legal terms.

Your FBI record even if it shows arrested or deported alien, will NOT disqualify you from a Canada visa, neither it will disqualify you for another US visa if you qualify for it. As soon as a visa officer looks at your FBI record, and determines that it is immigration related, he/she will have a I DON'T CARE attitude.

Only cases where you have been jailed/detained subject to a criminal charge needs to be disclosed. Even under such circumstances, you will NOT be considered ineligible for a visa simply bcoz you were jailed. You have to provide a court verdict with your application. It is the judge's decision that matters, and also whether the crime you have committed is considered a crime in Canada or not. Anyway, since yours is an immigration related case, your lawyer is right.

Taking into custody by Police is a normal occurrence in many of our lives. What matters most is whether you have been ordered jailed by a competent court of law. And whether you have been convicted of a crime that prevents you from meeting the good moral character definition.

Your answer NO to the question is right.

You will get the visa >>> Your previous history in the US will NOT prevent you from getting a visa or affect your application in any way.

HUSSAIN

P

paris_33

sunshine11 said:
Hi paris plz can u give me the link where u got this:-
*****Once the e-case gets updated to show "Medical Results have been received", there is no any security check still pending. They never update the e-case to show the receipt of the medical results unless the case is approved.
i am also confuse abt this....plz give me link plzzzz
Hi

tried to send you the link, but an automated message says we are not allowed to send links. sorry.

lhr_montreal

Nov 7, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
(Islamabad) Now London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paris_33 said:
Hi

tried to send you the link, but an automated message says we are not allowed to send links. sorry.
Dear Paris
Is it an official CIC link or any discussion on any forum?

nadeem55

Aug 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
15-04-2011
Nomination.....
????
AOR Received.
25-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the initial application to CIO
File Transfer...
20-06-2011 to Buffalo
Med's Request
22-02-2013 from Ottawa
Med's Done....
27-02-2013
Interview........
Wavied :)
Passport Req..
05-04-2013 via Email
VISA ISSUED...
06 May, 2013
LANDED..........
11 May, 2013 Landed Immigrant :)
Hi Qorax,

I just inquire from my VO about the status of the application and they replied me back with this reply

Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

e-Cas is for applications processing within Canada only.

Immigration cases being processed in Visa offices outside Canada use a system different from that used to process similar applications in Canada. As a result, the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) does not reflect the status of cases being processed in Buffalo.

Do not use the CIC e-Cas on-line change of address system. Your new address will not be downloaded to your file in Buffalo.

They mentioned that my application is in process, but E-cas still showing RBVO? Could you please explain? MY address disappeared and then shown again 2 times, I don't know what's going on, also I already submitted RCMP electronically at then end of July 2011, now don't know what will be next step?

Thanks for your cooperation.
Nadeem

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
nadeem55 said:
Hi Qorax,

I just inquire from my VO about the status of the application and they replied me back with this reply

Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

e-Cas is for applications processing within Canada only.

Immigration cases being processed in Visa offices outside Canada use a system different from that used to process similar applications in Canada. As a result, the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) does not reflect the status of cases being processed in Buffalo.

Do not use the CIC e-Cas on-line change of address system. Your new address will not be downloaded to your file in Buffalo.

They mentioned that my application is in process, but E-cas still showing RBVO? Could you please explain? MY address disappeared and then shown again 2 times, I don't know what's going on, also I already submitted RCMP electronically at then end of July 2011, now don't know what will be next step?

Thanks for your cooperation.
Nadeem
RBVO is part of in-process.

P

paris_33

lhr_montreal said:
Dear Paris
Is it an official CIC link or any discussion on any forum?

no, it is NOT a link from a CIC website, it is only a link from a discussion in this immigration forum. so do not rely on it too much.
i hope that helps.

good luck.

sunshine11

Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
March 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Jan 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2014
Interview........
god knows
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
paris_33 said:
no, it is NOT a link from a CIC website, it is only a link from a discussion in this immigration forum. so do not rely on it too much.
i hope that helps.

good luck.
plz can u give me address for that form, i mean name of the form or website address.....

what u can do just write the link on ur notepad n copy here...so helpppppppp....thankssss

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Hello qorax,

I wonder if you can explain the legitimacy and purpose of Background Check. Are they doing this to check antecedents within Canada or for where we've been outside Canada?

I'm in Canada since 15 and never traveled beyond 4 months. Recently, Buffalo transferred my file to expedite the process but i notice many of my peers who applied before and after me received PPR from Buffalo. This is clearly not expediting my file and I wonder if they could be doing Background Check on me

thank you for clarifying tthis again.
And.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ae03yy said:
Hello qorax,

I wonder if you can explain the legitimacy and purpose of Background Check. Are they doing this to check antecedents within Canada or for where we've been outside Canada?

I'm in Canada since 15 and never traveled beyond 4 months. Recently, Buffalo transferred my file to expedite the process but i notice many of my peers who applied before and after me received PPR from Buffalo. This is clearly not expediting my file and I wonder if they could be doing Background Check on me

thank you for clarifying tthis again.
And.
Building a stronger Canada one story at a time

Over 5,000 employees across the globe manage one of the world's largest, most successful immigration programs on behalf of all Canadians. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) makes thousands of decisions every working day as to who can or cannot come to Canada, and who can stay as part of the Canadian family. Once newcomers arrive here, welcoming them is a community effort.

Our commitment to safety, security and public health

While Canada welcomes many newcomers every year, security and public health are always top-of-mind issues. All who apply for permanent residence are subject to a rigorous screening process to prevent individuals who pose a risk to Canada's security and public health from entering the country. Applicants for temporary resident visas can be subject to stringent security and medical checks as well.

The background checks basically help to determine [1]if they are eligible for the PR Processing, [2]Have demonstrable skills to succeed here, [3]Assess/Cross-Check/Tally/Obtain information regarding the individual, [4]Case Integrity, [5]Risk Evaluation - Acceptance & Elimination, etc.

Selecting Permanent Residents (PRs)

Overall, CIC maintains a balanced immigration program that responds to Canada's labour market needs while fostering family reunification and honouring Canada's humanitarian commitments. IRPA defines three basic classes of permanent residents: economic, family and protected persons. Permanent residents (PRs) are persons who have not become Canadian citizens, but who have been authorized to live and work in Canada indefinitely, provided that they meet the residency requirements and do not lose their status by reason of serious criminality, security, human rights violations, organized crime or misrepresentation.

Much of the work involved in making decisions on who is eligible to come to or remain in Canada is based on the consideration and verification of information provided by applicants, and checks to ensure that these persons do not pose a security or health risk to Canada. In most cases, CIC's role begins when an application is submitted at any of the hundreds of points of service in Canada and abroad, and ends when a visa is issued overseas or an application is approved in Canada. CIC does not control all of the steps leading to temporary or permanent admission to Canada, such as when successful applicants and their families decide to travel to Canada. For a number of reasons, not every visa issued results in a person arriving, and in an average year, about 2% of visas are not used.

Processing times

The length of time it takes to process applications varies depending on when & where you applied. You may be able to avoid unnecessary delays by:
- making sure that all the necessary information is included with your application
- validating the Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] online, and printing and including the barcode page with your application
- notifying the VO of any changes to personal information, viz. address, telephone & fax numbers or a change in the makeup of your family
- avoiding repeated inquiries to the visa office
- following all instructions from the visa office in a timely manner
- ensuring that the photocopies and documents you provide are clear and legible, and
- providing certified English or French translations of original documents that you submit in other languages.

Your application will be delayed if the office processing it has to take extra steps to assess your case. Your application will take longer if:
- there are criminal or security problems related to your application, or if additional security background checks are required, OR
- your family status is not clear because of a situation, such as a divorce or an adoption that is not yet complete or child custody issues that have not been resolved.

The decision on your application

A CIC officer will make a [final] decision on your application based on the requirements for immigration to Canada at the time your application was submitted. The decision will be based on several selection factors, as well as the results of your medical examination and the criminal and security checks.

The officer will also assess the proof of funds you have provided (unless you have arranged employment) to ensure that you will be able to support yourself and your family when you arrive in Canada.

Note:
Always remember, each case is assessed on it merits... some cases could be Simple & Straight while some might not - needing addnl processing work/times [though it might not be self-created by the applicant]. Besides, there could be many other factors that might put a case file into further scrutiny/assessment/work -- which could delay its processing. No two case files are the same/similar.

Qorax
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
REFERENCES:
1. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/story/index.asp
2. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-after.asp
3. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/annual-report2008/section3.asp

clearcool

Aug 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
Sept 8, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Oct 7, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I have one question. I submitted my FSW application on July 5, 2011. I did not submit the police clearance certificate. When do I need to submit this? Will I be notified and will I get a deadline to submit these docs?

Can someone please clarify.

Thanks in advance.

Joel.

fireworks

Feb 2, 2011
Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2010
Doc's Request.
18-03-2010
AOR Received.
30-04-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
04-07-2011
Med's Done....
18-07-2011
Interview........
09-06-2011 Int Result: More Docs Request
Passport Req..
04-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2011
Hi Qorax,
I have a question:
Is it a procedure that when CHC encash the RPRF, they sent a receipt to us?
How much time generally they take to encash RPRF?
It has been almost 1.5 months I have sent RPRF. They haven't encashed yet.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
fireworks said:
Hi Qorax,
I have a question:
Is it a procedure that when CHC encash the RPRF, they sent a receipt to us?
How much time generally they take to encash RPRF?
It has been almost 1.5 months I have sent RPRF. They haven't encashed yet.
1. It is not a std procedure to send us the receipt of RPRF, however many get it alongwith the COPR, some earlier too... I never got.
2. There's no timeframe to that... the drafts go to their accounts cell... it's unto them when they'd deposit it.

Qorax