+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Checks -EXPLAINED >>>

zstudent

Aug 15, 2011
Hi Qorax,
I have applied for study permit from Dubai and upon status inquiry they have replied to me that currently they are doing Background Checks.

My question is, in case of study permit, does the background checks means that they have taken a decision to grant visa (similar to PR applications) ?

Thankyou.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
asif ghouri said:
Dear skipper.
"Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR
i want to ask that 2nd AOR means that our points are clear or points r checked on in process stage. plz reply bcz mostly people say that 2nd AOR means just to acknowledgement of documents.
Replied to u elsewhere...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
zstudent said:
Hi Qorax,
I have applied for study permit from Dubai and upon status inquiry they have replied to me that currently they are doing Background Checks.

My question is, in case of study permit, does the background checks means that they have taken a decision to grant visa (similar to PR applications) ?

Thankyou.
No. They r yet 'assessing' your case.
Qorax

lhr_montreal

Nov 7, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
(Islamabad) Now London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qorax,
I am a quebec selected applicant from Pakistan. Did my meds in Feb 2011. and sent the RPRF and updated forms and police certificates to CHC london. I sent an email on 08.08.2011 and didnt received any reply, But today my address on e-cas is gone and a line of "Medicals results have been received" has been added to my details. What do you think where i am standing now?
Regards

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear qurax,
the request letter which we sent to The Canadian high commission , how to write the file number and etc...
on top of letter left side , or at bottom of the letter , i am not sure about , my guess is top right side of the
letter ... if it is like that .. will it be like that.......

FOR EXAMPLE....

FILE NUMBER : -B123456789
D-O-B : - 12- 34-56
NATIONALITY: - ABC....
ETC............................

TO THE CANADA HIGH COMMISSION.
DEAR SIR/MADAM,
............................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

PLEASE ADVISE , THANKES

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
lhr_montreal said:
Dear Qorax,
I am a quebec selected applicant from Pakistan. Did my meds in Feb 2011. and sent the RPRF and updated forms and police certificates to CHC london. I sent an email on 08.08.2011 and didnt received any reply, But today my address on e-cas is gone and a line of "Medicals results have been received" has been added to my details. What do you think where i am standing now?
Regards
PPR in a few weeks.

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qorax...

I got following reply from CIC New Delhi.

"Your file is currently with an immigration officer for final review. As your family’s background checks are still pending, I am unable to provide you with a final decision at this time."

what does it mean. My medical is expiring in next month and passports are with CIC since last 10 months.

Thanks,

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thats fine...............

love bird 43 said:
Dear qurax,
the request letter which we sent to The Canadian high commission , how to write the file number and etc...
on top of letter left side , or at bottom of the letter , i am not sure about , my guess is top right side of the
letter ... if it is like that .. will it be like that.......

FOR EXAMPLE....

FILE NUMBER : -B123456789
D-O-B : - 12- 34-56
NATIONALITY: - ABC....
ETC............................

TO THE CANADA HIGH COMMISSION.
DEAR SIR/MADAM,
............................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

PLEASE ADVISE , THANKES

aamirwarsi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
12-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent with initial application
Med's Request
06-06-2011
Med's Done....
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Step 1 on 07-09-11, Step 2 on 13-10-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-11
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax

Thats very well explained qorax, i dont think security checks are so extensive as its takes more time specially in my country its very difficult as there is no centralised department for all these secuurity checks etc any ways good luck to everyone
aamir

noman

Jun 13, 2010
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1111 and 0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2004
Doc's Request.
08/07/2011
AOR Received.
sep 2004
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Dear Qorax,

I have update my documents on 19th july 2011, when
I can expect medicals?

P

paris_33

qorax said:
PPR in a few weeks.
hi qorax,

hope you are doing fine.

just want to get a clarification.

you said in one of your earlier posts that :-
security checks are started AFTER medical results have been received by the VO.

but on one forum professional 1 says :-

" Just to clarify,

Once the e-case gets updated to show "Medical Results have been received", there is no any security check still pending. They never update the e-case to show the receipt of the medical results unless the case is approved.

The situation you explained is before they update to show the sentence: "Medical results have been received"

He will get his PPR at any moment from now maximum of 2 months from the date of the update. His application is just waiting for his turn to be finalized very soon. "

kind of confused which one is true.

On this forum, the pakistani guy Quebec applicant got his ecas update ( MEDICAL RESULTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED ) on medicals in August 2011 but he had his medicals on Feb 2011.
and you responded that he might get PPR in a few weeks time.

I got my ecas update MEDICAL RESULTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED on july 11 2011. my medicals were forwarded to the VO on 4 july 2011.
My visa office is Paris, France.

Does different visa offices have different interpretations to the ecas updates ?

since july 4 2011, i have not heard anything from the visa office.

when can i send them an email with regards to my case status ?

is security checks still pending on my application ? or i should assume that they have been completed and that my application is in the final review stage ?

given that i have been asked to complete medicals, do i fit the bill for a Canadian PR or yet to be determined my eligibility for a PR ?

your detailed response would be highly appreciated.

HUSSAIN

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
paris_33 said:
hi qorax,

hope you are doing fine.

" Just to clarify,

Once the e-case gets updated to show "Medical Results have been received", there is no any security check still pending. They never update the e-case to show the receipt of the medical results unless the case is approved.

The situation you explained is before they update to show the sentence: "Medical results have been received"

He will get his PPR at any moment from now maximum of 2 months from the date of the update. His application is just waiting for his turn to be finalized very soon. "

On this forum, the pakistani guy Quebec applicant got his ecas update ( MEDICAL RESULTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED ) on medicals in August 2011 but he had his medicals on Feb 2011.

I got my ecas update MEDICAL RESULTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED on july 11 2011. my medicals were forwarded to the VO on 4 july 2011.

Does different visa offices have different interpretations to the ecas updates ?

is security checks still pending on my application ? or i should assume that they have been completed and that my application is in the final review stage ?

given that i have been asked to complete medicals, do i fit the bill for a Canadian PR or yet to be determined my eligibility for a PR ?

HUSSAIN
What u read somewhere is usually correct -- the "MR status" on the e-Cas, generally, suggest that everything is clear & the PPRs r underway. But, the following needs to be understood as well:

1. VO to VO the timeframe varies due to their queues [remember there's a queue to beat in every stage].
2. Their PHEP section might be overwhelmed, over-clogged.
3. The file might be pending the 'final review' of the IO [case manager].
4. Some sort of/part of security clearance might not have concluded yet [rarity].
5. That e-Cas statement of 'MR' is a guarantee that the meds r good... but not 100% surety that the security is good as well [though mostly it is].

Qorax

sunshine11

Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
March 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Jan 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2014
Interview........
god knows
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
paris_33 said:
hi qorax,

hope you are doing fine.

" Just to clarify,

HUSSAIN
Hi paris plz can u give me the link where u got this:-
*****Once the e-case gets updated to show "Medical Results have been received", there is no any security check still pending. They never update the e-case to show the receipt of the medical results unless the case is approved.
i am also confuse abt this....plz give me link plzzzz