mshbacolod

Sep 21, 2010
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax

Thank you very much. This answers some questions in my mind.

My E cas stat just change to IN PROCESS. Im hoping to receved an MR soon. Any adviss will be highly appreciated.

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
Thank you very much. This answers some questions in my mind.

My E cas stat just change to IN PROCESS. Im hoping to receved an MR soon. Any adviss will be highly appreciated.

[/quote]

Congratulations... i hope you should receive your MR or additional documents request within 4 weeks.

Cheers...

still hopeful

Jan 30, 2011
Hi Qorax,
I have sent u a pm ,but i am still waiting to hear from u.
as i mentioned earlier i have done medical along with my family,and my son and myself were cleared in the medical and my wife was asked to do repeat x ray ,which she did and its now more then 7 months from the repeat x ray,we have not heared anything from the visa office(KINGSTON,JAMAICA),in the mean time ,my wifes passport was lost , and we applied for a new one and she has a new passport now since december 2010,but we have not inform about the same to the visa office yet.
Do you think this is making the delay? i am herein canada and my family is back home ,i have a son whom i have not seen from last 2 years ,i left him when he was 5 months,its hard, sometimes i feel like to return back to my family ,if i go back ,does my case will also transfer from kingston to my home country? Even i wrote and fax to the visa office in canada about my case ,but i have not got any reply yet,though its 1 months passed ,I am planning to go to Jamaica and ask there personaly, do you think it will be of any help?
Even i orderd the caips note through one agent ,he charged me 200 dollar ,but the caips note did not showed any thing abouit my wifes medical, in caips note it says papper file sent to PA BF FILE TO-90W ON 16 -7 -2010,
Please help me with your valuable sugestion,as i dont have any more patience after waiting so long almost 4 years.

obho0001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/10/2009
Doc's Request.
02/12/2009
AOR Received.
02/12/2009
File Transfer...
10/12/2009
Med's Request
05/08/2010
Med's Done....
17/08/2010
Passport Req..
26/04/2011
LANDED..........
21/06/2011
Hi Stillhopeful

I am not Qorax, but I thought I could share my ideas with you anyway.

First of, since it has been quite a few months since your wife completed the additional medical examinations, I think you can write to your Visa Office (Kingston, Jamaica) and ask for a status update enquiry. AND provide them with a copy of your wife's new passport and explain that the previous one was lost.

You can find their contact details on this page:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/kingston.asp

Also, what does your online application status say? Probably 'In Process'. I think your application is going through the background/security checks. These may take quite a few months.

If you change your country of residence, your application will still continue to be the same: in your case Kingston, Jamaica. But in this case (i.e. if you 'move' from your current country of residence to elsewhere), you should send updated Schedule 1 form reflecting your new country of residence, current address and your new occupation.

You can of course, temporarily visit any place you would like to. You won't have to update CIC on this as long as your travel is temporary. Just make sure CIC has your updated address at all times.

Hope this is useful.

//

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
still hopeful said:
Hi Qorax,
I have sent u a pm ,but i am still waiting to hear from u.
as i mentioned earlier i have done medical along with my family,and my son and myself were cleared in the medical and my wife was asked to do repeat x ray ,which she did and its now more then 7 months from the repeat x ray,we have not heared anything from the visa office(KINGSTON,JAMAICA),in the mean time ,my wifes passport was lost , and we applied for a new one and she has a new passport now since december 2010,but we have not inform about the same to the visa office yet.
Do you think this is making the delay? i am herein canada and my family is back home ,i have a son whom i have not seen from last 2 years ,i left him when he was 5 months,its hard, sometimes i feel like to return back to my family ,if i go back ,does my case will also transfer from kingston to my home country? Even i wrote and fax to the visa office in canada about my case ,but i have not got any reply yet,though its 1 months passed ,I am planning to go to Jamaica and ask there personaly, do you think it will be of any help?
Even i orderd the caips note through one agent ,he charged me 200 dollar ,but the caips note did not showed any thing abouit my wifes medical, in caips note it says papper file sent to PA BF FILE TO-90W ON 16 -7 -2010,
Please help me with your valuable sugestion,as i dont have any more patience after waiting so long almost 4 years.
Replied here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/still-hopeful-your-inbox-is-full-t63385.0.html

yashar

Jan 26, 2011
Visa Office......
London Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2009
AOR Received.
21-09-2009
File Transfer...
29-09-2009
Med's Request
In process since 04-06-2010
Med's Done....
Up date documents on 28-08-2011
Dear Qorax,
Your information are wonderful.It seems my case is late. my e-cas since 4th of june 2010 is showing on process from CHC london.I am an Iranian national who is residing in Qatar for more than 11 years .I contacted th CHC london two times.The first time :the response was :your file is under background cheking and my second reply just one week ago was: your file is waiting to be reviewd by an immigration officer. Is it means that my background cheking is finished? How long more I should wait for medical request? Is it correct that the Iranians will move under another category *Vulnerable* and may their process will be around 5 years????
I am so confused and really I will appriciate your response.
Thank you

qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear Qorax,

Please need urgent assistance.

I have my old application ( Sept. 2006) filled via consultant . In old application my job title was "Retail Chemist" & NOC code was : 3131 with same job duties & responsibilities.

As in my new application Which is still to dispatch... My job title is Retail Pharmacist & NOC :3131 with no change in job duties & roles.

Do you think that because of change in job title ...there will be problem ? What do you suggest me

Need your urgent help ...

Regards,
Mayank

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
yashar said:
Dear Qorax,
Your information are wonderful.It seems my case is late. my e-cas since 4th of june 2010 is showing on process from CHC london.I am an Iranian national who is residing in Qatar for more than 11 years .I contacted th CHC london two times.The first time :the response was :your file is under background cheking and my second reply just one week ago was: your file is waiting to be reviewd by an immigration officer. [1]Is it means that my background cheking is finished? How long more I should wait for medical request? [2]Is it correct that the Iranians will move under another category *Vulnerable* and may their process will be around 5 years????
I am so confused and really I will appriciate your response.
Thank you
[1] It doesn't necessarily mean that the b/g checks have concluded. It could also mean that a check by the VO was necessiated midway. Obtain your CAIPS notes -- that could give u a better insight.

[2] This is not true. Yes, ppl of certain region, travel history, work exp etc. get into a bit of extra scrutiny -- but it's not a case of degeneration... there's no 'other category'.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mayankpandya said:
Dear Qorax,

Please need urgent assistance.

I have my old application ( Sept. 2006) filled via consultant . In old application my job title was "Retail Chemist" & NOC code was : 3131 with same job duties & responsibilities.

As in my new application Which is still to dispatch... My job title is Retail Pharmacist & NOC :3131 with no change in job duties & roles.

Do you think that because of change in job title ...there will be problem ? What do you suggest me

Need your urgent help ...

Regards,
Mayank
That shouldn't be a cause of worry... 'title' doesn't matter - the duties do.
Qorax

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
thanks qorax,

Are you sure that, it is not going to make any harm at VO level ? What of at VO level they check it with my old file ? Do you think that boz. of this i might get rejection ? I got mixed response from different forum members on it. I am really worried on it.

Plz.. advise me..

Regards,
Mayank

qorax said:
That shouldn't be a cause of worry... 'title' doesn't matter - the duties do.
Qorax

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear Qorax,

I got suggestion from one member of forum like....

put " Retail Pharmacist / Retail Chemist " in contract letter as well as in ref. letter .

As this will solve my problem .

I need your input on it. I am also worried on it. As tomorrow i am planning to send it... But i need to clear this issue...Plz.. help me out it..

Regards,
Mayank

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mayankpandya said:
Dear Qorax,

I got suggestion from one member of forum like....

put " Retail Pharmacist / Retail Chemist " in contract letter as well as in ref. letter .

As this will solve my problem .

I need your input on it. I am also worried on it. As tomorrow i am planning to send it... But i need to clear this issue...Plz.. help me out it..

Regards,
Mayank
How many Job Contracts do u have from the same employer?
Didn't u say that your 'current' one specifies "Retail Pharmacist" already? So, that it should be.

And if making those 'job contracts' were in your hand - why did u prepare a different one than the previous in the first case? Then, if it wasn't in your hand - it should be the way it is - ie. RETAIL PHARMACIST.

Qorax

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear qorax,

This problem arise only because of consultant in my past file.

Mayank

qorax said:
How many Job Contracts do u have from the same employer?
Didn't u say that your 'current' one specifies "Retail Pharmacist" already? So, that it should be.

And if making those 'job contracts' were in your hand - why did u prepare a different one than the previous in the first case? Then, if it wasn't in your hand - it should be the way it is - ie. RETAIL PHARMACIST.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
True or False?
Canada screens everyone who tries to enter the country
to make sure they are not a SECURITY RISK.

True...
Every visitor, immigrant and refugee must be carefully screened before coming to Canada.

The facts
This screening is an essential part of the Government of Canada's commitment to keeping Canada safe and secure. Citizenship and Immigration Canada works closely with the Canada Border Services Agency, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Canadian Security Intelligence Service to carry out the screening process.

Canada's visa officers abroad are our first line of defence. They are specially trained to identify people who could pose a security risk, and they send anyone suspicious for further security checks. Canada also has special officers stationed abroad to help airlines screen people coming to Canada. In the past five years, these officers have caught more than 30,000 people attempting to travel without the proper documents. Since 9/11, Canada has also increased security screening at the border.

The safety of Canadians is our number one priority. Security screening is an important part of the overall assessment of whether a person is admissible to Canada. This assessment ensures that anyone who wants to come to Canada:

• does not have a criminal record;
• does not pose a risk to Canada's security;
• is in good health and does not pose a public health risk
(a medical examination may be required);
• has not violated human or international rights;
• has a valid passport or travel document; and
• has not violated the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

People who want to come to Canada as visitors must also show that they can support themselves and their families while in Canada and that they will leave the country at the end of their stay.

Ref:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/facts/security.asp

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
True or False?
Canada screens everyone who tries to enter the country
to make sure they are not a SECURITY RISK.

True...
Every visitor, immigrant and refugee must be carefully screened before coming to Canada.

The facts
This screening is an essential part of the Government of Canada's commitment to keeping Canada safe and secure. Citizenship and Immigration Canada works closely with the Canada Border Services Agency, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Canadian Security Intelligence Service to carry out the screening process.

Canada's visa officers abroad are our first line of defence. They are specially trained to identify people who could pose a security risk, and they send anyone suspicious for further security checks. Canada also has special officers stationed abroad to help airlines screen people coming to Canada. In the past five years, these officers have caught more than 30,000 people attempting to travel without the proper documents. Since 9/11, Canada has also increased security screening at the border.

The safety of Canadians is our number one priority. Security screening is an important part of the overall assessment of whether a person is admissible to Canada. This assessment ensures that anyone who wants to come to Canada:

• does not have a criminal record;
• does not pose a risk to Canada's security;
• is in good health and does not pose a public health risk
(a medical examination may be required);
• has not violated human or international rights;
• has a valid passport or travel document; and
• has not violated the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

People who want to come to Canada as visitors must also show that they can support themselves and their families while in Canada and that they will leave the country at the end of their stay.

Ref:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/facts/security.asp
Thanks Captain....A reasonable outline why it takes pretty long time for someone and from some nationality after the medical done....and between getting PPR... Well still sometimes we get impatient of waiting!!!