FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rockriz144 said:
Please share useful links for preparation of G1 driving test of Ontario
PDF will be appreciated... :) 8) ::)
U don't need a Pdf... or anything else...
ApnaToronto.Com is all u need:
http://www.apnatoronto.com/ontario-g1-test/

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mehulca said:
Hi Qorax,

I was aware of the fact that quotas are CHC based but was not aware that they are NOC based. If that is the case, is it possible that a file with an NOC which is not currently in demand (like the 1 I applied under) will take longer that usual?
Most likely... besides that 'in demand' NOC isn't the ones listed in the 29 list alone... they r 'called-for' from, time-to-time, by HRSDC thru their circulars to CIC.

Qorax

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03rd March 2011 PPR/RPRF sent: 13th April 2011 RPRF encashed: 29th April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
qorax said:
U don't need a Pdf... or anything else...
ApnaToronto.Com is all u need:
http://www.apnatoronto.com/ontario-g1-test/

Qorax
Not that it needs seconding, but I second this. Very comprehensive site and lots of practice tests.

Cheers,
Odin!

sohail-khan86

Star Member
May 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2009
Doc's Request.
4-6-2010
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
13-12-2010
Med's Done....
27-12-2010---------- re-meds (24-2-2012)
Interview........
sept 2011... Case Approved...
Passport Req..
25/7/2012.. decision made. (28/8/2012) lets see when I get my passport back now..
VISA ISSUED...
22/8/2012
LANDED..........
27th jan 13 n became permanent resident...
qorax said:
Very unlikely, regrets bro.
Alright... :(( Dammmnn that doesn't sound good.. Anyhow I was wondering if they really fasten the process a bit when medicals are about to expire or is it the same as everyone else!? Because quite frankly it doesn't make any sense to send any one medicals when they are not planning on finalizing the application in next 12 months. :mad: :mad: they have wasted my time and money since I have to go to another city just to have them done.. :mad: :mad: :mad:.. They should at least try to go a bit faster i guess when medicals are nearing to expire..

mehulca

Oct 9, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2010
Doc's Request.
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Result submitted with other documents
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2013 received on 25-02-2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Hi Qorax,

I got the following reply from NDVO in response to CSQ. It states that your application is not likely to be processed in 2012. Why such a long delay as people who sent documents in Apr-10 to June-10 are getting MR? Is it possible that this is a standard reply and I may hear something in coming 3-4 months?Kindly throw some light.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

An Acknowledgement of Receipt letter was sent to you after your application was received by our office. Your application is currently in a queue awaiting initial review.

Unless we have specifically asked you to do so, you are not required to submit any documentation at this time. Our office will contact you to provide the required supporting documentation for the assessment of your application.

If you applied as a Federal Skilled Worker on or after 27 February 2008 and before 26 June 2010, your application is not likely to be processed in 2012.
Unfortunately, it will take longer to process federal skilled worker applications submitted under the first set of instructions (between 27 February 2008 and 25 June 2010) than originally projected. During this time, the department received applications for more than 425,000 people, and 144,000 of these have not yet received a decision.

This number represents more than twice the number of projected admissions under the federal skilled worker program in 2011. As a result, applicants will wait two years or more to be processed.

If you wish to withdraw your application, you may be eligible for a refund of your processing fees.

Applications in the Skilled Worker category are processed in order of receipt. Your application forms and fees guarantee your place in the processing queue. Your file is being processed in accordance with its place in the queue, based on the date on which the application and fee payment were received in our office. As we are not yet ready to review your file, you are not required send any documents in support of your application. Since your application is still within normal processing times, we are not able to provide any status updates on your file. When we are ready to review your file, we will send a document request letter to you using the contact information we have on your file. That letter will list all documents required to continue processing your application.

Until we contact you, the only information you are required to provide us in order to update your application is:

- Change of address or contact information, including email address
- Change in your family composition
- Request to withdraw your application and refund the application fees
- Submission of an Arranged Employment Opinion approved by Human Resources and Social Development Canada
- Change to your representation

If you wish to engage, change, or revoke a paid representative, the form IMM 5476 Use of a Representative, available at this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/representative.asp, must be completed and signed by you then sent to our office. In all correspondence with our office, remember to quote your file number, full name, and date of birth.

For information about processing times, please visit the following link to our website:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/processing_times-durees_traitement.aspx

Processing times to finalization may vary depending on the number of new applications received and the individual complexity of each application. For actual processing times of permanent resident applications in New Delhi for the last 12 months, please refer to the CIC website at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02a-skilled-fed.asp

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section - 2
High Commission of Canada
PO Box 5209
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi, India 110021

hamid22

Star Member
Oct 1, 2007
Dear qoarx,

Please give your comment on my case; I need your openion on this:

I am 2007 SAP applicant from Afghanistan. I got documents up-date letter from CHC Islamabad on Feb 22 ,2011 through e-mail. than I sent all my original documents to them accept IELTS result because the date of exam was changed by British council in Kabul. I explained them this in a cover letter with my documents and asked British council to send my TRF directly to CHC Islamabad on May 25,2011. Since than I have not received any feedback from CHC Islamabad.All my original documents are there, six month passed but there is no news. I am getting worried. normally how long takes between sending of full documentation and medical request.

Best,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
hamid22 said:
Dear qoarx,

Please give your comment on my case; I need your openion on this:

I am 2007 SAP applicant from Afghanistan. I got documents up-date letter from CHC Islamabad on Feb 22 ,2011 through e-mail. than I sent all my original documents to them accept IELTS result because the date of exam was changed by British council in Kabul. I explained them this in a cover letter with my documents and asked British council to send my TRF directly to CHC Islamabad on May 25,2011. Since than I have not received any feedback from CHC Islamabad.All my original documents are there, six month passed but there is no news. I am getting worried. normally how long takes between sending of full documentation and medical request.

Best,
Replied:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/background-checks-explained-t39578.0.html;msg1132763#msg1132763

Ramz27

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
File in Damascus May 13 2011
Med's Request
sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
hey qorax

im sponsoring my husban from damascus and the file is in process since may 2011 and today i got this e mail below and im all worried now i read ur background check explanation but i wanna know is what theyre advising me normal or is there a problem should i be worried ?
heres the email:

Dear Madam:

Please be advised that the application is undergoing further background verifications. Unfortunately, it is not possible to predict how long these will take. Once background checks are completed, we will be able to proceed with the application.

If we require additional information, we will contact you. In the meantime, if there is any change to the information submitted for the application, please inform us as soon as possible.

Please note that we are devoting all available resources to ensure that our priority Family Class cases (spouses, partners, and dependent children) are processed as quickly as possible. This application was received in our office on 13 May 2011. Our objective is to finalize routine cases within 13 months of the date of receipt. Since further checks are required, this is not a routine case and finalizing it might take longer.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Regards,

Immigration Section
Embassy of Canada, Damascus
P.O. Box 3394

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Ramz27 said:
hey qorax

im sponsoring my husban from damascus and the file is in process since may 2011 and today i got this e mail below and im all worried now i read ur background check explanation but i wanna know is what theyre advising me normal or is there a problem should i be worried ?
heres the email:

Dear Madam:

Please be advised that the application is undergoing further background verifications. Unfortunately, it is not possible to predict how long these will take. Once background checks are completed, we will be able to proceed with the application.

If we require additional information, we will contact you. In the meantime, if there is any change to the information submitted for the application, please inform us as soon as possible.

Please note that we are devoting all available resources to ensure that our priority Family Class cases (spouses, partners, and dependent children) are processed as quickly as possible. This application was received in our office on 13 May 2011. Our objective is to finalize routine cases within 13 months of the date of receipt. Since further checks are required, this is not a routine case and finalizing it might take longer.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Regards,

Immigration Section
Embassy of Canada, Damascus
P.O. Box 3394
There's no problem... it's again one of those std letters, informing u to wait & that the b/g checks r 'on'.

Ramz27

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
File in Damascus May 13 2011
Med's Request
sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
qorax said:
There's no problem... it's again one of those std letters, informing u to wait & that the b/g checks r 'on'.
thank you i appreciate the feedback ..im not too sure what u do but you seem to know a lot about this...its the part where they say since this is not a routine case it might take longer i worried and wondered what it meant....what i a routine case and what is not do u hppen to know ?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Ramz27 said:
thank you i appreciate the feedback ..im not too sure what u do but you seem to know a lot about this...its the part where they say since this is not a routine case it might take longer i worried and wondered what it meant....what i a routine case and what is not do u hppen to know ?
Applications from certain region/s take a bit more time; and a lot seriousness; on their b/g checks...

danhass

Sep 21, 2010
US
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
Dear Captain qorax!

Could you kindly take a look at my situation as follows:

I received the CAIPS notes as well as a response from CSIS (to my fax). I'm desperately waiting for PPR. CSIS guys said they haven't even received any request from CIC or Visa-Office to conduct checks.

Some snippets from CAIPS notes (my comments in red italics)

main status section
PSDEC 1 05-08-2010
SELDEC 4 13-05-2011
BDEC 0
MEDDEC 0
OREQ 0
FINDEC 0

STATUS SEC CRIM empty below it

MEDICAL STAGE M01
MEDICAL VALIDITY 25-05-2012

RPRF NOT PAID

last few lines of activities section
REC'D $490 ON 07MAR2011. SENT TO ICR
======= BXXXXXX 08-MAR-2011 ======
RPRF X 1 PAID.
======= BXXXXXX 09-MAR-2011 ======
RECVD UPDATED FUNDS
UPDATED FBI PC FOR PI-CLEAN
======= BXXXXXX 10-MAR-2011 ======
MEDS SENT THIS DATE
======= BXXXXXX 13-MAY-2011 ======

medical secion
MOF Date: 16 Jun 2011
** IMS - Visa Notified on 21 Jun 2011, Case Status 'Assessed M01' **

PAPER FILE SENT TO PA FILE BF'D TO: PFW ON 13-12-2011 MICROLOCATOR:

PPT 14-12-2011 this is in the CASE VALIDITY DATES section ... this refers to passport expiry I guess, I have already renewed my ppt and sent them the new number and copies of pages but they haven't updated it on their system yet

As you can see in the list of activities above, there is no activity on my file after 13-MAY-2011! :(

Questions, Confusions

- If they haven't requested CSIS any checks, are they delaying my case?
(I've never been to Canada so I don't see why they would involve other agencies like CBSA etc, or even if they do, why would those agencies be taking all this time)

- Or is it possible that checks from home country are processed by RCMP not CSIS?

- Next BF'D (Dec 13) seems related to my old PPT expiry ... so maybe they would just update my file with new PPT and do nothing else! :(

- Next BF'D might actually be related to last activity (MAY 13) ... does that mean from MAY 13 to DEC 13 my file was not touched by Visa-Office at all (except for upload of Meds by CIC)? If yes, were they lying to my emails all this time with "We have requested background information from other government office(s)" ... ? ... ??? ... :'(

Thanks in advance

sunshine11

Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
March 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Jan 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2014
Interview........
god knows
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dear qorax
I need your advice...
I received replied email from CHC ND on 5th Oct. The email was:-
“Your application has been reviewed by an officer and is pending the final decision. You will be notified once all steps are complete”

My medical will expire in Feb 2012.

Plz can you tell me how long it will take CHC ND for final decision (will they take decision before Feb)and , do I need to send another email to CHC ND or not?
PLZ HELPPPPPPPPPPP

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
danhass said:
Dear Captain qorax!

Could you kindly take a look at my situation as follows:

I received the CAIPS notes as well as a response from CSIS (to my fax). I'm desperately waiting for PPR. CSIS guys said they haven't even received any request from CIC or Visa-Office to conduct checks.

Some snippets from CAIPS notes (my comments in red italics)

As you can see in the list of activities above, there is no activity on my file after 13-MAY-2011! :(

Questions, Confusions

- If they haven't requested CSIS any checks, are they delaying my case?
(I've never been to Canada so I don't see why they would involve other agencies like CBSA etc, or even if they do, why would those agencies be taking all this time)

- Or is it possible that checks from home country are processed by RCMP not CSIS?

- Next BF'D (Dec 13) seems related to my old PPT expiry ... so maybe they would just update my file with new PPT and do nothing else! :(

- Next BF'D might actually be related to last activity (MAY 13) ... does that mean from MAY 13 to DEC 13 my file was not touched by Visa-Office at all (except for upload of Meds by CIC)? If yes, were they lying to my emails all this time with "We have requested background information from other government office(s)" ... ? ... ??? ... :'(

Thanks in advance
Your CAIPS suggests that your file had been progressing smoothly. Actions were being done - queries being asked & timely responses being received.

There r things, causing delay, which r in our hands, while some might not.

1. SECCRIM - 'blank' suggests your PCCs r yet being scrutinized.
2. If your pps were expiring - u should have renewed & submitted its copies much before expiry - that saves unnecessary BF'Ds.
3. Your sec. checks might yet have not returned from any/many agencies -- incl from the Police of your hometown.
4. It's not compulsory that every case is sent to CSIS.
5. Your VO has passed your case & probably it's waiting@PHEP queue. Buffalo is know to be over-logged.

U r very likely to receive the PPRs in a few weeks.
Relax & keep the faith.

Qorax