+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Check

dgo

Mar 2, 2016
AOR: 24 April
Raised a CSE to upload a corrected document: 25 April
Medicals Passed: 20 June
Since then status is as below:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Not applicable. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

This is my current status. BG Status changed from 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.' to 'Not Applicable'. Is this IP1 or IP2?

N

newtoexpressentry

ur BG is NA right now when it goes to in process again thats IP2 (IP=in process)

Reactions: dgo

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

This is my current status. BG Status changed from 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.' to 'Not Applicable'. Is this IP1 or IP2?
No not IP2 yet, It will change to IP2 in 15-30 days after this stage. Its normal procedure part.

dgo

Mar 2, 2016

And Review of additional documents has changed from 'The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.' to 'We do not need additional documents' while Background check is still Not applicable. Does this mean anything?

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
Some help if possible please. My medicals are not passed yet, as my partner is waiting for a 6 month xray to rule out TB (which we know she hasn't got due to test in our home country). However I was under the impression that are application would be on hold and not move along, however my current status is as follows:

Background Status changed from 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.' to 'Not Applicable' on 20th June and also had a request to pay RPRF in recent weeks which was paid. any ideas on where this is at and if it is progressing?

dgo

Mar 2, 2016
Some help if possible please. My medicals are not passed yet, as my partner is waiting for a 6 month xray to rule out TB (which we know she hasn't got due to test in our home country). However I was under the impression that are application would be on hold and not move along, however my current status is as follows:

Background Status changed from 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.' to 'Not Applicable' on 20th June and also had a request to pay RPRF in recent weeks which was paid. any ideas on where this is at and if it is progressing?
From what I know, a request to pay RPRF is clear indication that the application is progressing in the right direction. You are post IP1 and pending IP2 I would think.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
And Review of additional documents has changed from 'The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.' to 'We do not need additional documents' while Background check is still Not applicable. Does this mean anything?
Yes it means you are close to IP2 now

dgo

Mar 2, 2016
Yes it means you are close to IP2 now
They requested for Addnl Family Info IMM5406. I filled in the details and submitted. However, later realized that I need to highlight the Sections in the IMM5406 document which are not applicable to me (for e.g. Children Info) as NA which I did not. I only filled in the Sections that were relevant to me (I am Single). Saw this mentioned at the top of the form and also read in some of the posts in the forum. Now however, the status has changed from 'We need additional documents' to 'We do not need additional documents' and BG has changed to IP. Can I assume that the IMM5406 document has been accepted fine and they would not get back to me asking me to fill in all sections in the document? Thanks.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
They requested for Addnl Family Info IMM5406. I filled in the details and submitted. However, later realized that I need to highlight the Sections in the IMM5406 document which are not applicable to me (for e.g. Children Info) as NA which I did not. I only filled in the Sections that were relevant to me (I am Single). Saw this mentioned at the top of the form and also read in some of the posts in the forum. Now however, the status has changed from 'We need additional documents' to 'We do not need additional documents' and BG has changed to IP. Can I assume that the IMM5406 document has been accepted fine and they would not get back to me asking me to fill in all sections in the document? Thanks.
You can never be sure till PPR, try to fill the form properly and upload via CSE again, attach a LOE along explaining that you somehow missed to mention Not Applicable. At least if they have any doubts this will clear that up, if its okay then there will b no problem either way.

Reactions: can-immi

dgo

Mar 2, 2016
Ok
You can never be sure till PPR, try to fill the form properly and upload via CSE again, attach a LOE along explaining that you somehow missed to mention Not Applicable. At least if they have any doubts this will clear that up, if its okay then there will b no problem either way.
Thanks for the reply. But just wondering if raising a CSE will further complicate matters or delay the process. Shouldn't the fact that they accepted the form and changed the status to We do not need addnl documents and started the BG mean that they must have reviewed the form already.

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
so if I am at IP1 '
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. '

what has been completed so far and what is currently being completed

sandy01

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Hi Friends,
Generally how much long these IP1, NA & IP2 stages are??
And around total how long is the process?

samuelja

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Hi Friends,
Generally how much long these IP1, NA & IP2 stages are??
And around total how long is the process?
This is in no way any generalization, but according to the latest trends and provided all the Docs submitted are upto the mark, please find the timelines below:-

1) Med Pass - Usually 25-30 days from e-AOR
2) IP1 - Usually the same day as Med Pass, else 1-10 days from Med Pass.
3) NA2 - Usually the same day as IP1, else 1-10 days from IP1.
4) IP2 - Usually 14-20 days from NA2 (Provided RPRF was paid upfront else 10-14 days from RPRF Payment date).
5) PPR - Usually 14-20 days from IP2 else can be longer than any generalization.

DISCLAIMER: Let me re-iterate, this is in no way any generalization, this is only an estimate according to the latest trends. Every case is unique and hence the timelines can vary even if e-AOR falls on the same date for multiple cases.

@KiranK, @DelPiero07, @gurik, @johnsyk -> Hope its alright to give an estimate as above. It brings a ray of hope to people who are starting to mingle around the Immigration idea.

Last edited: