+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check not started

Mndo1020

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
@Wakki
Kindly look into my case and give your expert opinion. I will be highly obliged.

I am March 2018 applicant (Outland spousal sponsorship)
Medical passed May 2018.
Application processing at LVO.
Pre arrival services letter received Feburary 2019.
My 12 months time has completed in March 2019. I sent them enquiry through web forum and they replied that you application is going through Background checks and they can't tell how long will it take to be completed becuase it is done by partner agencies in Canada.

Status on GC key.
Review of eligibility: we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Background check: We are processing your background check.

Can you please tell me what is going on with my application? And how long will it take to get PPR.
Thank you.
I am an March applicant . I have the same timeline . waiting

Ziko1505

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
uae
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
july 18,2018
AOR Received.
november 9,2018
File Transfer...
december 23,2018
Med's Request
november 11,2018
Med's Done....
november 16,2018
I applied in June 18 2018.
Outland. Married to a canadian and lives in dubai.
Wife is pregnant and moving back to canada next month and am just waiting to move aswell.
Medicals done in November, file was transfered to LVO in December. And since then haven't heard anything from them. My background check haven't even started and now it says 10weeks left for processing your visa.
Just sitting there waiting for updates. Hopefully soon.
Question.. Shall I inform LVO about our pregnancy and if yes, how should I inform them?

Mndo1020

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
Wife is pregnant and moving back to canada next month and am just waiting to move aswell.
Medicals done in November, file was transfered to LVO in December. And since then haven't heard anything from them. My background check haven't even started and now it says 10weeks left for processing your visa.
Question.. Shall I inform LVO about our pregnancy and if yes, how should I inform them?
Excuse me ,,, Didn't they know that Your Wife is pregnant !!?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
@Wakki
Kindly look into my case and give your expert opinion. I will be highly obliged.

I am March 2018 applicant (Outland spousal sponsorship)
Medical passed May 2018.
Application processing at LVO.
Pre arrival services letter received Feburary 2019.
My 12 months time has completed in March 2019. I sent them enquiry through web forum and they replied that you application is going through Background checks and they can't tell how long will it take to be completed becuase it is done by partner agencies in Canada.

Status on GC key.
Review of eligibility: we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Background check: We are processing your background check.

Can you please tell me what is going on with my application? And how long will it take to get PPR.
Thank you.
1.) Review of eligibility: "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."
2.) Review of eligibility: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"

1.) Background Check: “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”.
2.) Background Check: “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“

if the status is #(2)....its good news and in the final phase....Its not uncommon not to hear from IRCC for months.......spousal sponsorship process completion time varies depending on the Visa Office and on a case basis.......just need more patience.......relax.....its a wait game.

Reactions: KellyBlair

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Try writing your concern in the web form.

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
1.) Review of eligibility: "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."
2.) Review of eligibility: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"

1.) Background Check: “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”.
2.) Background Check: “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“

if the status is #(2)....its good news and in the final phase....Its not uncommon not to hear from IRCC for months.......spousal sponsorship process completion time varies depending on the Visa Office and on a case basis.......just need more patience.......relax.....its a wait game.
Mine is on second phase but still have to wait another 10 months as per time frame in gckey.

Ziko1505

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
uae
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
july 18,2018
AOR Received.
november 9,2018
File Transfer...
december 23,2018
Med's Request
november 11,2018
Med's Done....
november 16,2018

Review of eligibility : we are reviewing wether you meet eligibility requirements
background check: we will send you a msg when we start your background checks.
It's been like this since December 2018.

Ziko1505

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
uae
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
july 18,2018
AOR Received.
november 9,2018
File Transfer...
december 23,2018
Med's Request
november 11,2018
Med's Done....
november 16,2018
Excuse me ,,, Didn't they know that Your Wife is pregnant !!?
No, I haven't informed them yet cz Ive been told that such news won't make the process any faster, plus I really don't know who to email regarding this... Do u know any email to inform them? Much appreciated!!

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
Nothing to do but wait. Maybe order your GCMS notes if you’ve not already done so. There is no next step, we’re just unlucky and stuck and we have to keep waiting :(

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Same time line i am 10
dec and you are 9 th dec 2018 exactly same situation.Please some one guide what is next!! i know waiting is there but next step ??
This is what is shown in the account, sometimes you don't see an update in the account, the best way to take an update is by calling the agent or order the notes

Reactions: laport2018

Salz_yahoo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
@Immigration_guru
see a lot of April 2019 AOR getting their PPRs but for me the criminality & security hasn’t started also. I’m also April AOR.
What could the reason be? Any leads?
The eligibility was met in June itself and since then there has been no movement in the file.
*File at Ottawa
* family of 1+ 2
* travel history - 3 countries
* valid tourist visa of canada

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
@Immigration_guru
see a lot of April 2019 AOR getting their PPRs but for me the criminality & security hasn’t started also. I’m also April AOR.
What could the reason be? Any leads?
The eligibility was met in June itself and since then there has been no movement in the file.
*File at Ottawa
* family of 1+ 2
* travel history - 3 countries
* valid tourist visa of canada
every application is processed differently. People are sitting from last 10 months plus and have still not received PPR and there are people from AOR April who received PPR. So have patience.
Did you order GCMS or Call recently ?