Star Member
May 16, 2018
@Wakki if you can guide with your expert advise

my timeline
App recieved June 12 2018
SA 17th august 2018
MEP: 11 september 2018
now its more than 2 months ( 78 days ) since MEP
it seems i am stuck at IP1 stage , when order GCMS notes eligibility & criminality not stared but on GC key eligiility under process since begening
GCms says info sharing from partner - internal system error

any idea when i can expect IP@ to begin and PPR

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017

Most straight forward Outland Spousal Sponsorship follow these process steps (the order of the steps may vary)
  1. Application received at IRCC
  2. IRCC start processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  6. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  7. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  8. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  9. Medical Exam Result
  10. Passport Request (PPR)
  11. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)
Spousal sponsorship process completion time varies depending on the visa office and on a case basis.......will advice you assume process from AOR to completion takes 12 months to help reduce the waiting stress.......relax.....its a wait game

Reactions: Lanak

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
Oh relax ! London visa office is a slow office so don’t panic and I suggest that u stop tracking and digging for at least 2 months hhhh ! Otherwise , u might get anxiety attack .. no seriously! My husband’s application was transferred to London in July and we have not heard anything since then and they have not started our BGC yet ! So I doubt that you will hear anything from London before March of next year !

My husband lives in Abu Dhabi

Lanak

Dec 26, 2018
When eligibility assessment is started or completed.......the message for Review of Eligibility.....will be (2)....below;

2.) Review of eligibility: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"

When Background check is started or completed.......the message for Background Check......will be (2).....below;

2.) Background Check: “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“
Sorry so if it says we are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements, means it’s completed?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
either started or completed.....sometimes after completion of eligibility assessment, you receive pre-arrival letter.

Princemad

Jan 9, 2019
You just applied in June 2018.....and need to be patient as you are just starting......IRCC will inform you if your sponsorship will be processed abroad or inside Canada.

Most straight forward Outland Spousal Sponsorship follow these process steps (the order of the steps may vary)
  1. Application received at IRCC Mississauga
  2. CIC Mississauga start processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Upload Schedule A form
  6. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  7. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  8. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  9. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  10. Medical Exam Result
  11. Passport Request (PPR)
  12. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)
Spousal sponsorship process completion time varies depending on the Visa Office and on a case basis.......regardless of where your sponsorship is processed (abroad or inside Canada) will advice you assume process completion takes 12months to help reduce the waiting stress.......relax.....its a wait game.
Hi
What are the steps for inland

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Hello,
My AOR date is 24th Oct, my medical got clear on 23rd Nov. Now my application status does not change.
Review of Eligibility- We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background check says- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

What does this mean? and how long this can take? if anyone can suggest, it would be of great help.
Thanks a lot.
Mine is the same, AOR was December , finished and passed medicals January . Sponsor was approved December as well. Since medicals passed there have been no updates.
Only that eligibility is in progress and background check not started . Not even sure if the transfer to visa office has taken place . It’s a long ride so I’m just being patient .

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

Lanak

Dec 26, 2018
Mine is the same, AOR was December , finished and passed medicals January . Sponsor was approved December as well. Since medicals passed there have been no updates.
Only that eligibility is in progress and background check not started . Not even sure if the transfer to visa office has taken place . It’s a long ride so I’m just being patient .
Same here it’s been over 3 months since medical done and no news.

Zainbutt67

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Hi
@Wakki
Aor 17 dec
Biometric 3 jan
SA 04 jan
Medical request 05 jan
Medical passed 11th jan
After that nothing
Gckey status
Eligibility: reviewing eligibility
Background: processing background
But no file transfer no aor 2
What should i do

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
do nothing but wait and be patient......most sponsorship are processed within 12 months....its not uncommon not to hear from IRCC for awhile.....patience.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Id
if

if 2 line is shown in our gckey what's d exact mean .
2.) Review of eligibility: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".......eligibility assessment has either started

2.) Background Check: “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“....bgc has started.