+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bachelor of Law (LLB) ECA

AndyIndUAE

Apr 17, 2020
United Arab Emirates
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Bhai I went with WES. Got an email this morning. They've given me a "First Professional Degree" equivalency for my 3 year LL.B. from CLC (Law Fac.). I don't know how or why they choose to give some people a professional equivalency and others a bachelors. Just luck I guess.
I had written to the IRCC Minister for clarity on the issue. Got the following response:
Dear *&^*&^*&^*&^:
Thank you for your correspondence of December 21, 2020, addressed to the Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, regarding the assessment of foreign credentials for immigration purposes.
I appreciate you sharing the circumstances that prompted you to write. In order to receive points under the Express Entry category, applicants must undergo an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) from an organization designated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to verify that the foreign degree, diploma, certificate or other credential they obtained outside Canada is valid and equal to a completed credential in Canada for the purpose of immigrating to Canada. A list of the organizationsclients can use to obtain an ECA can be found on the IRCC Website.
Please note that Employment and Social Development Canada has overall leadership regarding foreign qualification recognition. Moreover, designated credential assessment agencies, such as International Qualifications Assessment Service and World Education Services, are independent from IRCC. As such, IRCC is unable to intervene in their assessments.
While I understand that this may not be the response you had anticipated, I hope that you will find this information to be helpful.

Sincerely,
F. Macmillan
Ministerial Enquiries Division

[emphasis is supplied by me]

I had also written to WES. Same fate.

IQAS is pretty much undoable right now because of the daily limit.

So here is my 100% successful SOP for every person who wants to apply to WES:
1. Apply to WES.
2. Go to your choice of religious institution.
3. Pray.
Don't worry. WES assess all Indian law degrees equivalent to Juris Doctor.

I got same result in Q4 2018

jasmineD

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Hi everyone, I am looking to get my BALLB degree (5 Years) from Panjab University evaluated, shall I go for IQAS or WES? Has WES ever issued FPD to BALLB degree?

jasmineD

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Hey guys,
Just to let everyone know, that my degree has been assessed as 'First Professional Degree' (which is equivalent as masters). I had B.A.LL.B(H). It was an integrated course for 5 years from IP University.
So, good luck to everyone.
Hi, Was it through IQAS?

mapleleaf523

Apr 12, 2019
Hi, just to let you know that I received my PPR today. I was in the same situation as all of you. I had an LLB degree from UK and it was assessed as 4-year bachelor degree by WES. But I went ahead with my application along with a detailed letter of explanation and it got accepted.

Reactions: Realnice

Singh_ig

Jan 21, 2021
Bhai I went with WES. Got an email this morning. They've given me a "First Professional Degree" equivalency for my 3 year LL.B. from CLC (Law Fac.). I don't know how or why they choose to give some people a professional equivalency and others a bachelors. Just luck I guess.
I had written to the IRCC Minister for clarity on the issue. Got the following response:
Dear *&^*&^*&^*&^:
Thank you for your correspondence of December 21, 2020, addressed to the Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, regarding the assessment of foreign credentials for immigration purposes.
I appreciate you sharing the circumstances that prompted you to write. In order to receive points under the Express Entry category, applicants must undergo an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) from an organization designated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to verify that the foreign degree, diploma, certificate or other credential they obtained outside Canada is valid and equal to a completed credential in Canada for the purpose of immigrating to Canada. A list of the organizationsclients can use to obtain an ECA can be found on the IRCC Website.
Please note that Employment and Social Development Canada has overall leadership regarding foreign qualification recognition. Moreover, designated credential assessment agencies, such as International Qualifications Assessment Service and World Education Services, are independent from IRCC. As such, IRCC is unable to intervene in their assessments.
While I understand that this may not be the response you had anticipated, I hope that you will find this information to be helpful.

Sincerely,
F. Macmillan
Ministerial Enquiries Division

[emphasis is supplied by me]

I had also written to WES. Same fate.

IQAS is pretty much undoable right now because of the daily limit.

So here is my 100% successful SOP for every person who wants to apply to WES:
1. Apply to WES.
2. Go to your choice of religious institution.
3. Pray.
Your comment has been tremendous help bhai . Thanks a ton . Bro i have a couple more questions regarding eca , mera number 9590000062 . Bhai , I would appreciate it if you could get in touch me and help me out .

Dec 20, 2020
Bro , your college ?
Bro , I also have LLB 3 years . Help me out please. I don't know what would my ECA be and how would CIC view my LLB 3 year ( Punjabi University Patiala)
Dear I have BALLB IN WES FIRST PROFESSIONAL DEGREE IN LAW ( Juris Doctor) now m in the process of EEBC PNP but are not considering equivalent to master now I have a some time for reply to EEBC PNP program advisor

Dec 20, 2020
Dear I have BALLB IN WES FIRST PROFESSIONAL DEGREE IN LAW ( Juris Doctor) now m in the process of EEBC PNP but are not considering equivalent to master now I have a some time for reply to EEBC PNP program advisor

Singh_ig

Jan 21, 2021
Anybody who has done LLB 3 year in India ? I have a few questions regarding ECA through WES , please get in touch with me

KuldeepBiswal

Feb 19, 2021
Your comment has been tremendous help bhai . Thanks a ton . Bro i have a couple more questions regarding eca , mera number 9590000062 . Bhai , I would appreciate it if you could get in touch me and help me out .
Can you please help me out as well. I am stuck exactly in the same position. my whatsapp : 9011000359

punsi

Mar 2, 2021
Hi! I have the same concern. I have been trying to create the application via IQAS but it says everyday that the daily number of applications is limited and asks to try another day. Please advise if WES would assess my 3 year LLB from University of London (International Program)

MUSAH JOSEPH

Jun 5, 2020
I have been unable to access IQAS for two months now. It keeps saying daily limit exceeded. Please who can be of help?

Stella 2021

May 14, 2021
I evaluated my 3 year llb uk degree with CES and i got bachelors degree equivalent. I was hoping to get first professional degree but i was told that a uk llb is 3yrs while a Canadian llb is 5yrs therefore mine falls under a bachelor's degree equivalent.

Please has anyone evaluated their uk llb alone with iqas?