+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bachelor of Law (LLB) ECA

Ashruth

Jul 12, 2020
Posting this so that it might helpful to someone.

Did my ECA from CES for my BBA LLB Honours degree obtained from University of Calicut.

The outcome is the follows:-
Canadian Equivalency Outcome:
Outcome 1: Three-year Bachelor's degree from a recognized university
Credential(s) Applicable: Credential 1
Outcome 2:First professional degree in Law from a recognized
university

Credential(s) Applicable: Credential 1

That is masters equivalency.

The following is my timeline

March 1: Transcript received at CES
March 26: Information reviewed
April 27: Documents Accepted for review
Oct 2: Documents Authenticated
Oct 8: ECA report ready and electronic copy recieved on same day.

llbpune

Oct 9, 2021
I am currently in same situation where I read that wes is likely to send me a 4 year degree equivalency. Can anyone please guide me here. Other agencies are not taking atleast 6 months.

Stella 2021

May 14, 2021
I am currently in same situation where I read that wes is likely to send me a 4 year degree equivalency. Can anyone please guide me here. Other agencies are not taking atleast 6 months.
I used iqas, my 3 yr llb was evaluated as a first professional degree. It took about 2.5 months.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi are you sure CES gives professional degree to baLLB 5 year course? When I asked about it to them they were silent and choose to answer that it is part of the process how we identify a degree.
IQAS is better.

llbpune

Oct 9, 2021
Hello Friends, I just want to point one thing out about LLB degree evaluation.

IRCC has clarified on twitter that
If your credential was assessed as a Bachelor of Laws (must specifically state Bachelor of Laws), then this would be considered to be a First Professional Degree needed to practice in a licensed profession. In that case you claim the extra points.

Tweet link

https://ibb.co/tJg7Fjs

Reactions: Mr_Vino

datartist123

Apr 13, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I have 5 years integrated Law degree (BA LLB) from Chaudhary Charan Singh University and am looking forward to do an ECA. However, not sure whether to choose WES, IQAS or CES for credential assessment.
Can somebody please guide, which of these will give Professional degree equivalency and not a 4 years Bachelor's degree equivalency.

Also, does the division matters in the degree for credential assessment? since I have 2nd division (~52%).

Thanks,
Karan

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello Everyone,

I have 5 years integrated Law degree (BA LLB) from Chaudhary Charan Singh University and am looking forward to do an ECA. However, not sure whether to choose WES, IQAS or CES for credential assessment.
Can somebody please guide, which of these will give Professional degree equivalency and not a 4 years Bachelor's degree equivalency.

Also, does the division matters in the degree for credential assessment? since I have 2nd division (~52%).

Thanks,
Karan
Choose IQAS, they can give professional.

Reactions: datartist123

anulyka

Sep 11, 2022
While trying to fill my IQAS application online for ECA, it shows me this warning message that my institution is "Conditional Institution Status" they may or may not be assessed. Is anyone else facing this issue? Can you please help and share your experience whether your degree was successfully assessed by IQAS in this condition or not ? Thanks

anulyka

Sep 11, 2022
Apart from IQAS, is there any other evaluation institution that can assess my Bachelor of Law as a professional degree for Canadian express entry?