+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bachelor of Law (LLB) ECA

Devils advocate

Dec 8, 2019
t

That is such a great news to hear. Can you confirm when did you get your educational credentials assessed from WES? Also if you can tell from where did you complete your LLB?
I got it on jan 20th 2020 n I did my llb n llm from Delhi university India

dk712

May 2, 2020
Ah I see you had a bachelors before that. Would it be possible for you to share your report, I know it's too much to ask for but it 'd be a small request from my hand.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
You can always block out your name and your personal details and just leave the qualification and the equivalence, just a suggestion. But we understand if you don't want to.

Because it seems you have a previous degree, then did your bachelors in law and also an LLM? which would make your degree more like the conventional JD.

Reactions: dk712
Apr 28, 2019
Hi, did you get any positive response from IQAS on this, would love to hear if things worked out for you in a positive manner? Many thanks!
Hey. IQAS took its time. But evaluated my five-year dual degree (BA LLB Honours) as a professional degree preceded by prerequisite university study. "The Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws degree generally compares to the completion of a first professional university degree in law, preceded by prerequisite university study."

While people in the past have relied on IRCC's guidelines stating that a Law degree, even if bachelors, can be counted as a professional degree. I have found out about cases where post ITA stage, IRCC created problems. Best to go for IQAS if you ask me. Worth the wait.

Reactions: idonor and dk712

dk712

May 2, 2020
Hey. IQAS took its time. But evaluated my five-year dual degree (BA LLB Honours) as a professional degree preceded by prerequisite university study. "The Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws degree generally compares to the completion of a first professional university degree in law, preceded by prerequisite university study."

While people in the past have relied on IRCC's guidelines stating that a Law degree, even if bachelors, can be counted as a professional degree. I have found out about cases where post ITA stage, IRCC created problems. Best to go for IQAS if you ask me. Worth the wait.
Thank you for your reply. My bachelors of Law degree isn't preceded by any other Bachelors. The UK doesn't have such a requirement. My Degree is Bachelors in Law (Honours). So do you still believe IQAS will provide me with Professional Degree Equivalence?

Apr 28, 2019
I can
Thank you for your reply. My bachelors of Law degree isn't preceded by any other Bachelors. The UK doesn't have such a requirement. My Degree is Bachelors in Law (Honours). So do you still believe IQAS will provide me with Professional Degree Equivalence?
I can't say for sure. But you might want to check out the pdfs on this link. These are IQAS country-wise guides for UK. You could search for "law" in these guides, they will give you a more definitive answer.

https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-education-guide-united-kingdom.aspx

Reactions: dk712

dk712

May 2, 2020
Thank you for taking the time out to make a reply. But I guess Bachelors of Law degree from the UK wouldn't get a professional degree equivalence, be it for WES or IQAS, since the credentials comparison chart of UK doesn't say anything explicitly about law degrees and all the bachelors as per the chart get the bachelors equivalence. Unlike, Indian and Pakistani comparison chart which clearly state that a 5 degree integrated LLB, or an LLB followed by a Bachelors calls out for Professional Certificate.

idonor

Oct 20, 2015

This has been overflogged for many years! Please follow Aurangzeb's advice, in order not to waste time on nothing!

AndyIndUAE

Apr 17, 2020
United Arab Emirates
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
You can always block out your name and your personal details and just leave the qualification and the equivalence, just a suggestion. But we understand if you don't want to.

Because it seems you have a previous degree, then did your bachelors in law and also an LLM? which would make your degree more like the conventional JD.
I also received similar assessment from WES in 2018 as "First Professional Degree / Juris Doctor".

I've done 3 year law from Mumbai University in 2014 although I have previous bachelors degree and other professional qualification.

dk712

May 2, 2020
That's great to hear. From which university did you complete your LLB.

Also, if you could kindly share how much time did they took. I have submitted my application a few days ago.