+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BABY DELIVERY IN CALGARY

zayash

Jun 5, 2011
HI,

WE R LANDING IN MAY AND OUR BABY EXPECTED IN JULY. KINDLY TELL US THE PROCEDURE OF REGISTRATION AND OTHER FORMALITIES OF DELIVERING A BABY IN CALGARY.

zayash

Jun 5, 2011
very strange, not a single member of forum has any experience or news about procedure how to proceed with baby delivery of a new comer IN CALGARY

Please come forward and help.

xecuter

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

Congrats on your new baby!!!

When you come to Calgary, you will need to register your spouse with the local community health center. Every community has a health center so it depends on where you live.

Once she is registered there, they will ask for her vaccination card and will be assigned a Doctor who will follow up with her all the way till delivery. The Dr. will also direct you to which hospital your spouse will do her delivery.

I am not sure if you have an Alberta Health Card? If not, you will need to apply for it as soon as you touch down!!! It is very important. From the day you apply until you receive your health cards, save any medical expense receipts as you can claim them back from the government upon receipt of health cards.

Hope this helps!!!

Good luck!

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
hi there,

first congrats for u and ur wife in advance.
second, get Alberta health care card as soon as u land,but better u ask them about their rules,i think they request a 6 month presence in Alberta from a 12 month period otherwise they might back charge u which will be very expensive.....there is HEALTH section in this forum better paste ur questions there as they are more concerned about HEALTH questions......

regards

A. Khan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zayash said:
HI,

WE R LANDING IN MAY AND OUR BABY EXPECTED IN JULY. KINDLY TELL US THE PROCEDURE OF REGISTRATION AND OTHER FORMALITIES OF DELIVERING A BABY IN CALGARY.
Just take your wife to a hospital the next day you land. The hospital will do all the formalities & they will even suggest you where to go & which office to meet. Dont worry about this.

zayash

Jun 5, 2011
Thanks,

One another question, wat I know I will get the health card after a wk of submission of application, Is local registry issue any number that I can use to get the health service or I wait to get the card.