Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
canada_dream100 said:
One of my friend visits Canada often, since that trip is only for weekends, he can use his USA licence/registration/insurance.

Can someone please share, what is the case for PR applicant,

If someone moves from USA to Canada; in that case, in how many days/weeks/months one need to get Canada driver licence, registration & insurance.
OR till how many days one can use USA licence/registration/insurance.

Thanks.
In most nations with an International DL or a [fully] Swappable DL u can drive for 3-6 months (depending on the rules of the land), with a Visitor's/TRV/PRV. In Canada, most provinces give u 3 months, but Ontario allows u to drive for 2 months only. Within that timeframe u r required to obtain the current province's DL.

Qorax

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
qorax said:
In most nations with an International DL or a [fully] Swappable DL u can drive for 3-6 months (depending on the rules of the land), with a Visitor's/TRV/PRV. In Canada, most provinces give u 3 months, but Ontario allows u to drive for 2 months only. Within that timeframe u r required to obtain the current province's DL.

Qorax
Thanks you very much for your reply.

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:

Qorax
yes Qorax is right, i live in NB province, i was given 3months time to get my DL from Canada.

if you have US DL, it is very easy here, you can just exchange it for Canada DL with no written exam and driving exam. but it does cost 85$.

i'v had Indian DL and i gave both exams to get my Canada DL

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
balu0427 said:
yes Qorax is right, i live in NB province, i was given 3months time to get my DL from Canada.

if you have US DL, it is very easy here, you can just exchange it for Canada DL with no written exam and driving exam. but it does cost 85$.

i'v had Indian DL and i gave both exams to get my Canada DL
thanks...