+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization to return to Canada.

Blackstar20

Dec 9, 2020
What is the average timeline for ARC. My husband applied in December 2020.
We emailed the office in Trinidad and they said the application is still under review.
I would love to know howmuch longer it will take

Usr1997

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
There is honestly no straight forward answer to your question. Perhaps you could contact your MP ?
they'd make a formal inquiry about your file .

exquisite

Star Member
May 15, 2009
Hi Everyone,

My parents were deported in 2012 as they were failed refugee claimants. They left as told and purchased their own tickets at the time. We got lucky and got invited to apply for the 2019 parent sponsorship. Fast forward to now, they have submitted their background check (still processing) and have passed their medicals. We got a letter requesting for an ARC.

Included in the letter is that we must complete IMM5257 form. When I downloaded this, its for a Temporary Resident Visa. Is this normal? This confused me a bit as we are apply under permanent residence and I'm concerned that this may cause a confusion.

I know that this is the last stretch but I was expecting that we would just be asked to pay with ARC being processed in the context of application and would jsut be required to pay and write a letter. Does anyone have a similar experience? Thank you!

Usr1997

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Hi Everyone,

My parents were deported in 2012 as they were failed refugee claimants. They left as told and purchased their own tickets at the time. We got lucky and got invited to apply for the 2019 parent sponsorship. Fast forward to now, they have submitted their background check (still processing) and have passed their medicals. We got a letter requesting for an ARC.

Included in the letter is that we must complete IMM5257 form. When I downloaded this, its for a Temporary Resident Visa. Is this normal? This confused me a bit as we are apply under permanent residence and I'm concerned that this may cause a confusion.

I know that this is the last stretch but I was expecting that we would just be asked to pay with ARC being processed in the context of application and would jsut be required to pay and write a letter. Does anyone have a similar experience? Thank you!
Hi there , i hope you’ve gotten a response , but incase you didn’t .
I’d advise filling out the form , and alongside the form write a normal ARC explanation letter , and make sure you mention about the PR and the form they requested , that way if there really is a a problem they wont need anything from you to move forward with the ARC.

I’ve only heard of that form when Criminal rehab is involved or Someone is visiting on a Temp Visa.

wish you well

Reactions: scarfacegf

scarfacegf

Star Member
Oct 22, 2019
Hello folks. I have been thinking about my arc process. Ircc requested Arc fee payment which I did 2 months ago and explanation was please pay arc fee and send us to barcode payment letter there was no anything explanation about arc letter. Last month I received removal payment fee and I did. However I haven’t submit and sent any letter for Arc. I am really confused I might would something missing for arc because I didn’t send any letter. But when I received removal payment email I thought my arc approved. Could you guys share me if somebody has any experience like me ?

Usr1997

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Hello folks. I have been thinking about my arc process. Ircc requested Arc fee payment which I did 2 months ago and explanation was please pay arc fee and send us to barcode payment letter there was no anything explanation about arc letter. Last month I received removal payment fee and I did. However I haven’t submit and sent any letter for Arc. I am really confused I might would something missing for arc because I didn’t send any letter. But when I received removal payment email I thought my arc approved. Could you guys share me if somebody has any experience like me ?
Don't sweat it , the letter part is mostly formalities . had it been a crucial element in the ARC process they'd have told you about it .

Reactions: scarfacegf