File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They rejected my request 5 times now. I’ve emphasised my situation with every detail and attached all the documents as well as the doctor’s letter. I don’t know what else to do and I’m desperate as I would have no one else here to support me and I’ll be by myself. At the 4th refusal they advised me to go though the PHAC route and apply under Compassionate Reasons but they refused me as well saying I should apply for family reunification which I already did. I need help.
If you have five refusals then I think you need to seriously think about an alternative plan. Coming to Canada while the travel restrictions are in place may not be possible for you. Can your mother leave Canada and return to your home country to be with you instead?

Good luck.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They rejected my request 5 times now. I’ve emphasised my situation with every detail and attached all the documents as well as the doctor’s letter. I don’t know what else to do and I’m desperate as I would have no one else here to support me and I’ll be by myself. At the 4th refusal they advised me to go though the PHAC route and apply under Compassionate Reasons but they refused me as well saying I should apply for family reunification which I already did. I need help.
The biggest issue is that you are essentially telling IRCC that your sister is in the middle of a medical crisis and you are asking for her to be able to come and potentially need to take up healthcare resources.

sandhu70

Dec 1, 2016
I wanted to visit my wife who is a student in Canada. We got married in November 2020. I have a valid visitor visa which was approved on 18 February 2021.

Request for travel authorization Letter
Applied on 23 February 2021
My request was denied on the same day.
Reason for refusal:
Based on our assessment of the information you provided and the information in our system, we have not found that you meet the immediate family member exemption.
In particular:
  • you have not established that your reasons for travelling are non-discretionary or non-optional.
    • The travel restrictions apply to all travel of an optional or discretionary nature, such as tourism, entertainment or recreation.

Any suggestions on what should I do next, Can I apply again? Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I wanted to visit my wife who is a student in Canada. We got married in November 2020. I have a valid visitor visa which was approved on 18 February 2021.

Request for travel authorization Letter
Applied on 23 February 2021
My request was denied on the same day.
Reason for refusal:
Based on our assessment of the information you provided and the information in our system, we have not found that you meet the immediate family member exemption.
In particular:
  • you have not established that your reasons for travelling are non-discretionary or non-optional.
    • The travel restrictions apply to all travel of an optional or discretionary nature, such as tourism, entertainment or recreation.

Any suggestions on what should I do next, Can I apply again? Thanks
You have to state why your travel is essential. An example is your wife has medical issues and doctor’s notes so she needs your support.

Reactions: sandhu70

JoeJD

Feb 24, 2021
Here's the timeline it took for my fiancée to get her approval:

Visa status: Valid eTA
Date applied: Jan 28, 2021 (Webform)
Approval received: Feb 2, 2021

I am a PR in Canada.
That seems very fast. My Filipino gf did her biometrics on the 29th of December, but still no approval of her tourist visa application. We recieved our 10 month old daughter's two year CAD passport weeks ago.

sandhu70

Dec 1, 2016
You have to state why your travel is essential. An example is your wife has medical issues and doctor’s notes so she needs your support.
I mentioned this for travel reason
Reason for travel:
I got married on November , 2020 in India. My spouse's first birthday after marriage will be on March , 2021 and I plan to travel to Canada so we can be together on that special day and spend some time together. I hereby confirm that my visit is only for a non-discretionary purpose which is to live with my spouse.
Planned Travel dates: Arrival in Canada March 03, 2021
Departure from Canada March 24, 2021

Isnt staying with spouse a non discretionary purpose?

sandhu70

Dec 1, 2016
Thanks. For reapplying travel authorization letter , should I send a new email or just reply to the email in which they refused my first request?
Suggestions Please

keershy0911

Jan 25, 2021
I mentioned this for travel reason
Reason for travel:
I got married on November , 2020 in India. My spouse's first birthday after marriage will be on March , 2021 and I plan to travel to Canada so we can be together on that special day and spend some time together. I hereby confirm that my visit is only for a non-discretionary purpose which is to live with my spouse.
Planned Travel dates: Arrival in Canada March 03, 2021
Departure from Canada March 24, 2021

Isnt staying with spouse a non discretionary purpose?
I think you should apply stating your reason as "wanting to reunite with my spouse"rather than celebrations or spending sometime.
Ircc clearly mentions that any travel for leisure or celebration or vacation isn't considered essential.
Also your stay should be longer than 15 days.I think the period you gave is very short and hence they have rejected it.
I got my authorization as I stated that me and my daughter want to reunite with my husband who's in Canada and we are separated due to the pandemic.
Try your luck by writing an authorization for reuniting and living with your wife as a family and that you have no other intentions to do in Canada.

sandhu70

Dec 1, 2016
I think you should apply stating your reason as "wanting to reunite with my spouse"rather than celebrations or spending sometime.
Ircc clearly mentions that any travel for leisure or celebration or vacation isn't considered essential.
Also your stay should be longer than 15 days.I think the period you gave is very short and hence they have rejected it.
I got my authorization as I stated that me and my daughter want to reunite with my husband who's in Canada and we are separated due to the pandemic.
Try your luck by writing an authorization for reuniting and living with your wife as a family and that you have no other intentions to do in Canada.
Yes, I think I made a mistake mentioning birthday. I wrote the same for travel purpose for visa application and my visa got approved so I thought both should match a little bit. Now I am confused what to write in reapply email without contradicting the first one. Any suggestions, please..

keershy0911

Jan 25, 2021
Yes, I think I made a mistake mentioning birthday. I wrote the same for travel purpose for visa application and my visa got approved so I thought both should match a little bit. Now I am confused what to write in reapply email without contradicting the first one. Any suggestions, please..
That's okay..since your visa is approved, leave that aside.Write an authorization email mentioning the words "reuniting with my spouse" and "separated due to covid" as much as possible.Also mention that you are married and you want to start your family life and hence hoping to travel.Ircc gives importance for family reunification travel purposes, so keep this in mind and also they are looking for people who will stay for a bit in Canada.write an authorization accordingly and attach all supporting documents which prove the relationship between you and your wife.

aliasgirl

Feb 28, 2021
my bf applied for a visa to reunite with me and got approved feb 19. We followed the rules and applied for the authorization and visa at the same time as the website mentioned they will make the decision at the same time if you didn't already have a visa and to apply for both via usual process, ie no need to email. We uploaded the authorization form notorized under proof of relationship. However, we did not receive an answer about the authorization yet. We just got a passport request and that the application is approved. Does anyone know what the process is if you apply for both a trv and authorization at the same time? Any clarity or advice is appreciated.

Reactions: Preet53

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
my bf applied for a visa to reunite with me and got approved feb 19. We followed the rules and applied for the authorization and visa at the same time as the website mentioned they will make the decision at the same time if you didn't already have a visa and to apply for both via usual process, ie no need to email. We uploaded the authorization form notorized under proof of relationship. However, we did not receive an answer about the authorization yet. We just got a passport request and that the application is approved. Does anyone know what the process is if you apply for both a trv and authorization at the same time? Any clarity or advice is appreciated.
What was the timeline of your visa if you can please share it?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You say you got approved on February 19...approved for what? Where is your BF from? Authorization approval can take weeks and sometimes months to process.

aliasgirl

Feb 28, 2021
You say you got approved on February 19...approved for what? Where is your BF from? Authorization approval can take weeks and sometimes months to process.
Approved for a TRV. Country is Serbia. They have a very short turnaround time 34 days on website. We applied for both TRV and authorization at the same time as per instructions on the website.