February 1, 2014
Med's Done....
February 4 & 6, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not required
Hi There,

I have just received my Australian police check and everything looks fine UNTIL I read the following from CIC -

Which Australian police certificates are not acceptable - "Certificates issued on the basis of a 'Complete Disclosure'........

What does this mean?

I obtained a National Police Certificate which is titled 'Complete Disclosure' All recorded offences released, Name Check Only.

I know it states - enter 'code number 35' but it doesn't list the code numbers in the list. I chose Immigration/Citizenship but maybe should have chosen 'Overseas employment/visa'????

Help please!!!

jensaus

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2013
AOR Received.
July 10, 2013
Med's Request
February 1, 2014
Med's Done....
February 4 & 6, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not required
Just downloaded application form, should have done that in the first place instead of online, grrrrrr!

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jensaus said:
Hi There,

I have just received my Australian police check and everything looks fine UNTIL I read the following from CIC -

Which Australian police certificates are not acceptable - "Certificates issued on the basis of a 'Complete Disclosure'........

What does this mean?

I obtained a National Police Certificate which is titled 'Complete Disclosure' All recorded offences released, Name Check Only.

I know it states - enter 'code number 35' but it doesn't list the code numbers in the list. I chose Immigration/Citizenship but maybe should have chosen 'Overseas employment/visa'????

Help please!!!
Did you already refer to this link?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi jensaus

Yes, you should have chosen "Overseas employment/visa", as the "Immigration/Citizenship" options refers to immigrating to Australia.

Unfortunately, you're going to have to request another certificate. Do it online again, just select "Overseas employment/visa" this time and you will receive the Standard Disclosure that CIC asks for.

jensaus

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2013
AOR Received.
July 10, 2013
Med's Request
February 1, 2014
Med's Done....
February 4 & 6, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not required
All done :) I've been so anal during this application process and I missed such a simple instruction.....ah well, at least the check's aren't too expensive.

pmpm

Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2013; 25-11-2013 medicals received
Passport Req..
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-07-2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi jensaus

Yes, you should have chosen "Overseas employment/visa", as the "Immigration/Citizenship" options refers to immigrating to Australia.

Unfortunately, you're going to have to request another certificate. Do it online again, just select "Overseas employment/visa" this time and you will receive the Standard Disclosure that CIC asks for.
Hi Canuck and Jensaus

I have got Australian certificate which says exactly that you mentioned:
'Complete Disclosure' All recorded offences released, Name Check Only.
I had chosen 'Overseas employment/visa`.

Do I need to ask for another NPC from Australia??

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If you chose "Overseas Employment/Visa", it should have given you a Standard Disclosure. I suggest contacting AFP to see if they can check your request, they might keep it on file. If you did in fact select "Overseas Employment/Visa", then the AFP has made a mistake and should hopefully arrange for a proper one to be sent.

I tried to post the image but it just wasn't showing up, so here is a link to a pic of what the certificate should look like. https://www.dropbox.com/s/epj5714pi2u5l1o/2013-04-21%2011.16.13.jpg

Let me know if the link doesn't work :)

pmpm

Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2013; 25-11-2013 medicals received
Passport Req..
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-07-2014
canuck_in_uk said:
If you chose "Overseas Employment/Visa", it should have given you a Standard Disclosure. I suggest contacting AFP to see if they can check your request, they might keep it on file. If you did in fact select "Overseas Employment/Visa", then the AFP has made a mistake and should hopefully arrange for a proper one to be sent.

I tried to post the image but it just wasn't showing up, so here is a link to a pic of what the certificate should look like. https://www.dropbox.com/s/epj5714pi2u5l1o/2013-04-21%2011.16.13.jpg

Let me know if the link doesn't work :)
Thanks a ton Canuck, I could see the image.
This morning after reading this post, I sent a query mail to AFP regarding this. Yeah, I did select Overseas employment/visa, it was asked at the very first page in online application (purpose of check). Hope AFP gets this resolved.

My concern is I have already submitted application and received AOR on 18th April, will VO ask me to resubmit the correct one or simply return/reject my application once they start assessing documents. Though I doubt that my file will be processed for another couple of months, but I really don't know what CIC could/would do... ???

Bona64

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
I just realized I am in the same boat. I too have sent off a "COMPLETE DISCLOSURE" NPC!!!!! I put 33 - Immigration/Citizenship as the purpose of check. Reading the above link I should have put 35.

My application was submitted September 2012 and am not far off MR. Is it too late for me to reapply for a new STANDARD DISCLOSURE NPC?? Or will they deny my application or ask for a new NPC and delay my process?

Any help from seniors would be much appreciated please.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Bona64 said:
My application was submitted September 2012 and am not far off MR. Is it too late for me to reapply for a new STANDARD DISCLOSURE NPC?? Or will they deny my application or ask for a new NPC and delay my process?
They won't reject or send back an application for that, they will simply request the right certificate. This wouldn't delay it for very long, as it only takes about 3 weeks or less to get the certificate.

There is always the chance that the VO won't notice but I wouldn't gamble on it because the CIC website specifically states that they don't accept the Complete Disclosure. I would suggest that instead of waiting for them to request it, you just send off for the Standard Disclosure now. Best to have it sent to you, then you can forward it on with all your details and file number, along with a little explanation, to make sure that it gets matched up.

At least it's only $42 AUD :)

pmpm said:
My concern is I have already submitted application and received AOR on 18th April, will VO ask me to resubmit the correct one or simply return/reject my application once they start assessing documents. Though I doubt that my file will be processed for another couple of months, but I really don't know what CIC could/would do... ???
Same as above :) except I would suggest waiting to hear back from AFP. If they can see that you selected "Overseas Employment/Visa", they should send you the Standard Disclosure without you having to apply and pay the fee again.

Bona64

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Thanks canuck. Just started the new application for NPC (the right one this time!!) I'm going to give the AFP a call and see if they can email me the certificate instead of posting it to cut down on time. They have done this before for me as they screwed up and sent my previous NPC to my Australian address instead of my Canadian address which is what I stated on the application.

jensaus

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2013
AOR Received.
July 10, 2013
Med's Request
February 1, 2014
Med's Done....
February 4 & 6, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not required
Well looks like I wasn't the only one.......Hope everything gets resolved for everyone. I posted off new application forms today :) Was just about to send of my application to CIC too, ah well it will have to wait another couple of weeks now :)

darkr1der

May 7, 2013
G'day - wondering if someone could help me out here - does an Australian police check require fingerprinting, or can I just proceed with the online version? FSW 2013 here.

Feedback appreciated.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
darkr1der said:
G'day - wondering if someone could help me out here - does an Australian police check require fingerprinting, or can I just proceed with the online version? FSW 2013 here.

Feedback appreciated.
Online, no fingerprints necessary.

Make sure to select "Overseas employment/visa".

Reactions: mail.srujan