+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australia Immigration

1LukeSkywalker

Jun 27, 2016
jairichi said:
From July it is fresh cap. Not yet updated in DIBP official website.

Hi jairichi! Thank you for your contribution to this thread.
I just received an invitation to apply for PR from Skill Select and I am about to submit my application. I have all of my documents ready, including my skill evaluation from Engineers Australia.
I am hoping to receive my PR confirmation very quickly, like you did, perhaps within the next 3 months.

I was wondering if you have landed in Australia yet and how you are finding the way of living over there.
Thank you in advance and wishing you the best!

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1LukeSkywalker said:
I just received an invitation to apply for PR from Skill Select and I am about to submit my application. I have all of my documents ready, including my skill evaluation from Engineers Australia.
I am hoping to receive my PR confirmation very quickly, like you did, perhaps within the next 3 months.

I was wondering if you have landed in Australia yet and how you are finding the way of living over there.
Thank you and congratulations to receive your ITA. If all documents are front loaded, get your medicals and PCC done and assigned to Adelaide team you will get your visa within a month. I am still in UK. Had given a Skype interview for an employer at Perth and waiting for an outcome this week. Having said that if nothing materializes we are going to land in Australia by 2nd week of August. We are planning to move to Melbourne or Sydney. Having lived in India, France, US and UK I do not think it will be tough to live there.

Good luck to get a speedy grant.

1LukeSkywalker

Jun 27, 2016
jairichi said:
Thank you and congratulations to receive your ITA. If all documents are front loaded, get your medicals and PCC done and assigned to Adelaide team you will get your visa within a month. I am still in UK. Had given a Skype interview for an employer at Perth and waiting for an outcome this week. Having said that if nothing materializes we are going to land in Australia by 2nd week of August. We are planning to move to Melbourne or Sydney. Having lived in India, France, US and UK I do not think it will be tough to live there.

Good luck to get a speedy grant.

Thanks for the reply and well-wishes! Wishing you all the best!

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
1LukeSkywalker said:

Hi could you please run me through the skill evaluation for Engineers Australia? Did you go through the accredited degree route or full evaluation. How long did it take you and did you go for fast track? For experience evaluation, did you supply reference letters only, or also pay stubs/tax documents? Thanks.

jwmcgill

Jul 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 May 2016
AOR Received.
17 May 2016
Passport Req..
19 Oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
4 NOV 2016
LANDED..........
6 NOV 2016
jairichi said:
I used the words "might" and "IF" and I did not say it as a matter of fact. And, I have asked him to check it out in other forums to see if anyone had such an experience.
Received ACS + report on 26th June. I have similar educational background - BE and MS in Computer Science and filed ACS under 261312. Still ACS deducted 2 years of experience. Personally, it is not a huge concern to me.

jwmcgill

Jul 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 May 2016
AOR Received.
17 May 2016
Passport Req..
19 Oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
4 NOV 2016
LANDED..........
6 NOV 2016
dell2 said:
Oh great I'm at 60, if i retake Ielts and get 8 in writing i get to 70.
Good luck with IELTS. Don't want to discourage you but somewhere I read that only 0.3% candidates achieve score of 8 and above in every section. You may want to take a look at PTE, which has much higher success rate to claim 10 points.

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
jwmcgill said:
Good luck with IELTS. Don't want to discourage you but somewhere I read that only 0.3% candidates achieve score of 8 and above in every section. You may want to take a look at PTE, which has much higher success rate to claim 10 points.
If that is the case, then both my wife and I are in the 0.3%. I seriously doubt if that percentage is true. :)

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Musikwala said:
If that is the case, then both my wife and I are in the 0.3%. I seriously doubt if that percentage is true. :)
That is the confidence you need to have. IELTS is not tough at all and not impossible to crack. As said in earlier response if things did not work out with IELTS you can work on PTE.

1LukeSkywalker

Jun 27, 2016
johnjkjk said:
Hi could you please run me through the skill evaluation for Engineers Australia? Did you go through the accredited degree route or full evaluation. How long did it take you and did you go for fast track? For experience evaluation, did you supply reference letters only, or also pay stubs/tax documents? Thanks.

I did go through the accredited degree route (the washington accord method since my degrees are from the US and Singapore). However, I also paid for them to do an evaluation of my job experience, so I provided them with reference letters from my current employer, scan of ID card, 12 months of pay stubs, bank statements confirming deposits of paychecks, and tax documents from the last 2 years. I had all of these documents in hand already because I submitted these for my PNP application as well.

I didn't do it fast-tracked so it took them about 6 or 7 weeks to process my application. I submitted my app to Engineers Australia back in mid-February and received my assessment the first week of April.

Hope you find this helpful & wishing you all the best!

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
1LukeSkywalker said:
I did go through the accredited degree route (the washington accord method since my degrees are from the US and Singapore). However, I also paid for them to do an evaluation of my job experience, so I provided them with reference letters from my current employer, scan of ID card, 12 months of pay stubs, bank statements confirming deposits of paychecks, and tax documents from the last 2 years. I had all of these documents in hand already because I submitted these for my PNP application as well.

I didn't do it fast-tracked so it took them about 6 or 7 weeks to process my application. I submitted my app to Engineers Australia back in mid-February and received my assessment the first week of April.

Hope you find this helpful & wishing you all the best!
Thanks, this is helpful. Presumably you didn't have to provide detailed evidence in the form of career episodes? I'll have to go down the full assessment route it seems as my degree was not accredited when I graduated as the university in question failed to renew it on time (it was accredited before, after and till date).

Unfortunately I no longer have most of my original paper pay stubs or tax documents for the period I was employed. Do you think the reference letter (indicating salary) and bank statements would suffice (although they would show salary payments after tax), along with some digitally issued pay stubs and tax information?

Also did you have to supply any original documents for either skill evaluation or for the visa application itself? I've only got single copies of my IELTS, PCC etc which I would need for Canada.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnjkjk said:
Thanks, this is helpful. Presumably you didn't have to provide detailed evidence in the form of career episodes? I'll have to go down the full assessment route it seems as my degree was not accredited when I graduated as the university in question failed to renew it on time (it was accredited before, after and till date).

Unfortunately I no longer have most of my original paper pay stubs or tax documents for the period I was employed. Do you think the reference letter (indicating salary) and bank statements would suffice (although they would show salary payments after tax), along with some digitally issued pay stubs and tax information?

Also did you have to supply any original documents for either skill evaluation or for the visa application itself? I've only got single copies of my IELTS, PCC etc which I would need for Canada.
Paid employment can be demonstrated through pay slips or bank statements or tax returns.
All you need to do is color scan, get documents notarized and upload them for assessment as well as for visa.

1LukeSkywalker

Jun 27, 2016
johnjkjk said:

I didn't do any submissions in their 'career episodes' format. Reading through this format, I think what they are looking for is very similar to information found in engineering proposals and reports of projects one has made contributions in.

In terms of employment verification, I think your reference letters, bank statements, and digital pay stubs will suffice. My employee payments are done through direct deposit, so I do not have physical paychecks, but I have them in PDF format, so I submitted those.
I also uploaded my IELTS results. You can have your English proficiency requirements waived if you include a reasonable explanation, but if you already have your IELTS results for immigration, might as well provide them with this.

As jairichi mentioned, everything is done online and digitally, so you can scan everything, save them as PDF, upload it to your portal, and you can keep all of your original documents (no need to mail anything original).

I am sure if they require any additional information from you, they will kindly request it.

Good luck! :)

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
I applied for skills assessment at ACS under 2661313 - Software Engineer. However, looking at 261312 now, I am thinking if I should have applied under that. I am confused! Could someone kindly help? Here is my roles and responsibilities:

• Interacting with business users to discuss requirements and document them as necessary.
• Helping in designing and creating physical and logical specifications as per the requirements.
• Designing, developing, integrating, unit testing and implementing code to create new or enhance existing software modules as per the requirement specifications.
• Developing quality software using object oriented programming concepts, also making use of object oriented design patterns where applicable.
• Writing unit test cases to make sure that the code works as per specifications.
• Researching and debugging production issues as they come up, analyzing and working on fixes.
• Identifying limitations of current software systems and frameworks and working on improving existing systems.
• Leading and coordinating software development and process control with other teams within the organization.
• Participating in peer code reviews and actively contributing towards improving code quality.
• Providing assistance and mentorship to other developers on the team.

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys i need help with my Aus application:

Exam appeared : May 2011 (Cleared)
Job started : June 2011
Convocation : July 2012

Now my Engineers Australia skills assessment says cleared in July 2012, means eligible to work July 2012 onward. However, all my documents from my employer are from June 2011. Shall I go ahead and apply or will there be any issue at a later stage.

Udayesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.