+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August CEC Applicants

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
That's not necessarily true. My situation reflects this one and I doubt I've been in IP2 since September 8th
Yaa you are right. Not necessary the 100%, some cases criminality and security stays not started even if the background says IP2.

micsmile

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
I keep reading and reading CanadaVisa Forum. Those FSW/CEC Outland applicants got PPR less than 1 month to 2.5 months. while CEC Inland takes more than 3 months and still nothing post AOR. :(

suvadeepg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Hi, I have question: I am applying for my CEC and like to know whether I could be considered for bonus points under job offer. Currently I am already working for past 1 year and I am a intra-transferee employee from Singapore to Canada. My work-permit will expire around July 2018 but my offer letter has got no end date and its a regular, permanent job. The CIC rule says that the offer need to be valid for next 1 year from the time PR is granted.. Well my job will be valid but my WP is going to expire.. Let me know whether I could still get the bonus points.

Binabik

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Canada
Hi, I have question: I am applying for my CEC and like to know whether I could be considered for bonus points under job offer. Currently I am already working for past 1 year and I am a intra-transferee employee from Singapore to Canada. My work-permit will expire around July 2018 but my offer letter has got no end date and its a regular, permanent job. The CIC rule says that the offer need to be valid for next 1 year from the time PR is granted.. Well my job will be valid but my WP is going to expire.. Let me know whether I could still get the bonus points.
As far as I udnerstand the rules (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp), yes you claim the bonus points as long as you meet all the other requirements (just read carefuly the link)

suvadeepg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
As far as I udnerstand the rules (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp), yes you claim the bonus points as long as you meet all the other requirements (just read carefuly the link)
Thanks much Binabik for the response. I am a little bit cagey to submit without being 100% sure as earlier I got ITA in Aug but it got rejected as I haven't appeared for my medicals before submission. I don't want to go through the same path and will avoid rejection this time.
CEC is very tricky and there are underlying meaning the way they calculate points. If I calculate only my 1 year experience in Canada then I will amass 433 points whereas if the offer letter (falling under LMIA exemption for intracompany transfer) get calculated then my total will be around 480++ points but just like to be sure that CIC is not taking my Workpermit expiry into consideration.