+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 visit visa timeline

IndiaSeCanada

Dec 4, 2018
Hello guys. Do you know which visa office will take care visa application forms if it is submitted online from Canada as a representative? Applicants are staying in India.

Last edited:

sdinkar08

Sep 18, 2022
Hello! My parents applied for Canadian Visitor Visa first time ( through an agent) in Bangalore, India. They applied through GC Key ( assume that's the old portal?)
Below are their details:
Applications Submitted : August 10th, 2022
Biometrics Requested: August 10th, 2022
Biometrics Submitted : August 17th, 2022
Biometrics Updated : Oct 28th, 2022 as per what we see in the portal.
The portal says they are still processing, no further updates.

I have lived in Canada since 2019 and currently hold a PR. I had a a few questions:

1. Should they have applied through the new portal (IRCC) and what is the difference between the old and new portal processing time?
2. Will the 162 days current processing time start from Oct 28th (biometrics updated date) or from Aug 10th ( Application submission date)?
3. They had planned to travel on Dec 15th, do you think it's reasonable to expect a PPR before then?
4. They hold US B1/B2 Visa (multiple) and recently renewed it for 10 years again earlier this year. Their last US visit was in 2019. I thought holding a valid US visitor visa would help their case for Canadian Visitor visa. Is this true?

Suezo09

Nov 13, 2022
Application submitted in Dubai, UAE

Aug 30 - Submitted application
Aug 31 - Biometrics
Nov 11 - PPR

Profile:
- Has a sibling in Toronto, Canadian citizen
- Employed for more than 5 yrs in UAE
- Travel history: HK, Macau, SG, Japan, Korea, Saudi, New Zealand
- this is my 2nd application, because the first application back in 2018 was denied.

mjaffer53

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Really frustrated - A friend applied for visitor visa in Hungary using the online portal on Aug 17. Biometrics was received on Aug 25.
They're still stuck in "Background check". Just applied for the GCMS notes yesterday and the request under the Privacy Act today (because my friend is a foreign national residing outside Canada, they could not request under Access to Information Act).

What a slow moving process this has been! The processing times keep increasing as the days go by.

milifenew

Oct 13, 2022
Does anybody has the link to the new portal? What's the difference?
I don't think any difference in the processing time between the old and new portals. The same slow for the two portals.
The only difference is just the interface entry and your actions. Old portal needs you to fill some tables in pdf/doc and new portal just fill it online.

Suresh1402

Oct 19, 2022
applied from India for spouse and 9 month kid
Application submitted -27 august
Biometric updated- 1 September
Medical updated -13 September
Review started -10 October

waiting till today on decision.Any idea how much time now a days ircc takes for application from India

Suresh1402

Oct 19, 2022
applied from India for spouse and 9 month kid
Application submitted -27 august
Biometric updated- 1 September
Medical updated -13 September
Review started -10 October

waiting till today on decision.Any idea how much time now a days ircc takes for application from India
Is it True that approval comes in IST time, especially in evening ?? Heard from many folks