+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Citizenship Applications

Mohsin Safdar

Star Member
Aug 26, 2021
How did it go to test interview for you? Did you already go through an attempt for your test?
It will be interesting to know. I need to give an interview but not the test. I would like to know what do they ask in the interview. Please enlighten us, once the interview is done.

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
This is very normal. Even 1- 2 months gaps are not uncommon. I waited 3 weeks before receiving test invitation.
I think it depends on location also. for e.g I have seen the GTA locations get test invite within 2-3 weeks of BG complete and other locations like Ottawa takes 2-3 months :) Just my observation.

NASARIS

Star Member
Sep 10, 2018
It has been a month since my Background verification was completed on Nov. 8 and still no test invite.

riaz137

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-12-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2018
Passport Req..
26-06-2018
Applications sent Aug 21
AOR Aug 23
ECAS in process Dec 02
Ghost update Dec 06
Background Check completed Dec 07
Please update the sheet.
Thanks.

harmeet25

Star Member
Dec 13, 2016
I applied online for citizenship. My application was filed on August 25 (showed in tracker)
After that there is no update.
My ECAS shows nothing as the file doesnot exist.
Everyone here is getting some updates but nothing on my file.
Anyone in the same situation.

Last edited:

YVRCan

Aug 23, 2022
I applied online for citizenship. My application was filed on August 25 (showed in tracker)
After that there is no update.
My ECAS shows nothing as the file doesnot exist.
Everyone here is getting some updates but nothing on my file.
Anyone in the same situation.
For what I read in other threads ECAS is only for paper applications

Reactions: ExpatDad

sayHello

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Quick Question guys, I have given test on 5 Dec and I passed , however tracker shows 'waiting on you' for test when i log in . is it any issue ? also do they send any auto email after submitting the test ? at least i didnt receive any email . is this normal process ?

andj14

Mar 22, 2019
Hello everyone.

I am a compulsive reader of this forum, which helped me a lot during my PR process, and it is helping me now during my citizenship process. Since I had good news recently, I feel that is time to share my timeline and to feed the citizenship spreadsheet.
Forum admins, please update the spreadsheet accordingly:

Citizenship Process. Family of 2. Paper application. Quebec, QC.
AOR: Aug 10, 2022.
Ghost Update: Nov 07, 2022
Background Completed: Dec 07, 2022 (appeared on the tracker, but was completed on Nov 07, 2022).
Test invite: Dec 07,2022.
Test window: Dec 16,2022 -Jan 05,2023.

Some interesting facts about my timeline:
  • After the ghost update I had no updates for a complete month. Around the same date, I received a refund from IRCC on my credit card. After checking what I paid, I realized that I mistakenly paid the taxes for 2 adults and 1 child, but I have no child on my application, so they refunded me partially.
  • Today, the tracker website shows that my background was completed. I've checked EVERYDAY, but it took 1 month to appear. The website shows that it was approved when I had the ghost update (Nov 07). I really don't get why they wait 1 month to show that something is already done!?!?
  • At the same day, I received the update about the test time window. No email about the test yet.

Thank you !

Reactions: SK79

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Quick Question guys, I have given test on 5 Dec and I passed , however tracker shows 'waiting on you' for test when i log in . is it any issue ? also do they send any auto email after submitting the test ? at least i didnt receive any email . is this normal process ?
Its taking time for Test completion these days. Anywhere between 3-4 days to a month. What you seeing is normal.