+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Citizenship Applications

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello everyone.

I am a compulsive reader of this forum, which helped me a lot during my PR process, and it is helping me now during my citizenship process. Since I had good news recently, I feel that is time to share my timeline and to feed the citizenship spreadsheet.
Forum admins, please update the spreadsheet accordingly:

Citizenship Process. Family of 2. Paper application. Quebec, QC.
AOR: Aug 10, 2022.
Ghost Update: Nov 07, 2022
Background Completed: Dec 07, 2022 (appeared on the tracker, but was completed on Nov 07, 2022).
Test invite: Dec 07,2022.
Test window: Dec 16,2022 -Jan 05,2023.

Some interesting facts about my timeline:
  • After the ghost update I had no updates for a complete month. Around the same date, I received a refund from IRCC on my credit card. After checking what I paid, I realized that I mistakenly paid the taxes for 2 adults and 1 child, but I have no child on my application, so they refunded me partially.
  • Today, the tracker website shows that my background was completed. I've checked EVERYDAY, but it took 1 month to appear. The website shows that it was approved when I had the ghost update (Nov 07). I really don't get why they wait 1 month to show that something is already done!?!?
  • At the same day, I received the update about the test time window. No email about the test yet.

Thank you !
When did you send your application and when was it delivered to IRCC?

krishm

Apr 23, 2018
The online tracker was updated this morning (Dec 8) for the test. The dates for the test are Dec 9 to Dec 29. However I have not got any email with the instructions yet. Do I need to reach out to IRCC or this is normal and I will get the invite sometime today?

Reactions: SK79

sayHello

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
The online tracker was updated this morning (Dec 8) for the test. The dates for the test are Dec 9 to Dec 29. However I have not got any email with the instructions yet. Do I need to reach out to IRCC or this is normal and I will get the invite sometime today?
i had got test instructions on the same day when test dates were starting . even I had not got any test status update 1 week before to start which is usual practice .So all these cases are normal.

krishm

Apr 23, 2018
i had got test instructions on the same day when test dates were starting . even I had not got any test status update 1 week before to start which is usual practice .So all these cases are normal.
Cool, then I'll just wait for the email. Thanks

EDIT: I just got the email

Last edited:
Reactions: skoduru0708

skoduru0708

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Give it a day or 2. In my case I got email in about a day after the tracker update.

[Update]: NVM, I just saw your other post that you got the email. Congratulations.

Reactions: krishm

riaz137

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-12-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2018
Passport Req..
26-06-2018
Applications sent Aug 18
AOR Aug 23
ECAS in process Dec 02
Ghost update Dec 06
Background Check completed Dec 07
Please update the sheet.
Thanks.
My details are not updated on sheet. Please update

Reactions: forw.jane

baltzly

Star Member
May 21, 2019
My test was done last Sunday but tracker is still not updated (still shows waiting on you) Just called their call Center and the agent went through my file and told me it’s passed.

Reactions: anksyahoo

andj14

Mar 22, 2019
Hello everyone.

I am a compulsive reader of this forum, which helped me a lot during my PR process, and it is helping me now during my citizenship process. Since I had good news recently, I feel that is time to share my timeline and to feed the citizenship spreadsheet.
Forum admins, please update the spreadsheet accordingly:

Citizenship Process. Family of 2. Paper application. Quebec, QC.
AOR: Aug 10, 2022.
Ghost Update: Nov 07, 2022
Background Completed: Dec 07, 2022 (appeared on the tracker, but was completed on Nov 07, 2022).
Test invite: Dec 07,2022.
Test window: Dec 16,2022 -Jan 05,2023.

Some interesting facts about my timeline:
  • After the ghost update I had no updates for a complete month. Around the same date, I received a refund from IRCC on my credit card. After checking what I paid, I realized that I mistakenly paid the taxes for 2 adults and 1 child, but I have no child on my application, so they refunded me partially.
  • Today, the tracker website shows that my background was completed. I've checked EVERYDAY, but it took 1 month to appear. The website shows that it was approved when I had the ghost update (Nov 07). I really don't get why they wait 1 month to show that something is already done!?!?
  • At the same day, I received the update about the test time window. No email about the test yet.

Thank you !
I have a few updates that are missing at my timeline on the excel sheet. Admins, can you please update the excel sheet.
Physical presence in Canada: 1121 days
In process ECAS: Nov 4th 2022

Today, I received the official email for the test. It was 1 day after the tracker website changed.
The sender email address is IRCC.MtlConvoTests-ExamensConvoMtl.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Reactions: forw.jane

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I have a few updates that are missing at my timeline on the excel sheet. Admins, can you please update the excel sheet.
Physical presence in Canada: 1121 days
In process ECAS: Nov 4th 2022

Today, I received the official email for the test. It was 1 day after the tracker website changed.
The sender email address is IRCC.MtlConvoTests-ExamensConvoMtl.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
Montreal office is processing your application.

Jazzy_21

Dec 8, 2022
Hi All
Can anyone please let me know if a passport is mandatory to take the citizenship test. My passport has been sent for a visa stamping by my company and I am wondering if the passport is checked before taking the test. Can anyone who completed the test recently throw some light? Will be highly grateful.

Nohaaboareban

May 13, 2022
Hi All
Can anyone please let me know if a passport is mandatory to take the citizenship test. My passport has been sent for a visa stamping by my company and I am wondering if the passport is checked before taking the test. Can anyone who completed the test recently throw some light? Will be highly grateful.
No you don't need it for the test just an ID like PR or driving license or health card