+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I have to sit in oath ceremony on Feb 1 but I am travelling on feb 5 to my home country. So I postpone it until march and By call I confirm that they CIC will make arrangement in march for oath. But Now I am not able to login in my tracker. Every time I put login id and password it just shows loading/chargement.... Is it normal?
Did they ask the reason for the travel to home country? I read that they are being strict with reschedule and only approving it in case of death/sickness of family member or job compulsion.

Inderjeet1539

Jul 12, 2015
This is an issue which people face when they are near there oath date. Normally it goes away once the oath is done. Not sure how it will be in your case as you asking for reschedule but mostly once the date passes it should start working again.
Thank you so much

Inderjeet1539

Jul 12, 2015
Did they ask the reason for the travel to home country? I read that they are being strict with reschedule and only approving it in case of death/sickness of family member or job compulsion.
Yes, I submitted my tickets as a proof that were booked in November 2022. We are going as family of 4 and spend more than 8000 dollars on tickets. So it is not easy to change the plan for one person so I postpone it. Its like do or die situation, either you go or loose all money as there is no refund on tickets.

Reactions: forw.jane

tonymeland

Star Member
Aug 5, 2022
I've been out of the country for a few weeks. When I received my oath date, I decided to fly to Canada for 1 day just to take the oath and then come back. I heard that it's up to the whims of IRCC to reschedule and it could take weeks, months, or even years until they give you a new date. Also, the Vancouver office is a mess right now. Therefore, I decided to close that chapter once and for all so that I didn't have to renew my PR card and deal with more delays.

AB91

Jan 30, 2023
I had the same situation, invited for oath on Feb 2nd. I asked to reschedule and got a reply back it was approved, after that my tracker stopped working.

Reactions: Inderjeet1539

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Got my citizenship certificate today. Had oath on January 25th.

I live in Surrey and my oath processing office was Vancouver.

Next is passport application.

Reactions: becca545

Purpletta

Jan 14, 2022
I have to sit in oath ceremony on Feb 1 but I am travelling on feb 5 to my home country. So I postpone it until march and By call I confirm that they CIC will make arrangement in march for oath. But Now I am not able to login in my tracker. Every time I put login id and password it just shows loading/chargement.... Is it normal?
I had similar experience this morning. However, I just tried it a couple more time with exactly the same log in details and the last try the status page shows up. So may be an website issue?

rush171

Star Member
Jan 31, 2023
I've been out of the country for a few weeks. When I received my oath date, I decided to fly to Canada for 1 day just to take the oath and then come back. I heard that it's up to the whims of IRCC to reschedule and it could take weeks, months, or even years until they give you a new date. Also, the Vancouver office is a mess right now. Therefore, I decided to close that chapter once and for all so that I didn't have to renew my PR card and deal with more delays.
Did you get an e-certificate? How did you travel back to canada after the oath without PR card?

SDEV8

Sep 20, 2017
Hello everyone ,
I took Oath on Nov 30 , 2022 but still have not received my citizenship certificate . I had raised a webform but no help. Can someone please suggest ?

rush171

Star Member
Jan 31, 2023
I'm still out of the country and plan on getting back to Canada using my US passport. This is an exception made for dual US/Canadian citizens returning to Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html
Ah! Thats interesting. I didn't realize that Canadian citizens(which you are once take the oath) could enter on a different countries travel doc. This was one of my worries since I travel by land for work to US a lot (have a US PR). Thats really helpful, thanks! Would love to hear your experience when you are back in country.

yougar

May 22, 2019
Any Ottawa applicant here please ? I am trying to understand their average processing time ( more specifically from DM to oath ceremony)

ExLeo777

Star Member
Dec 19, 2022
Gatineau
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Any Ottawa applicant here please ? I am trying to understand their average processing time ( more specifically from DM to oath ceremony)
Ottawa here! 2021-06 applications still every thing is in progress now! 12 months since test completed on Mar 2022
LPP in progress no DM no Oath

Reactions: yougar

tonymeland

Star Member
Aug 5, 2022
Ah! Thats interesting. I didn't realize that Canadian citizens(which you are once take the oath) could enter on a different countries travel doc. This was one of my worries since I travel by land for work to US a lot (have a US PR). Thats really helpful, thanks! Would love to hear your experience when you are back in country.
I will keep you guys posted on how it goes. I think the tricky thing will be convincing the airline.