Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
Language skills, Physical presence & Prohibitions are still in progress status.

Citizenship test & background verification only are completed.

I guess the Vancouver office will not respond unless everything else is completed?
For me when the file location was pending for oath, I got an update I think by the next month for all the other 3 to be completed and oath date was given the next day.
No harm in trying to email them IMO. My file was moved to Vancouver too

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
For me when the file location was pending for oath, I got an update I think by the next month for all the other 3 to be completed and oath date was given the next day.
No harm in trying to email them IMO. My file was moved to Vancouver too
Thanks - I will try my luck

Reactions: tbear

Katfezy

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Did anyone in this group go through name change process after receiving citizenship certificate? especially splitting one name into two names (no last name in previous passport)?

This is what I am thinking the process could be:

1) receive certificate
2) apply for name change at service Canada.
3) apply for passport with old certificate and name change document (read somewhere new certificate is not mandatory)
4) apply for OCI (India) with old certificate, new passport and name change documents along with old India passport (with single name).

I am not sure if this will work though. Some people in some forums say this worked for them, while some say we need new citizenship certificate.

Anyone with experience around this, please share your thoughts. Thank you.
Oath ceremony(virtual) completed today.

Katfezy

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Oath ceremony(virtual) completed today.
Received the citizenship certificates today.. in less than a week after oath ceremony. That was quick. Will go to Service Ontario sometime next week to change name of my wife (split last name into two in place of blank given name). Thank you everyone for giving me company during this 1.5 year long process.

Interesting experience I had: Submitted PR application on my daughter's bday, got PR approved on my wife's bday, got citizenship certificates on my bday. Seems like IRCC likes giving bday gifts.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Received the citizenship certificates today.. in less than a week after oath ceremony. That was quick. Will go to Service Ontario sometime next week to change name of my wife (split last name into two in place of blank given name). Thank you everyone for giving me company during this 1.5 year long process.

Interesting experience I had: Submitted PR application on my daughter's bday, got PR approved on my wife's bday, got citizenship certificates on my bday. Seems like IRCC likes giving bday gifts.
Congratulations..
In our case received PR on Valentine’s Day in 2019
Applied for Canadian passport and passport issue date in everyone’s in the family falls on my birthday :D

Reactions: Katfezy

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Is it me who noticed late that the Processing time for Citizenship is now 23 months?

Hus85

Sep 16, 2017
No worries I’m here June 2021
LPP still is progressing
No DM no oaths
My wife is Aug 2021, applicant.
Everything is marked complete on 20th July 2022. DM same day.
Since then waiting for the oath. Contacted test center. They said we are in the queue for oath.
It has been more than 6 months with no progress. Saskatoon office.

blaiseVisa

Feb 15, 2023

Could you please tell me if you stay in GTA and if it was the Scarborough office?

eric786110

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
User : eric786110
Type: online Application
Finally got oath update please update spreadsheet

Physical Presence Days: 1410
Application: Single
Application Submitted: Aug 19,2021
Delivered: August 19, 2021
AOR: Oct 25, 2021
Fingerprint Request : March 22,2022
Fingerprint Received : April 12,2022 ( called IRCC to confirm )
Scheduled for citizenship test: Aug 4, 2022
Citizenship test completed : Aug 10,2022
Background Completed: Dec 22,2022
Oath updated : Feb 16,2023
Oath date : March 9,2023