App filed – 29 September 2021

AOR – 9 November 2021

ECAS processing date – 16 December 2021

Background verification completed – 21 December 2021

Citizenship test invitation – 20 January 2022

Citizenship test period – between 28 January 2022 and 17 February 2022

Citizenship test taken – 28 January 2022

Citizenship test completion date on tracker portal – 3 February 2022
LPP all changed to green and on ECAS decision made August 23, 2023. (This is two years to the day from when IRCC received my paper application.)

Oath yet to be scheduled.

Last edited:
Reactions: abbas.pasha

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
LPP all changed to green and on ECAS decision made August 23, 2023. (This is two years to the day from when IRCC received my paper application.)

Oath yet to be scheduled.
Good news - Expect Oath invite within 2 months, the best guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: ps2qft

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Completed the Citizenship Ceremony Today. 117 attendees from 46 countries. It took 90 minutes for the ceremony to conclude.
I have requested for urgent e-Certificate, fingers crossed.!
eCertificate was made available this morning at 8 am, Five business days after the Oath

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
End of a lengthy journey and start of another:

I started this thread on Aug-1-2021 and received my passport on Sep-1-2023 (applied Aug-25). A journey for citizenship that took 25 months. With a lots of wait and frustration but it's a happy ending.
I will occasionally visit this thread and try to answer any questions and help other.

Good luck to all

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

I started this thread on Aug-1-2021 and received my passport on Sep-1-2023 (applied Aug-25). A journey for citizenship that took 25 months. With a lots of wait and frustration but it's a happy ending.
I will occasionally visit this thread and try to answer any questions and help other.

Good luck to all
Congratulations @Kanedaa

Hmzmtl

Jul 5, 2022

Good luck to all
Hello and happy for u
I think im the last man standing from august 2021
Still dealing with waiting time
Long story short
Test june 2022
Fingprints 1 : june 2022
Backgound completed :eek:ctober 2022
And then nothing
June 2023 interveiw
July 2023 fingerprints 2
All green september 5th
And then nothing still waiting

we have almost the same time line
Im montreal office
What office are u im curious

Thank u

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Hello and happy for u
I think im the last man standing from august 2021
Still dealing with waiting time
Long story short
Test june 2022
Fingprints 1 : june 2022
Backgound completed :eek:ctober 2022
And then nothing
June 2023 interveiw
July 2023 fingerprints 2
All green september 5th
And then nothing still waiting

we have almost the same time line
Im montreal office
What office are u im curious

Thank u
I understand your situation and also the frustration as I have gone through it.

During your interview did you happen to ask the officer by when you should expect the Oath invite?

I asked and was told it would take 2-4 months but they will try within 2 months, and I received the oath invite within 2 months.
I see that your case went all green on Sep-5, that means decision made. Hopefully you should get the oath invite by this month or next.

I am a Mississauga resident, my file went from Scarborough to Vancouver to finally Calgary.

Hmzmtl

Jul 5, 2022
I understand your situation and also the frustration as I have gone through it.

During your interview did you happen to ask the officer by when you should expect the Oath invite?

I asked and was told it would take 2-4 months but they will try within 2 months, and I received the oath invite within 2 months.
I see that your case went all green on Sep-5, that means decision made. Hopefully you should get the oath invite by this month or next.

I am a Mississauga resident, my file went from Scarborough to Vancouver to finally Calgary.
oh yes i did asked and the reponse was as soon as they receive my new fingerprints result since its was the last thing missing and they did receive it around august 17th

Whats bother me is that the officer was very understanding and he was sorry about the delay and keeps assuring me that everything will go very fast now

Called ircc this afternoon i explained that all is completed and asked why i did not receive oath invitation yet, the person on the phone said, no its not completed its still in process and they need to do more verifications
Ok…What a joke
He advise me to renew my PR card loool

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
oh yes i did asked and the reponse was as soon as they receive my new fingerprints result since its was the last thing missing and they did receive it around august 17th

Whats bother me is that the officer was very understanding and he was sorry about the delay and keeps assuring me that everything will go very fast now

Called ircc this afternoon i explained that all is completed and asked why i did not receive oath invitation yet, the person on the phone said, no its not completed its still in process and they need to do more verifications
Ok…What a joke
He advise me to renew my PR card loool
I understand your situation & also felt the same until I received my Oath invite.
I would say you send webform instead of calling & politely ask/request to schedule the oath asap. You can mention that you need to urgently travel give some medical reason for your family.

I am confident you will get oath invite if not by this month then by next month for sure.

Priya PAtel

Jul 2, 2018
You can reach out to IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipCeremony-CeremonieCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to request for rescheduling your ceremony.
Email subject should be your Application#: Pre Arranged Travel.
You can inform them when you are likely to come back to Canada in the email... Depending your dates they can then reschedule your ceremony...

I have don't have experience in rescheduling but I tried to request IRCC to reschedule the ceremony earlier, since I had pre-arranged travel, to an earlier date which they said No too and suggested "that I can request for cancelling the scheduled ceremony and keep my PR Card intact and reach out to them via email to request to be rescheduled after you have RETURNED to Canada. I would have most likely be rescheduled within 4-6 weeks from the date of my request"
What did you do eventually and what was the timeline?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
What did you do eventually and what was the timeline?
I ended up taking the Oath as per the originally scheduled date.
IRCC gave me an option to go ahead with my travel and request for a rescheduling at a later date. I told them that nop that’s not what I want.
The good part was that I got the certificate (printed) by post within three days of the Oath completion.