+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Finally, reached the Finish line, collected my passport today.
Thank you each and everyone here, who supported, guided and helped to navigate during stressful times. This group has been fantastic. Bless you all!:)
Goodluck for the rest who are in the journey, you will be next! :)
P.S- Kindly, update the excel tracker
Congratulations

Reactions: Katfezy and ashvez

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
I completed my oath yesterday Jan 25th. Got invite on Jan 8th.

Admin please update the tracker.

Already sent oath form and waiting for citizenship certificate now.

Elly400

Aug 21, 2018
These

For point1, there was no option to upload the pp stamp pages when i submitted the online application. only the pp front page was possible. So i scanned and sent a pdf with the stamped pages in the email.

For point 2, I was in my home country and i didnt even have my pp created. My pp was created on June 20, 2017. I told exactly this and told that my first international travel was to land in Canada as PR on x date.

Not sure what else to provide tbh
Hi, can you please share how you handled this issue. I received the same email today

tonymeland

Star Member
Aug 5, 2022
Just did my oath ceremony on Wednesday. I'll keep you updated re: the mailing of the citizenship certificate and passport application.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Just did my oath ceremony on Wednesday. I'll keep you updated re: the mailing of the citizenship certificate and passport application.
Congrats.

Do you think filing OIC Complaint helped your case? How soon did you get a response from OIC after filing a complaint?

Reactions: tonymeland

tonymeland

Star Member
Aug 5, 2022
Congrats.

Do you think filing OIC Complaint helped your case? How soon did you get a response from OIC after filing a complaint?
I honestly think it made a difference because the "Oath Ceremony" portion changed to "in progress" the very next day. I doubt it was purely coincidental.

I just got a confirmation of receipt from OIC. They take forever to investigate complaints, but I believe they do notify the agency in question (ie. IRCC, CBSA, etc.) as soon as a complaint is successfully filed. This brings eyes to your file right away.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
I honestly think it made a difference because the "Oath Ceremony" portion changed to "in progress" the very next day. I doubt it was purely coincidental.

I just got a confirmation of receipt from OIC. They take forever to investigate complaints, but I believe they do notify the agency in question (ie. IRCC, CBSA, etc.) as soon as a complaint is successfully filed. This brings eyes to your file right away.
Thanks - I also filed OIC Complaint today and now fingers crossed..

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016

I got an auto response with a temporary reference number. Is that the one, or will I receive any further communication from oic?

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
I got an auto response with a temporary reference number. Is that the one, or will I receive any further communication from oic?
To the best I know you rarely receive any further communication, they inform IRCC & someone looks into the case file.

Kathmandu23

Dec 15, 2017
Hello!

I received my citizenship certificate couple of days ago and wanted to share my timeline. Once I received AOR, everything happened pretty quick. I waited around 14 months to receive AOR though.

Citizenship Application: Single
Physical Presence - 1220 days
Online Submitted: Aug 31, 2021
AOR: Sep 13, 2022
Background Completed: Sep 26, 2022
Test Invite: Oct 27, 2022 (Oct 31 - Nov 21)
Test Taken: Nov 12, 2022
Test Status updated in tracker: Nov 28, 2022
Prohibition, Physical Presence, Language completed: Nov 28, 2022
Oath ceremony invitation: Dec 13, 2022
Oath ceremony completed: Jan 4, 2023
Citizenship certificate received: Jan 25, 2023

Inderjeet1539

Jul 12, 2015
I have to sit in oath ceremony on Feb 1 but I am travelling on feb 5 to my home country. So I postpone it until march and By call I confirm that they CIC will make arrangement in march for oath. But Now I am not able to login in my tracker. Every time I put login id and password it just shows loading/chargement.... Is it normal?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I have to sit in oath ceremony on Feb 1 but I am travelling on feb 5 to my home country. So I postpone it until march and By call I confirm that they CIC will make arrangement in march for oath. But Now I am not able to login in my tracker. Every time I put login id and password it just shows loading/chargement.... Is it normal?
This is an issue which people face when they are near there oath date. Normally it goes away once the oath is done. Not sure how it will be in your case as you asking for reschedule but mostly once the date passes it should start working again.