+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
While we all wait and wait and wait, I was wondering if someone could clarify something for me.
When we applied, my partner sent in a photocopy of his passport as well as two photos, as they were part of the checklist we were following.
My understanding is that, if we get PPR (Let's hope we do *fingers crossed*), the request is to send two photos as well as a photocopy of your passport. This feels somewhat redundant.

Did everyone else add the photos and passport photocopy to the application ?

My partner is from an eTA country.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
While we all wait and wait and wait, I was wondering if someone could clarify something for me.
When we applied, my partner sent in a photocopy of his passport as well as two photos, as they were part of the checklist we were following.
My understanding is that, if we get PPR (Let's hope we do *fingers crossed*), the request is to send two photos as well as a photocopy of your passport. This feels somewhat redundant.

Did everyone else add the photos and passport photocopy to the application ?

My partner is from an eTA country.
Yes, you have to submit passport photocopy and photos. Yes, it feels redundant. Yes, you have to submit passport photocopy and photos.

Reactions: canadianexpat93

ark2016

Jan 11, 2021

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Does anyone know if you're currently allowed to enter Canada to land as a PR? I've seen a few posts saying people got turned away at the border. But then on the government website Find out if you can travel to Canada - Foreign national without symptoms - U.S. entry - Approved permanent resident not yet in Canada - Travel.gc.ca it seems to say that an approved permanent resident not yet in Canada will "likely be allowed" to enter Canada.
Spousal sponsorship? Immediate family in Canada?

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Yes, you have to submit passport photocopy and photos. Yes, it feels redundant. Yes, you have to submit passport photocopy and photos.
Are the photos required to the Canadian standard? Can they be the same ones as submitted? Due to COVID, getting these again could prove difficult.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Are the photos required to the Canadian standard? Can they be the same ones as submitted? Due to COVID, getting these again could prove difficult.
There is a specific standard for the PR card (will be in the instructions) and it is not the same as for TRVs, for example. Don't know how hard it is, in digital age, photographer just resizes and cuts to the right size.

Reactions: LotusLeodis

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes Spousal Sponsorship. Sponsor is Canadian citizen, PA is American.
You can travel to Canada under the immediate family exemption from the travel restrictions. Quarantine and isolation requirements etc still apply (check for USA, not aware of details from there), but you will be allowed to enter Canada.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
There is a specific standard for the PR card (will be in the instructions) and it is not the same as for TRVs, for example. Don't know how hard it is, in digital age, photographer just resizes and cuts to the right size.
I guess we will see when we get to that stage.

Singh123498

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Hello everyone, is ircc processing family sponsorship files that are coming from India or they have stop processing files for India due to covid ?

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Hello everyone, is ircc processing family sponsorship files that are coming from India or they have stop processing files for India due to covid ?
As far as I understand, yes. You might have issues for biometrics or medicals, due to various office closures, but IRCC is allowing extra time for these reasons, last I understood.

sboo16

Jan 22, 2021
Hi all,

I am sponsoring my American husband. Today we received a request for additional information - they want his police certificate from Romania. The request mentions: "Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18".

HOWEVER, when we applied using checklist form IMM 5533e, it asks for police certificate from: 1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; and 2) The country where you have lived most of your life since the age of 18. In my husband's case, these are both the U.S. (although he was born in and lived in Romania for some time).

Hence we are wondering if this additional information request is a mistake on their part? The criteria they mentioned is different from what is on IMM 5533e. Has anyone else received such a request?

Thanks.

Reactions: Syan24