+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

ydanmo96

May 18, 2021
Hey guys, long-time lurker, first-time poster. Just to share the good news that I just got the CoPR today. My husband and I live in Canada, but we chose to apply outland as we weren't living together due to school and work.

Timeline:

Application sent - August 10, 2020
AOR - March 26
Medical request - March 26
Medical passed - April 4
AOR2 - No AOR2 (saw the ghost update)
Background check completed - May 17
Decision Made - May 18
CoPR - May 18

Currently, I'm on my study permit as I'm still in university. No biometrics needed because I've given mine when I got my co-op work permit. I also never got which VO my application is sent to. This morning I got a call from someone who works at IRCC to confirm that I live in Canada. He also gave me the good news that my PR is approved and I received CoPR in a few minutes.

My husband (Canadian citizen) and I live in Canada. The pre-landing process is pretty much non-existent. We got the CoPR right away.

I have learned a lot from this forum. I know that a lot of you guys are still waiting to reunite with your loved ones and family members. Keep your hopes up! Good luck!

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
Hey guys, long-time lurker, first-time poster. Just to share the good news that I just got the CoPR today. My husband and I live in Canada, but we chose to apply outland as we weren't living together due to school and work.

Timeline:

AOR - March 26
Medical passed - April 4
Decision Made - May 18
CoPR - May 18

Currently, I'm on my study permit as I'm still in university. No biometrics needed because I've given mine when I got my co-op work permit. I also never got which VO my application is sent to. This morning I got a call from someone who works at IRCC to confirm that I live in Canada. He also gave me the good news that my PR is approved and I received CoPR in a few minutes.

My husband (Canadian citizen) and I live in Canada. The pre-landing process is pretty much non-existent. We got the CoPR right away.

I have learned a lot from this forum. I know that a lot of you guys are still waiting to reunite with your loved ones and family members. Keep your hopes up! Good luck!
Congratulations!! Now your process is finally over!!
And how did you know your back ground check completed May 17? You got a mail or message in GCKEY?

pat40

Jan 21, 2020

Timeline:

AOR - March 26
Medical passed - April 4
Decision Made - May 18
CoPR - May 18

I think your VO was Ottawa as SA didnt mention VO. And generally Ottawa does not send AOR2 email.

Can you please check at your ECAS status and share, when they started processing your application? that would be considered AOR2 . On PA side there should be 2nd line where you find this detail.

qpsod

May 18, 2021
As I recall gckey accepts different combinations of details to link, most times members here reported that different combinations eventually worked. And the usual tip that family size must include the sponsor (i.e. for spouse only no dependents family size is 2).

Thanks @armoured, this worked! As you suggested, after trying many different combinations of inputs.

One more question. I received an email from the New Delhi visa office on 26th Feb 2021 asking for additional documents showing the sponsor's intent to relocate to Canada, and instructing me to send these documents over email. I sent those documents back to them over email, a week or two later (8th March). I haven't received any communication or change to status since then (2.5 months), aside from moving from "application received" to "in process" around the same time I replied to this email. Both gckey and ECAS mention the correspondence sent to me on 26th Feb, but no acknowledgement of what I sent them in reply. GCKey says "We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details."

GCKey says they reviewing whether we meet eligibility criteria, and processing our background check, if that means anything

The email I received told me to send the documents over email, but now I am wondering whether I should have sent them via a secure webform or through gckey, or if it could have been missed or lost somehow. Would you suggest that I follow up or re-submit the documents to them somehow? Or is that likely to delay things further

Thanks very much!

My full timeline:

application received: 11th Aug 2020
AOR1: 15th Nov 2020
SA: 10th Dec 2020
Medical exam passed: 22nd Dec 2020
Visa office: NDVO, 10th Dec 2020
Biometrics submitted: 13th Jan 2021
Request for additional documents: 26th Feb 2021

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The email I received told me to send the documents over email, but now I am wondering whether I should have sent them via a secure webform or through gckey, or if it could have been missed or lost somehow. Would you suggest that I follow up or re-submit the documents to them somehow? Or is that likely to delay things further
I think you're just in a queue as NDVO is busy and lockdowns, etc. Likely not necessary to re-send.

If you wish to check, you could do the usual: gcms notes, call IRCC, or inquiry through MP's office.

ydanmo96

May 18, 2021
Congratulations!! Now your process is finally over!!
And how did you know your back ground check completed May 17? You got a mail or message in GCKEY?
Thanks so much!

I didn't get any message. When I received CoPR in the email, I logged into my account and saw the updates.

Good luck!

Reactions: jckp

ydanmo96

May 18, 2021
I think your VO was Ottawa as SA didnt mention VO. And generally Ottawa does not send AOR2 email.

Can you please check at your ECAS status and share, when they started processing your application? that would be considered AOR2 . On PA side there should be 2nd line where you find this detail.
Thanks for the info! Here's my ECAS updates:

1. Application received in August 2020
2. IRCC started processing on April 24, 2021
3. Medical Request March 26, 2021
4. Medical results received
5. Become PR at Montreal office on May 18, 2021

Reactions: pat40

ars23

Jul 14, 2020
Wondering if someone can help me understand what is going on in ECAS?

Back in Feb/March, ECAS said "In Process" while I was completing my biometrics and medical. Sometime after those were completed ( March sometime?), ECAS changed to "Application Received". Then maybe a month or so ago, ECAS changed back to "In Process". Since then, I haven't heard anything.

Also, I've never been told what visa office my application is at, and I've also not had a line added in ECAS that says they started processing my application. I'm a US Citizen applying from the US, and my wife is a Canadian living here with me.

Thanks for any insights!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Wondering if someone can help me understand what is going on in ECAS?

Back in Feb/March, ECAS said "In Process" while I was completing my biometrics and medical. Sometime after those were completed ( March sometime?), ECAS changed to "Application Received". Then maybe a month or so ago, ECAS changed back to "In Process". Since then, I haven't heard anything.

Also, I've never been told what visa office my application is at, and I've also not had a line added in ECAS that says they started processing my application. I'm a US Citizen applying from the US, and my wife is a Canadian living here with me.

Thanks for any insights!
Order your gcms notes if you want to know more. All of this sounds pretty standard, frankly.

ars23

Jul 14, 2020
Order your gcms notes if you want to know more. All of this sounds pretty standard, frankly.
Thanks! I don't think I need gcms notes. I guess I just wondered if the switch from application received to in process once again indicated that it was actually at the visa office being worked on. Seems like some people know a lot about what all these things mean! Always just looking for a glimmer of hope that we're getting closer to the end as the process proceeds :)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks! I don't think I need gcms notes. I guess I just wondered if the switch from application received to in process once again indicated that it was actually at the visa office being worked on. Seems like some people know a lot about what all these things mean! Always just looking for a glimmer of hope that we're getting closer to the end as the process proceeds :)
Change in status from one thing to another means 'something happened.' That's the glimmer of hope. I don't think the tea reading adds much direct insight, but some do )

Singh123498

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
We started processing “name” application on March 22, 2021

application sent August 2020 that was my last update is anyone in same position as me ?

Reactions: Sasha1989

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
I called ircc they said if they haven’t contacted you yet or had any updates that’s good sign.......
That doesn't seem right. Good news would be actually getting a results like the people who get DM, Prearrival, PPR. I feel like over 2 months of silence isn't good, but alright haha