+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Aha I am it’s just stressful
I feel you man, it’s hard seeing other people’s applications move faster but at the same time yours is moving faster than others.

try and step away from the forums/spreadsheets/Facebook/WhatsApp groups for a while and away from ecas too., any news you’ll get through email.

there’s nothing you can change from this point on so may as well try and forget about it :) hang in there, we will all be in Canada soon

Singh123498

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
I feel you man, it’s hard seeing other people’s applications move faster but at the same time yours is moving faster than others.

try and step away from the forums/spreadsheets/Facebook/WhatsApp groups for a while and away from ecas too., any news you’ll get through email.

there’s nothing you can change from this point on so may as well try and forget about it :) hang in there, we will all be in Canada soon
Thanks for the support :) I’m just stressed about there is been no updates after March 22nd that they started processing my file it’s like they ghost you

*CLARO2020*

Oct 16, 2020
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
2021-05-06
File Transfer...
07-05-2021
Med's Request
06-28-2021
Med's Done....
24-01-2022
Passport Req..
07-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2022
Since you got the BIL with the app number you can consider that you have AOR even though you didn't specifically receive the AOR letter.
I received the AOR email a day later (May 6) as well as police clearance request May 6, and May 7 Sponsor Approval. Requested biometrics appointment and recieved email bounce back that embassy is closed, so now we wait.

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021

Stepping away from the forums, spreadsheets and e-cas is so much easier said than done. I've been trying and just keep finding myself scrolling through this forum, which is definitely causing me more stress and anxiety than necessary.

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
I need to stop looking at this forum and looking at GCKey or e-cas. It is easier said than done, but it is honestly driving me insane to see people who applied later getting DM and PPR.

This process is excruciating, I know I shouldn't be complaining because things have moved, which is already a luxury. I just want an answer, be able to plan for a life with my partner in Canada. Ugh, rant over, I know most of you are in the same boat and will understand. I really hope for the best for all of us !

mustansir1989

May 31, 2015
Hello everyone.

I am a Canadian PR and sponsoring my wife who is in India. We got married July 2020 and I applied for her sponsorship in August 2020.

We haven't heard back anything from immigration except for a temporary File number. We called them, filled up webform, went through our MP. All we get is "your application is in process". We don't even have an AOR.

People who applied after us have gotten AOR, medical, biometrics done and even Decision made.

Can someone explain what is happening?

Thank you.

qpsod

May 18, 2021
Does anyone know whether the New Delhi visa office is making progress on applications? We received an email asking for additional information on 26th Feb, replied a week later, and haven't heard anything since. With the recent COVID wave in New Delhi, I'm wondering whether everything there will be stuck for a while.

qpsod

May 18, 2021
Also, is it necessary/helpful to link our online account to the application, versus checking status on the online tool? We can see everything on the online tool (application receipt, medical results received, etc), and have been receiving messages from the NDVO by email. But I have never been able to see any info in the online account.

I have created the online account with GCKey, but when I try to link it to the paper application using the application number, etc, it says the application is already linked, but doesn't show any information. Since I can see the information on the online tool, I'm not sure whether it's worthwhile to try writing to IRCC to resolve this.

Thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Also, is it necessary/helpful to link our online account to the application, versus checking status on the online tool? We can see everything on the online tool (application receipt, medical results received, etc), and have been receiving messages from the NDVO by email. But I have never been able to see any info in the online account.

I have created the online account with GCKey, but when I try to link it to the paper application using the application number, etc, it says the application is already linked, but doesn't show any information. Since I can see the information on the online tool, I'm not sure whether it's worthwhile to try writing to IRCC to resolve this.

Thank you!
It's unclear whether you're talking about ecas or gckey and when. You don't need ecas, it just may give you some info about what's happening (in my view, not particularly useful information, but up to you). We were never able to get into ecas and no issues.

It is useful to have the application linked to gckey because sometimes they will use it for correspondence, and I believe if you've linked it at all, they'll assume you have access.

You won't see much information in gckey but should see basic info about biometrics, medical, and some vague lines saying things like "we do not need further information now, we'll contact you if needed" and something or other - extremely vague - about parts of the background checks etc.

It's the correspondence that is the main useful bit here.

It sort of sounds like you have linked to the sponsor's profile and not the PA's application, but only a guess.

qpsod

May 18, 2021
It's unclear whether you're talking about ecas or gckey and when. You don't need ecas, it just may give you some info about what's happening (in my view, not particularly useful information, but up to you). We were never able to get into ecas and no issues.

It is useful to have the application linked to gckey because sometimes they will use it for correspondence, and I believe if you've linked it at all, they'll assume you have access.

You won't see much information in gckey but should see basic info about biometrics, medical, and some vague lines saying things like "we do not need further information now, we'll contact you if needed" and something or other - extremely vague - about parts of the background checks etc.

It's the correspondence that is the main useful bit here.

It sort of sounds like you have linked to the sponsor's profile and not the PA's application, but only a guess.
Thanks armoured for the quick reply. It's gckey where I've had the problem. Since it sounds useful to have access to it, I've sent a webform to IRCC to see if I can get it resolved. I've tried linking the application using the PA's application details, but this doesn't work, so I didn't see any other way to resolve it.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks armoured for the quick reply. It's gckey where I've had the problem. Since it sounds useful to have access to it, I've sent a webform to IRCC to see if I can get it resolved. I've tried linking the application using the PA's application details, but this doesn't work, so I didn't see any other way to resolve it.
As I recall gckey accepts different combinations of details to link, most times members here reported that different combinations eventually worked. And the usual tip that family size must include the sponsor (i.e. for spouse only no dependents family size is 2).

ark2016

Jan 11, 2021
Does anyone know how long you have to land, once you get COPR? Is there an expiry date that you must cross the border by?