+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

adusafoa01

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Hi, I need clarification please, I called ircc today and they said my application is in the system so they gave me a temporary file number that start with XF 000 I hope they won't return my files. I hope it is good sign , please want someone who first got a temporary file number and later on got AOR and how long it took him/her to get AOR after gotten temporary file number.

Thank you

newMember1990

Jun 15, 2020
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS office
App. Filed.......
12-08-2020
Hello,
Is here anyone who received sponsorship approval and file transfer letter in your mail box instead of receiving an E-mail??
Also, on GCKey it shows "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I just need help for this question. I’m PR holder and I applied PR for my wife this October so my question is can I as a sponsor allowed to leave the country ( Canada ). If yes then how long I can be outside of Canada? Thank you.
2-3 weeks is OK, definitely not longer than a month.

LongBill

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Florida, USA
Category........
FAM
Hi I am the sponsor and application was delivered to NS on Aug 12th for outland sponsorship. Any idea how long is it taking to get AOR?
Welcome! I also am an August applicant.

From my readings of these forums, as well as others and also news sites, I myself was prepared for a wait of at least 3 months (my Canadian wife scoffed at that). Now I am prepared to have to wait much longer than that, even for the AOR.

There are some Google Sheets (spreadsheets) associated with these forums, developed by the forum owners. that track users' progress through the application bureaucracy, the various steps, etc. I forget just where I saw these in the forum, I suppose a search for them on the forum might find them. Anyway, the link to the sheet for "2020 Spousal/Common Law Tracking Tool" is this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit#gid=2037240319 There are sheets for Inland and Outland applications, and a sheet each for the 12 months of each type (Inland/Outland).

Okay, you really shouldn't blindly click on any random link on the internet (such as my link to the spreadsheet). So I suggest you first do a search in the forum for "2020 Spousal/Common Law Tracking Tool". there are many related posts, I can't wade through them to find the one that says "okay, folks, this is it!" The Google Sheet regularly gets corrupted and messed up, then fixed up again. But it does provide some useful insights. It shows that everything was going along quite nicely until the covid pandemic hit...things seized up around March and hardly (if) anything was done for some time. Now things are moving again, slowly.

In fact, for example, the Outland August sheet in the Google Sheet (link above) shows (today) there are 69 applicants in that month with only 14 AORs received, the earliest being November 3. But earlier months show longer delays...due to the lengthy near-shutdown due to the covid.

Edit to add: of course that Google Sheet lists only a small fraction of the total number of applicants/applications submitted to IRCC. But perhaps it gives an idea of what to expect.

LongBill

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Florida, USA
Category........
FAM
Ouch. Since night the Outland August sheet (only) has become totally corrupted in that tracking tool This is beyond maddening.

Dec 17, 2018
Hello,
Is here anyone who received sponsorship approval and file transfer letter in your mail box instead of receiving an E-mail??
Also, on GCKey it shows "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".

yes, I Got it on Email Sponsor Approval letter and file is transferred to Delhi

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi, I need clarification please, I called ircc today and they said my application is in the system so they gave me a temporary file number that start with XF 000 I hope they won't return my files. I hope it is good sign , please want someone who first got a temporary file number and later on got AOR and how long it took him/her to get AOR after gotten temporary file number.

Thank you
It may take a month approx. I tried to access ECAS and GCkeys it won't work. XF is removed when file completeness is checked.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
File sent on 21st August
Received on 27 August, No response yet :( Anyone else in the same scenario? Can i get a temp no, what are the question they ask when u call the helpline. Please help guys
YES XF no. a temp. no. can be obtained by phoning them but that tells you that your file is in the system and may reduce our anxiety a bit otherwise XF is good for uploading +attaching remaining docs. And X will be removed when file completeness is checked. After this no more fears of being RETURNED. Please read my signatures below and its good to add timelines there

Last edited:
Reactions: DiiDii

Te9988

Nov 24, 2020
YES XF no. a temp. no. can be obtained by phoning them but tat tells you that your file is in the system and may reduce our anxiety a bit otherwise XF is good for nothing X will be removed when file completeness is checked. After this no more fears of being RETURNED. Please read my signatures below and its good to add timelines there
So if i am able to link my file to gc key with help of temporary number i got and its been 1 month, still i haven’t received official AOR or biometric request. Is that normal?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
So if i am able to link my file to gc key with help of temporary number i got and its been 1 month, still i haven’t received official AOR or biometric request. Is that normal?
If you linked it with XF then much better as I tried same and could not. This means AOR1 is very close a week or less apart