AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I forgot 1 benefit of XF000??????? file no. is that one can upload files like; PCC or Passport copy if those were not attached initially.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
No
No I haven't, I also want someone to tell me if temporary file number is a good sign and how long after the temporary file will I get AOR.
As I wrote an XF file has not much meaning, files have been returned after XF file nos. may search forums too. It is just a token no. that a file is taken out of big piles and placed in a row to be checked for completeness ONLY after this an AOR1 e-mail will follow. However be4 this I was able to upload PCC for wife with XF file no. Apparently that's why they did not ask ADRs

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
As I wrote an XF file has not much meaning, files have been returned after XF file nos. may search forums too. It is just a token no. that a file is taken out of big piles and placed in a row to be checked for completeness ONLY after this an AOR1 e-mail will follow. However be4 this I was able to upload PCC for wife with XF file no. Apparently that's why they did not ask ADRs
can I create GCkey account with the Temp number?

Last edited:

LongBill

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Florida, USA
Category........
FAM
ca we create GCkey account with the Temp number?
To be clear, you can create the IRCC account (the GCkey is simply the way you log in to this account) without having an AOR, and even not having yet submitted an application.

It is through the IRCC account that you "link" your application, using the AOR number, etc.

So in any case it is probably helpful to create your IRCC account now, if you haven't done so already. Then you can "link" your application to that account later when it is available.

see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
To be clear, you can create the IRCC account (the GCkey is simply the way you log in to this account) without having an AOR, and even not having yet submitted an application.

It is through the IRCC account that you "link" your application, using the AOR number, etc.

So in any case it is probably helpful to create your IRCC account now, if you haven't done so already. Then you can "link" your application to that account later when it is available.

see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
that's actually what I meant that Can I link my profile using temp number?

SamarGill29

Sep 5, 2020
Has anyone got a request for biometrics ? I haven't received the AOR yet. but received an email to submit Biometrics. ? Odd ?

SamarGill29

Sep 5, 2020
Yeah got it today! So what are the next steps after this. will they send AOR and Medical in the later part of application ?

Inryvr

Star Member
Jun 17, 2020
Yeah got it today! So what are the next steps after this. will they send AOR and Medical in the later part of application ?
Try linking your application to gckey. I doubt you will get a separate aor. Biometrics letter has your file number and it means they have started to process your application which is what aor letter tells you anyway.
you will get sponsor approval and medical next. All the best!
I am assuming PA is from india?

LongBill

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Florida, USA
Category........
FAM
that's actually what I meant that Can I link my profile using temp number?
The function to link your IRCC account to the application provides 4 methods to "find" the application. These are shown on the dialog when you select that option. The four methods to locate an application are by (1) Application Number and Family Name, (2) Application Number and Unique Client Identifier (UCI), (3) Family Name, Given Name and Date of Birth, and (4) Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name.

There is no mention of using the temporary number. But I cannot say that it is impossible to use this in lieu of the Application Number. You have 5 chances each day to try to "link" an application each day... if 5 failures to locate, then you cannot try again until the next day.

You have 5 tries, give it a shot! Nothing bad will happen if nothing turns up.

SamarGill29

Sep 5, 2020
Try linking your application to gckey. I doubt you will get a separate aor. Biometrics letter has your file number and it means they have started to process your application which is what aor letter tells you anyway.
you will get sponsor approval and medical next. All the best!
I am assuming PA is from india?
Thanks, She is from India. Any idea about VFS global. How they operate?. I have filled a webform waiting for an email apparently that will tell me what time and date she has to go the centre to get biometrics done. DO they give prior notice for the date and time ? * Thanks for the updates and next steps *