+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

rizwan23arif

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
Hi I am the sponsor and application was delivered to NS on Aug 12th for outland sponsorship. Any idea how long is it taking to get AOR?
Yes, again, as short as a day or as long as several months (can be up to 3-4 months more also). It's random and no one can certainly predict the exact time.

SamarGill29

Sep 5, 2020
File sent on 21st August
Received on 27 August, No response yet :( Anyone else in the same scenario? Can i get a temp no, what are the question they ask when u call the helpline. Please help guys

Shantanu2790

Nov 16, 2020
I just need help for this question. I’m PR holder and I applied PR for my wife this October so my question is can I as a sponsor allowed to leave the country ( Canada ). If yes then how long I can be outside of Canada? Thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I just need help for this question. I’m PR holder and I applied PR for my wife this October so my question is can I as a sponsor allowed to leave the country ( Canada ). If yes then how long I can be outside of Canada? Thank you.
You must be resident in Canada; you can however leave for short visits. Best to keep to weeks, i.e. under a month (2-3 weeks better).

Reactions: Mitul Tailor

MelissaMP1

Jun 1, 2020
Hi everyone! Im new here, we submitted our application on 30th of July, couldn't find a thread for July 2020 so joined August instead. We received our AOR just yesterday Nov 3rd and we also received an approval of the sponsor yesterday itself.
Apart from that, just some good news, IRCC has increased its staffing by 66% to work on sponsorship applications! https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.immigratetocanada.com/ircc-to-reduce-processing-times-for-spousal-sponsorship/amp/

We did not however receive the biometrics or medical request... Is that normal?

Thanks!
Wow that is great! Congrats on the process starting! We are still waiting on our AOR - can you share what email it comes from..I get paranoid about emails going to spam! Thanks!

SharonG

Sep 29, 2020
Yes, again, as short as a day or as long as several months (can be up to 3-4 months more also). It's random and no one can certainly predict the exact time.
Thank You. I called them they confirmed that they received it but they are also not sure how long will it take to get AOR.

mikunn85

Oct 17, 2019
Hi everyone! Im new here, we submitted our application on 30th of July, couldn't find a thread for July 2020 so joined August instead. We received our AOR just yesterday Nov 3rd and we also received an approval of the sponsor yesterday itself.
Apart from that, just some good news, IRCC has increased its staffing by 66% to work on sponsorship applications! https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.immigratetocanada.com/ircc-to-reduce-processing-times-for-spousal-sponsorship/amp/

We did not however receive the biometrics or medical request... Is that normal?

Thanks!
Hi, there is a thread for July 2020 (outland) please check again and put your comments there. It will help a lot of people. Thanks

Reactions: vruank

Claribel0909

Apr 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-06-2017
Doc's Request.
12-07-2017
Nomination.....
NA
Hi, there is a thread for July 2020 (outland) please check again and put your comments there. It will help a lot of people. Thanks
Hi, Thanks. I've checked and since my AOR is in Aug, I belong in the August thread :)

Reactions: DiiDii

Claribel0909

Apr 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-06-2017
Doc's Request.
12-07-2017
Nomination.....
NA

rashi1101

Dec 4, 2019
Honestly from what I have read and spoken to people, it is not advisable to leave. You can if needed but not for more than 2 weeks. but still not recommended.