+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Filiz

Aug 27, 2020
Ankara, Turkey
Hello everyone,
My application was delivered to Sydney office on August 7th, 2020. I am applying from Turkey. My husband a canadian citizen. We are married for 16 years now and have two kids. I am not sure if these will help me on the process but I am hoping so.
Just wanted to thank everyone who shares their knowledge and experience at this forum while they are absolutely precious for many of us who dont have much info on the upcoming phases.
Good luck to everyone and I will be sharing my developments with you for sure..
By the way, does anyone have the link to the chart where we can see the previous applications that everyboby is talking about?

Kayessgee

Aug 27, 2020
Hi everyone, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, I have not submitted my application yet, I was planning for August but it did not happen. My question is for the barcode pages, the checklist says print your name and sign but my barcode pages don’t have a place to print name and sign. Am I using the wrong version? It’s from 06-2019 and linked from the checklist. Are you guys just singing the bottom of the page?

Filiz

Aug 27, 2020
Ankara, Turkey
Hi everyone, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, I have not submitted my application yet, I was planning for August but it did not happen. My question is for the barcode pages, the checklist says print your name and sign but my barcode pages don’t have a place to print name and sign. Am I using the wrong version? It’s from 06-2019 and linked from the checklist. Are you guys just singing the bottom of the page?
More experienced members might be more helpful but I have only used the barcodes for IMM1344 and IMM0008 documents and we have only signed the sections at the end of the actual forms and NOT the barcode pages.

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
The
The barcode pages don’t require signatures, I believe.

newMember1990

Jun 15, 2020
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS office
App. Filed.......
12-08-2020
I submitted my file in first week of August. May be information here could help you.
For form IMM008 - consent and declaration : 1. under Concent to release information to intended provience: NAME IN CAPITAL
2. under Declaration of applicant : Sign(on left) and date(on right)

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
I am sure it will be fine! I had the same anxiety I ended up placing the papers in to an envelope then into the box..Good luck!
I wish I would have done that lol. Just when I got to fedex the guy kinda whirlwinded me into getting the thing into a box and I didn’t want to mess anything up.

Aug 23, 2020
I shipped my package off, but I forgot to rubber band or paperclip the whole thing together. It’s paper clipped into four large sections, so I hope it doesn’t fall out of order in transit. It’s in a fedex shipping box that’s a but bugger than the papers, so there’s a bit of room to move around.
God, I’ve never been so mad at myself. I was so focused on getting each other detail correct, and the dude just grabbed my stuff and dropped it into a box and was like “perfect fit!” And all of this.
Well here’s hoping it goes through.
We get it. How frustrating for you.

saramarlene

May 18, 2017
Hey guys, new to this so please bear with me
I just found this forum today and am so happy!
I am a Canadian citizen and my partner is Australian and we are both living in Australia at the moment and about to send our application by the end of this week.
I'm assuming entry isn't granted until the application is approved?meaning after the "12 month" (probably longer) processing time? Is he allowed to enter on an ETA visa considering he is immediate family of mine while the sponsorship is being processed?

thanks so much

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hey guys, new to this so please bear with me
I just found this forum today and am so happy!
I am a Canadian citizen and my partner is Australian and we are both living in Australia at the moment and about to send our application by the end of this week.
I'm assuming entry isn't granted until the application is approved?meaning after the "12 month" (probably longer) processing time? Is he allowed to enter on an ETA visa considering he is immediate family of mine while the sponsorship is being processed?

thanks so much
My advice. Don't apply Outland, processing times are astronomical as of yet - 200 days for AOR1. I would wait till things normalize and AOR goes back to the 15 day wait it was pre-Covid.
If you really want to live in Canada (not sure why any Aussie would want to trade paradise for a sh*thole) I'd suggest coming to Canada on an ETA visa (he is Covid exempt) and applying Inland (thereby getting OWP and visa extensions as needed).

saramarlene

May 18, 2017
My advice. Don't apply Outland, processing times are astronomical as of yet - 200 days for AOR1. I would wait till things normalize and AOR goes back to the 15 day wait it was pre-Covid.
If you really want to live in Canada (not sure why any Aussie would want to trade paradise for a sh*thole) I'd suggest coming to Canada on an ETA visa (he is Covid exempt) and applying Inland (thereby getting OWP and visa extensions as needed).
Thank you so much for the reply :) I'm feeling so lost (as is everyone) and this is really helping the whole situation.
So if he was to enter on an ETA, he can then apply for OWP once inland application is approved?
Also looking at the tracking sheet it seems Inland has just as heavy delays. Is there priority for Inland or just a better option?
again, sorry for silly questions I'm very new to this.
thanks again :)

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you so much for the reply :) I'm feeling so lost (as is everyone) and this is really helping the whole situation.
So if he was to enter on an ETA, he can then apply for OWP once inland application is approved?
Also looking at the tracking sheet it seems Inland has just as heavy delays. Is there priority for Inland or just a better option?
There are delays all over. Advantage for inland is you apply for the OWP for him at same time. Hence the inland applicant can work while waiting, or at least part of the time. (Note that usually or used to take about three or four months for the OWP)

Reactions: saramarlene

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Inland is the better option, its the default option for visa-exempt foreigners. Actually a lot more processing is coming from Inlanders post Covid. So its a no brainer in your case. Affirmative on the OWP. The only shortfalls of Inland app is that the applicant isn't supposed to leave Canada for prolonged period while his application is in process (or even at all, I'm not versed on Inland apps as I am an outlander).

saramarlene

May 18, 2017
Inland is the better option, its the default option for visa-exempt foreigners. Actually a lot more processing is coming from Inlanders post Covid. So its a no brainer in your case. Affirmative on the OWP. The only shortfalls of Inland app is that the applicant isn't supposed to leave Canada for prolonged period while his application is in process (or even at all, I'm not versed on Inland apps as I am an outlander).
I see. Inland sounds great except for the applicant being unable to leave. We had planned to attend his brothers wedding next year ( just a week ). I'm aware of the risks attached to this but seems to be the only option as an OWP is very necessary.
Lets say we apply inland and want to check the "i am also including OWP application" on checklist. I have found IM5710. Is this the form required? Do we check the "apply for a work permit for the first time" box? Or is it done online? Aghh I'm confused.

Do you have experience with leaving the country briefly? Do you think it would help his re-entry if I travelled with him or hurt the application?

Last edited:

Sahoby

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
I'm just about to send my application, should I include a cover letter, if so, what should be included?
thanks a lot for the help

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
I see. Inland sounds great except for the applicant being unable to leave. We had planned to attend his brothers wedding next year ( just a week ). I'm aware of the risks attached to this but seems to be the only option as an OWP is very necessary.
Lets say we apply inland and want to check the "i am also including OWP application" on checklist. I have found IM5710. Is this the form required? Do we check the "apply for a work permit for the first time" box? Or is it done online? Aghh I'm confused.

Do you have experience with leaving the country briefly? Do you think it would help his re-entry if I travelled with him or hurt the application?
If u r travelling with him it will be easy for him to get entry without mych questions from CBSA about immediate family member requirement moreover it will not affect any file
And u have to mark the option OWP while applying for Inland Spousal Sponsorship and Open work permits are multiple entry so ur spouse can re-enter canada if restrictions will not be there at that time moreover exemption is there for immediate family members