22-07-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2020
LANDED..........
22-07-2020

adusafoa01

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Hi friends, we are worry as to when we will be getting our AOR, has be a problem, I want to ask if our application would be process faster as promised, or u sguys think it still going to take a longer time, since they are going to increase their employees to speed up spousal application.

EssGee

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-12-2019
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Interview........
22-07-2020
Passport Req..
22-07-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2020
LANDED..........
22-07-2020
Hi friends, we are worry as to when we will be getting our AOR, has be a problem, I want to ask if our application would be process faster as promised, or u sguys think it still going to take a longer time, since they are going to increase their employees to speed up spousal application.
Did you try to get the temporary application number as discussed in this thread? I feel positive about the announcement. Should speed up things for us. Also are you considering visitor visa and then applying work permit if needed? That’s some option I have been thinking while waiting.

Reactions: rrss13

adusafoa01

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Did you try to get the temporary application number as discussed in this thread? I feel positive about the announcement. Should speed up things for us. Also are you considering visitor visa and then applying work permit if needed? That’s some option I have been thinking while waiting.
No am not thinking about applying for TRV now because it still not assured and my application was returned after 10months of submition because I didn't include the travel history form and they kept for 10months to return so I submitted a second application in August. I will wait a little to check for a temporary application number.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Best guess is slower than before covid, faster than it would be without this initiative.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I think the plan is to speed it up and the new all digital system will eventually be faster then pre covid processing exspiealy once backlog clears
Yes, the plan is to speed it up, and yes, the plan is to clear the backlog.

But so far there are only the vaguest of announcements of plans to be "more digital." Entirely unclear when or if this becomes "all digital" and certainly whether all new. And obviously there is a backlog of paper apps for spousal sponsorship that have to be dealt with and unclear (unlikely?) whether this move to digital will affect those beyond perhaps some improved file handling in the near term to deal with the backlog.

I'm not saying it's not a good thing, it is. But to avoid disappointment, let's be cautious.

Of course if anyone wants to be super-optimistic, that's their right,but I fear may not be realistic.

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
Yes, the plan is to speed it up, and yes, the plan is to clear the backlog.

But so far there are only the vaguest of announcements of plans to be "more digital." Entirely unclear when or if this becomes "all digital" and certainly whether all new. And obviously there is a backlog of paper apps for spousal sponsorship that have to be dealt with and unclear (unlikely?) whether this move to digital will affect those beyond perhaps some improved file handling in the near term to deal with the backlog.

I'm not saying it's not a good thing, it is. But to avoid disappointment, let's be cautious.

Of course if anyone wants to be super-optimistic, that's their right,but I fear may not be realistic.
I think I remember in some video call the monsters had of robot scanning of lots of these apps speeding it up a lot

Etherway time will tell I don't hold much hope for short term paper apps but I suspect long term 3 years from now processing will be a lot faster then pre covid for sure

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Etherway time will tell I don't hold much hope for short term paper apps but I suspect long term 3 years from now processing will be a lot faster then pre covid for sure
I don't disagree, I'm only speaking of apps in progress and submitted in near term.

What happens in three years prob doesn't concern most of the spousal applicants now...