+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

snaptrooper

Jun 27, 2020
Actually nothing... It just means that they have opened your package, scanned it but yet to start the process of checking for completeness.

hilda8519

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
I had an offer from Canada large company as IT engineer. They gave me the offer partly because I had told them I will get my residence myself. They do not need to support my working LMIA visa. Can I apply to family visit visa to visit my husband once I had the AOR1 and told the visa officer that I would like to apply for working in Canada once I had arrived? I do not know I should accept the job now and prepare to begin my work in early 2021 or I should decline the job and wait until my residence approve (maybe end of 2021)?

Last edited:

hilda8519

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
They could support the LMIA visa but they said it will last a long time to get it. They want me to begin my work at Jan or Feb 2021. I am in the United States. The salary is high enough. If I begin the job at August or December 2021, they said they do not know they could wait for that long....

I heard in the forums that we could get our AOR in Nov or Dec 2020? Do you think it is possible?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I had an offer from Canada large company as IT engineer. They gave me the offer partly because I had told them I will get my residence myself. They do not need to support my working LMIA visa. Can I apply to family visit visa to visit my husband once I had the AOR1 and told the visa officer that I would like to apply for working in Canada once I had arrived? I do not know I should accept the job now and prepare to begin my work in early 2021 or I should decline the job and wait until my residence approve (maybe end of 2021)?
Would you be applying inland or out? If outland you can't apply for a work permit. Have you already applied for PR, if so when, if not then you have zero chance of getting AOR this year.

hilda8519

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Would you be applying inland or out? If outland you can't apply for a work permit. Have you already applied for PR, if so when, if not then you have zero chance of getting AOR this year.
I had applied outland. I am working for a large company in USA and I am going to its Canada office so my husband and I can live together. He has support my application. The group I am going to transfer to can wait for me util the end of Feb but they does not want to wait for me util the end of 2021...I know I can not get a work permit outland. I just want to apply a family visa to get into Canada. I just do not know whether or not I could apply one at 2020. I do not have any kind of Canada visa including tourist visa .

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I had applied outland. I am working for a large company in USA and I am going to its Canada office so my husband and I can live together. He has support my application. The group I am going to transfer to can wait for me util the end of Feb but they does not want to wait for me util the end of 2021...I know I can not get a work permit outland. I just want to apply a family visa to get into Canada. I just do not know whether or not I could apply one at 2020. I do not have any kind of Canada visa including tourist visa .
Are you a US citizen, if so you don't need a visa to enter Canada. You could come here to visit and apply for inland sponsorship and OWP at the same time. An OWP would be faster than waiting for PR status but no guarantees of any specific time for it to be processed these days with Covid. Used to be 3-5 months, longer now.

hilda8519

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Are you a US citizen, if so you don't need a visa to enter Canada. You could come here to visit and apply for inland sponsorship and OWP at the same time. An OWP would be faster than waiting for PR status but no guarantees of any specific time for it to be processed these days with Covid. Used to be 3-5 months, longer now.
I am not a citizen. I am from Hongkong and I need a visa to visit my husband....

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I am not a citizen. I am from Hongkong and I need a visa to visit my husband....
If you hold a passport from Hong Kong you don't need a TRV but you do need an eTA which you can easily get applying on-line in a few days. You could travel to Canada using that under to unite with your spouse. Once here you can apply Inland for Permanent Residence and an OWP. Apart from that you would need your potential employer to sponsor you through the LMIA program. I don't know how long that takes right now or if you would qualify for it. Check this link for more info.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-temporary-foreign/find-need-labour-market-impact-assessment.html

Reactions: vruank and armoured

hilda8519

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
who will receive AOR1 OR someother information? Me or my husband? How do we get this information? I think it is a letter from government, right? Do you have any links to explain about AOR1 who will receive it or what to next to me?
Thanks