+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
Gonna go for double post here. VFS has been a pain to deal with, but I think we finally got through.
We received an email stating the following :

Your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXXXXXXX has been dispatched to the IRCC Office,on 7/8/2021 12:12:05 PM for processing.

Regards,
VFS Global
I've been trying to see how we can track the application or details or whatever, but its all coming up empty. Anyone has an idea/can help ? Thank you !

sorooshsa

Jan 21, 2021
Hey fellas, I have received pre-arrival, PPR four days ago. In addition, my online account status changed into decision made on the same day. I sent my passport to the Visa Office yesterday, and I hope to hear some good news soon, both for myself and for all of you.

I updated my info in the spreadsheet with the same name as here, if you are interested.

Reactions: Rman01 and ritod101

ark2016

Jan 11, 2021
Hi everyone, we received pre-arrival letter today...can anyone tell us what this means? Also is it passport request that comes next and how long?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi everyone, we received pre-arrival letter today...can anyone tell us what this means? Also is it passport request that comes next and how long?
Pre-arrival services are free and are there to help acquaint new immigrants with various parts of life in Canada. It isn't mandatory to use it but if the PA isn't familiar with Canada it can be helpful. DM is generally next, no set time, few days in some cases to a few months. Your app is moving along, hopefully not too much longer.

ark2016

Jan 11, 2021
Pre-arrival services are free and are there to help acquaint new immigrants with various parts of life in Canada. It isn't mandatory to use it but if the PA isn't familiar with Canada it can be helpful. DM is generally next, no set time, few days in some cases to a few months. Your app is moving along, hopefully not too much longer.
Thanks so much!

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
Has anyone landed recently in Canada - PR or Citizens ? I am a bit worried about the whole 3 day mandatory hotel stay. I will have 2 vaccines, but the second will only about 7 days by the time I fly. Really not keen on that hotel stay and the added cost...

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Has anyone landed recently in Canada - PR or Citizens ? I am a bit worried about the whole 3 day mandatory hotel stay. I will have 2 vaccines, but the second will only about 7 days by the time I fly. Really not keen on that hotel stay and the added cost...
Right now you will not be exempted from the hotel stay, when are you traveling?

• have received your last dose at least 14 days prior to the day you enter Canada
    • Example: if your last dose was anytime on Thursday July 1st, then Thursday July 15th would be the first day that you meet the 14 day condition
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
Right now you will not be exempted from the hotel stay, when are you traveling?

• have received your last dose at least 14 days prior to the day you enter Canada
    • Example: if your last dose was anytime on Thursday July 1st, then Thursday July 15th would be the first day that you meet the 14 day condition
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada
I need to travel first week of August latest, otherwise I will be, I think, overstaying my legal rights in Finland. I'd have to travel on the 10th to be exempt, but by then, I've overstayed my welcome here - as far as I understand.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I need to travel first week of August latest, otherwise I will be, I think, overstaying my legal rights in Finland. I'd have to travel on the 10th to be exempt, but by then, I've overstayed my welcome here - as far as I understand.
All you can do is try to find an earlier date to get your 2nd shot. It has to be a Canada approved vaccine as well.

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
All you can do is try to find an earlier date to get your 2nd shot. It has to be a Canada approved vaccine as well.
It is, it is Pfizer. Though, I will already be getting it way sooner than normal per Europe standard so really limited in options. I guess I will have to pay a ton of money for an horrible unpleasant experience without a chance to be reimburse and complicate deeply my return home. Oh, how good it will be to come home to Canada haha.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Officially got confirmation of Approval and CoPR.
Everything's in the mail from London, but its basically over now. We will be able to live together in Canada !!

I'll be flying out August 10 in the end, 14 days after my second dose of Pfizer, so even better.
Congrats and glad you got the travel and vaccination sorted out.