+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

12singaa

Jan 1, 2020
Just want to update everyone -
Application recieved on August 31, 2020.
File number received on February 2, 2021.
ECAS showing 'In Process', under details it says that they started processing on Feb 3,2021.
Not sure how much longer till finalization but I was relieved to see an update after so long.

FlyingLion

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Unlike what people think, my observation is that IRCC works in a very methodical, almost mechanical way. There are few outlier cases here and there but generally they are mostly due to application complexity or individual situations.

Anyways, Feb-2020 applicants are getting Test invites now so Aug-2020 should start getting the same in June-July 2021 time frame. Hope for the best !
How so it is working almost mechanical way ? Please Elaborate.

SinghfromTexas

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
Dallas Texas, USA
Unlike what people think, my observation is that IRCC works in a very methodical, almost mechanical way. There are few outlier cases here and there but generally they are mostly due to application complexity or individual situations.

Anyways, Feb-2020 applicants are getting Test invites now so Aug-2020 should start getting the same in June-July 2021 time frame. Hope for the best !
FB GROUP JUNE 2020 applicant done with her online test .

Reactions: FlyingLion

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
does anyone from August have his application at the secondary office ? or application still in central ?
My application got transferred earlier this week on 9th. Basically, it all depends on how quickly your Background checks (Criminality from RCMP & Security Clearance) are completed and passed.

hadiplusplus

Nov 9, 2015
My application got transferred earlier this week on 9th. Basically, it all depends on how quickly your Background checks (Criminality from RCMP & Security Clearance) are completed and passed.
How you know your application was transferred?

thanks

udd

Aug 17, 2015
Hi everyone,
I have submitted my citizenship application via mail in August 7th 2020.
I haven't heard anything from CIC neither I have recieved the AOR.
Is anyone on the same boat ?
Thanks

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called the helpline and they confirmed dates for transfer as well as dates for Police checks & security checks being cleared as per my file.
So I read that there are three checks, eligibility, security and criminal. I think Eligibility is done by nova Scotia office before the file is transferred to local office. If you are done with all checks then you should expect the test invite soon, depending on your local office.

Smithlee9019

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Guys I have a questions after we becomes a permanent residence when we can apply for citizenship what is the procedure how much is the fee and what kind of a test that we need to pass can somebody please share his experience