+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

Kaliswaran

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
I have a question , my application was returned back to me to adjust something and I had adjusted it and sent it 1 month back , do I will wait for another 6 months to hear back from them ? Also how I can check the status , pls share the link to check status thanks
It will be treated as new application. They process based on order they receive.

I had same problem. I sent application in July 2020 and found a mistake. Send another one at end of Aug. They returned my July one and latter in Jan 2021 they processed my Aug application.

namushyuu

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You get file # when you receive AOR, don’t think there is a email notification for In Process.
So do you see your file# in ecas? I received an email last month with the fiel# but I do not see that in ecas.

Nsharaf

Mar 13, 2017
Hello everyone I had applied for citizenship and now it says it's in processing (after submitting an urgent request to process) my question is dose anyone knows the time frame of getting a test invitation, any info would be great appreciate.

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 26, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 2, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on February 1, 2021.
Why do some people get the extra line saying "We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 2, 2020." and some people don't?

Does it mean anything?

Mine only says the below:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 5, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on February 23, 2021.

hadiplusplus

Nov 9, 2015
Why do some people get the extra line saying "We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 2, 2020." and some people don't?

Does it mean anything?

Mine only says the below:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 5, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on February 23, 2021.
I have exactly the same timeline as yours. August 5th and February 23rd.
And even though I got AOR on January 31st I don’t have that line neither.
if you’re in montreal area maybe the same agent is processing our files and he just didn’t add that line for AOR.

mark.gentil

Aug 23, 2020
quick question.. i got an email requesting for finger print does anybody knows how much it might cost and where can i get it in Montreal? thank you

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
quick question.. i got an email requesting for finger print does anybody knows how much it might cost and where can i get it in Montreal? thank you
@engray if you try to book a fingerprint appointment on the commissionaire website it says

**Note: If you have received a letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada requesting BIOMETRICS you have to go to your nearest Service Canada Center – only Service Canada can complete that type of request.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
I recently ordered gcms notes and I noticed this part in the criminality section

type: CIT RCMP Screening
Screening Status: Fingerprints Required
Due date: 2021/04/18

Does that mean I will receive fingerprint request on April 18th?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
@engray if you try to book a fingerprint appointment on the commissionaire website it says

**Note: If you have received a letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada requesting BIOMETRICS you have to go to your nearest Service Canada Center – only Service Canada can complete that type of request.
So Biometrics is different than FP request. You need to submit your FP to the RCMP so that they can check your criminal records. Biometrics are for other immigration applications such as work/study permits where you submit FP directly to IRCC.

Anyhow, the letter you receive from IRCC will have instructions on how to get your FP done.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I recently ordered gcms notes and I noticed this part in the criminality section

Wow so they are back to requesting FP again, it was suspended for a while due to Covid.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Maybe but not necessarily, reading some of the threads here on gcms, some people had due dates for certain sections in nov 2020, dec 2020 etc however have yet to hear back.

I guess you can only wait and hope the request comes through by the due date.

Reactions: Camelboy

jass1699

May 18, 2013
Hi everybody.

I sent my paper citizenship application in august 2020. I haven't heard anything since then. I am worried now. I checked at that time and I was able to see the signature on the delivery of the application. Unfortunately, I have lost my receipt of courier and I don't know the tracking number of my package. Any suggestions for me? Interesting thing is that I applied as urgent. I never received any returned application package either. What could be the reason for so long delay?

:(:(

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hi everybody.

I sent my paper citizenship application in august 2020. I haven't heard anything since then. I am worried now. I checked at that time and I was able to see the signature on the delivery of the application. Unfortunately, I have lost my receipt of courier and I don't know the tracking number of my package. Any suggestions for me? Interesting thing is that I applied as urgent. I never received any returned application package either. What could be the reason for so long delay?

:(:(

Login to the Client Application Status.

Select Identification type as "Client ID / Unique Client Identifier". Enter your UCI Number as shown in your previous communication with IRCC (It's also on your PR Card as PR Card number)

Enter other details as required. (Last Name, Date and Place of Birth) and click Continue

You should be able to see the status of the application if you have entered all the details exactly as submitted to IRCC.

Alternatively, call IRCC on 888-242-2100 and speak to an agent about your Citizenship application (use menu options 1-1-4-1).

Good luck.