+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

vir03

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Hi All. On my ECAS everything, except for Ceremony, has been marked "Completed" since January 13 and status shows "Decision made". But nothing after that. Does anyone have a similar experience, i.e. 3+ months after "decision made" and still waiting for the ceremony letter? Thanks
Did you heard anything after that??

Saki2020

Mar 18, 2020
Hello all,
Completed test on Jan 16,2022 and all other sections were updated on Feb 22,200 as completed except for Oath ceremony.

I see some candidates are going through interview. I didn’t get any email or anything about either interview or Oath Ceremony.
Is there anyone with me in the boat waiting for over 6 months after all the statuses were marked as completed?

Similar ..my application had decision made and everything completed on January 25th..did my citizenship test on jan 5. No oath nothing. Ottawa office.

Saki2020

Mar 18, 2020
Not sure how long it would take. Did you try reaching out to someone?
I did.. to my MP 2 months ago I needed to go home for my ailing father, he passed away I couldnt go. The office just gives a generic reply and passes on the same information I got from my tracker. Told me to wait till its been 27 months.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I did.. to my MP 2 months ago I needed to go home for my ailing father, he passed away I couldnt go. The office just gives a generic reply and passes on the same information I got from my tracker. Told me to wait till its been 27 months.
So cold-hearted...

vir03

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Very sorry for you. This is rough

vir03

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
27 months? Is it the generic time now?

vir03

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Hello, from my Online Tracker, I have been scheduled for Oath Ceremony on Aug 24, 2022. It does not provide any additional details.
Any idea how long it would take to get the official invitation letter?
Would it be email or mail? (So far all the updates were by emails only so expect the same, but just wanted to confirm)

Jessie01

Mar 29, 2020
Hello Guys!
I have got an update and scheduled for Oath Ceremony for 23rd of August. Status for Oath ceremony is now changed to In Progress from Not started.
However I haven’t received any email with the link to be joined and what documents needed to be prepared.
Can anyone help me here like how do they send information? By email or mail? What documents needs to be ready?
Any suggestions will be really helpful.
Thanks

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Hello Guys!
I have got an update and scheduled for Oath Ceremony for 23rd of August. Status for Oath ceremony is now changed to In Progress from Not started.
However I haven’t received any email with the link to be joined and what documents needed to be prepared.
Can anyone help me here like how do they send information? By email or mail? What documents needs to be ready?
Thanks
Hi Jessie, are you an august 2020 applicant? And if you can tell me what process did you go through?

kristacanada

May 30, 2018
Hello Guys!
Thanks
You will receive an email from the scheduling office; it can come as late as one week before your ceremony. Very detailed instructions will be included in a PDF attached to the email, but the short answer is that you will need your PR card, another piece of ID (i.e. driver's license, health card), as well as your confirmation of permanent residency.

Reactions: vir03

kristacanada

May 30, 2018
Hello, from my Online Tracker, I have been scheduled for Oath Ceremony on Aug 24, 2022. It does not provide any additional details.
Any idea how long it would take to get the official invitation letter?
Would it be email or mail? (So far all the updates were by emails only so expect the same, but just wanted to confirm)
You will receive an email from the scheduling office; it can come as late as one week before your ceremony. Very detailed instructions will be included in a PDF attached to the email.

Reactions: vir03