+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

canada810

Dec 14, 2020
Hello All,

My wife's PR Card is gonna expire soon 29-June-2022 and as of now we are just waiting for her Oath. Test was completed on 08-Jan-2022. Should we renew the PR card or continue waiting for the Citizenship , as of now we don't have any travel plans. Please advise if there is anyone on the same boat.

I hope there wont be any issue to stay with an expired PR card.

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
I got a ghost update back on Nov 2021 but nothing actually changed on my file since I cleared the test back in June 2020. I hope it will work differently for you and you got a real update soon.
I got a decision made update on my file yesterday. No update on oath yet though. Hope you get an update soon too. Seems like Mississauga office is picking up pace now for old application.

Sniperflutt

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
My wife's file just got an update with to have an interview with an officer on July 5th. Is there something special she needs to prepare for the interview?
Can I attend that interview with her or she have to be alone ?

thank you for the help.

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
My wife's file just got an update with to have an interview with an officer on July 5th. Is there something special she needs to prepare for the interview?
Can I attend that interview with her or she have to be alone ?

thank you for the help.
Usually they will tell you what all documents to bring to the interview (usually COPR, passport and any ID you listed while submitting application). It may be to judge language skills or for some other clarification that might be application specific. She must attend it alone if only she got the request. Nothing to worry about though - tell her to maintain a positive cheery attitude, keep the interviewer engaged on any topic under the sun (the weather, a recent trip you took or anything that comes up during the first few minutes) and it should be a breeze. All the best.

May 28, 2016
Hi All,
I applied for Citizenship in Aug 2020. I have now received invitation for the oath ceremony, however at this time I am in India due to family emergency and therefore cannot travel back to Canada. I understand that the oath can only be taken while one is inside Canada. Is there any exception to this rule? If yes, can someone please answer:
a) An estimate as to how long it take to receive the certificate of citizenship and passports(will make a separate application)
b) Since I'll be required to destroy the PR cards during the ceremony, is there a way to travel to Canada before I receive my new passports?

Thank you very much !!

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hi All,
I applied for Citizenship in Aug 2020. I have now received invitation for the oath ceremony, however at this time I am in India due to family emergency and therefore cannot travel back to Canada. I understand that the oath can only be taken while one is inside Canada. Is there any exception to this rule? If yes, can someone please answer:
a) An estimate as to how long it take to receive the certificate of citizenship and passports(will make a separate application)
b) Since I'll be required to destroy the PR cards during the ceremony, is there a way to travel to Canada before I receive my new passports?

Thank you very much !!
If you or your family members are sick, you can request taking oath outside Canada as long as you send them doctor's diagnosis.
If you have US tourism visa, you can go to USA first and then enter Canada via land border which only requires citizenship certificate. Receiving citizenship certificate overseas through embassy takes about 2 months

CanManPlan

Apr 7, 2022
Hello, Has anyone in this forum passed the citizenship test but been called for an interview before the oath ? Can you throw light on why the interview is conducted, what should one be prepared for etc ? Thank you.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hello, Has anyone in this forum passed the citizenship test but been called for an interview before the oath ? Can you throw light on why the interview is conducted, what should one be prepared for etc ? Thank you.
My notes said interview was required because I took test outside Canada. My language skills were completed right after the interview. It's mainly IDs check for me.

CanManPlan

Apr 7, 2022
My notes said interview was required because I took test outside Canada. My language skills were completed right after the interview. It's mainly IDs check for me.
Got it Thank you. That makes sense as I was on a work trip outside Canada when I took the test.

Shamon

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Hi All,
all my status turned to "completed" except the ceremony (ceremony said not started yet). I am just wondering how long usually does it take to receive the ceremony invitation/email? Thanks in advance for your time.

Reactions: uncommonfriend

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
If you or your family members are sick, you can request taking oath outside Canada as long as you send them doctor's diagnosis.
If you have US tourism visa, you can go to USA first and then enter Canada via land border which only requires citizenship certificate. Receiving citizenship certificate overseas through embassy takes about 2 months
Has anyone requested oath outside Canada because they’re sick ? Did they accept ?

Shm2008

Oct 9, 2017
Hi all,

I applied for Citizenship in Aug 2020 but unfortunately I'm still waiting for the test. Only background check is marked as completed in my account. Is anybody else in the same situation as me? And do you have any recommendations for me to speed up this process? I'm getting worried and do not know what has caused this long delay for my application. I already followed up with MP twice but no updates from IRCC yet.

Reactions: Dreamlad
May 28, 2016
Thank you so much for this information

Sniperflutt

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
Usually they will tell you what all documents to bring to the interview (usually COPR, passport and any ID you listed while submitting application). It may be to judge language skills or for some other clarification that might be application specific. She must attend it alone if only she got the request. Nothing to worry about though - tell her to maintain a positive cheery attitude, keep the interviewer engaged on any topic under the sun (the weather, a recent trip you took or anything that comes up during the first few minutes) and it should be a breeze. All the best.
Hello
My wife just finished the interview and it was mainly IDs validation. Now any expectations when the tracker can be updated and what about the next steps.
Thank you

Reactions: Dreamlad